HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #1816
Master Member

First hand. Spur of the moment