Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

huatah

Reaction score
Just came back from two 2nd hand watch shop

Findings :

1) quoted $5400 for 2nd hand submariner with date . Year 2002. That guy told me if sell back to him within 1st year, guaranteed they will take back 85% of the price u bought from them.

2) quoted $5800 for 2nd hand submarine with date. Year 2005. No guranteed take back value.

All havent bargain.

Ask bout omega speedmaster legend too. But they told me dun have. Say no resale value.

ohlins

Reaction score
a fren's fren recently bought a D series subdate 10 mths old at 5k while on a trip to taiwan.......sg prices usually abit higher

to me 5800 is a bit high.....between 5k to 5.5k is reasonable....

ohlins

Reaction score
sevensomerset said:
erm... speedmaster aka moonwatch.
last time NASA choose 3 watches for their space mission,
ROLEX,OMEGA & LONGINE.
only OMEGA passed all the test, the rest cannot make it,
the ROLEX they choose DAYTONA(need to check again),
in the end of the test,
the minute hand melted then stick on the dial or what...

but then again ROLEX got resale value...
anyone know OMEGA any good for re-sale value?

the moonwatch is nice....but i wouldnt compare it to the daytona.........the prices they command are totally different.......moreover, the moonwatch is a manual wind with hesalite crystal.....while the modern daytona is auto and has a sapphire crystal. of cos there is the auto speedmaster....which is not the same as the moonwatch

models of vintage and modern daytona:

dayorig.jpg

huatah

Reaction score
ohlins said:
a fren's fren recently bought a D series subdate 10 mths old at 5k while on a trip to taiwan.......sg prices usually abit higher

to me 5800 is a bit high.....between 5k to 5.5k is reasonable....

What do u mean by a D series ?

Waw .. 5k for a 10mth old subdate is a good catch.

boobip

Reaction score
huatah said:

Findings :

1) quoted $5400 for 2nd hand submariner with date . Year 2002. That guy told me if sell back to him within 1st year, guaranteed they will take back 85% of the price u bought from them.

2) quoted $5800 for 2nd hand submarine with date. Year 2005. No guranteed take back value.

All havent bargain.

Ask bout omega speedmaster legend too. But they told me dun have. Say no resale value.
Omegas have lower resale value. The Schumi edition Speedy costs a lot and if u were to sell it, u'll lose at least 40% outright within 1 year. No Joke. Rather u get a Rolex. At least if u dun like it over the next few months, u dun lose more than 15%.

Current Subdate prices are on the high side, due to a high demand.... but if its a watch that sings to your heartstrings, go for it! However, if u're just looking to get ANY Rolex sports model, and price is the determining factor, the cheaper ones to get now are the pre-owned Explorer 2 or the GMT master. My 2 cents.

Last edited:

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huatah said:
I did went to Roy Eastern to check . The old man there told me Sub with date retail ard 7.5k . Can give 10-15% discount. But currently no stock. He say stock might be coming next week or two.

if 10% is $6750
if 15% is $6375

Tink if you have already decided on this watch , maybe u can ask for $6375 deal now.
WOW,that's amazing for ROLEX watches,
so I guez 2nd shop pay 5K++ for 2nd hand SUB w date?
I got budget should go for ROLEX.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
the moonwatch is nice....but i wouldnt compare it to the daytona.........the prices they command are totally different.......moreover, the moonwatch is a manual wind with hesalite crystal.....while the modern daytona is auto and has a sapphire crystal. of cos there is the auto speedmaster....which is not the same as the moonwatch

dayorig.jpg
haha, ROLEX is ROLEX,
TAG HEUER also got saphire/automatic but it is far lower grade than ROLEX...
though TAG HEUER movement not as good...i think...

Last edited:

trinsic84

Reaction score
ohlins,

are these your watches? They look nice. No offence but are they they genuine? Your paul newman can fetch a hell lot of $$$.....

ohlins said:

dayorig.jpg

katoomee

Reaction score
huatah said:

Findings :

All havent bargain.

yr2005 if 5600 not bad price. where is the shop?

huatah

Reaction score
katoomee said:
yr2005 if 5600 not bad price. where is the shop?

Bro

Its $5800. But you shd be able to bargain down to $5600 :D

Its albert complex.

Its the shopping centre opposite OG bugis . There is a lot of watch shop inside the complex.

Near Fu lu shou .

Was just offered a 15% discount for sub/w date off retail. After discount $6327.4. Buying from a frd who is working in AD rolex. Brand new.

Pls let me know if anyone keen. I try to see whether i can push down further or at least do the same price . But i cant promise any thing.

katoomee

Reaction score
huatah said:
Bro

Its $5800. But you shd be able to bargain down to $5600 :D

Its albert complex.

Its the shopping centre opposite OG bugis . There is a lot of watch shop inside the complex.

Near Fu lu shou .

Was just offered a 15% discount for sub/w date off retail. After discount $6327.4. Buying from a frd who is working in AD rolex. Brand new.

Pls let me know if anyone keen. I try to see whether i can push down further or at least do the same price . But i cant promise any thing.

bro
am keen if there is available stock. sub/w date black. by cash

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sevensomerset said:
the ROLEX they choose DAYTONA(need to check again),
in the end of the test,
the minute hand melted then stick on the dial or what...

but then again ROLEX got resale value...
anyone know OMEGA any good for re-sale value?

Daytona hands made of white gold mah, naturally lower melting point.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sevensomerset said:
haha, ROLEX is ROLEX,
TAG HEUER also got saphire/automatic but it is far lower grade than ROLEX...
though TAG HEUER movement not as good...i think...

Most Tag Heuer uses ETA movement, Rolex uses their own in-house movement.

ohlins

Reaction score
trinsic84 said:
ohlins,

are these your watches? They look nice. No offence but are they they genuine? Your paul newman can fetch a hell lot of $$$.....

haha i not so fortunate to own so many daytona....:p

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
patryn33 said:
these days alot of watches uses ETA movement. like
Officine Panerai, Omega, Oris, Tudor, TAG Heuer, IWC and Breitling.

I would think ETA also has varies classification for their movement.
why will anyone pay X to get a IWC if whats go in there is same as a swatch?
this guy said,
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1265203&page=6&pp=15&highlight=rolex

although many brands using the same movement but they made modification,
make sense to me coz no point keep on re-inventing the wheel.

ohlins

Reaction score
sevensomerset said:
this guy said,
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1265203&page=6&pp=15&highlight=rolex

although many brands using the same movement but they made modification,
make sense to me coz no point keep on re-inventing the wheel.

it's one thing to modify and upgrade the base movement....nothing wrong with that of cos....ETA movements have proven themselves over the decades and there must be millions in use all over the world

some manufactures modify to such an extent that they give the calibre a new name.........however they shd be responsible not to mislead the consumer by not disclosing that the base movement was ETA.....inform and let ppl judge for themselves....

e.g. hamilton khaki chrono uses 7750......ball chrono oso.....breitling navitimer oso...... however the price range stretches from 1k to 5k approx.....of cos we would like to believe that breitling did something more to their movements.....:p

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
it's one thing to modify and upgrade the base movement....nothing wrong with that of cos....ETA movements have proven themselves over the decades and there must be millions in use all over the world

some manufactures modify to such an extent that they give the calibre a new name.........however they shd be responsible not to mislead the consumer by not disclosing that the base movement was ETA.....inform and let ppl judge for themselves....

e.g. hamilton khaki chrono uses 7750......ball chrono oso.....breitling navitimer oso...... however the price range stretches from 1k to 5k approx.....of cos we would like to believe that breitling did something more to their movements.....:p
paid few thousand bucks, and dun noe where the money go to...
anyone can recommend good website on wristwatch?
currently checking these 3,

http://www.timezone.com/
http://jholbrook.proboards33.com/index.cgi
http://tw.wwwmonline.com/ --->chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.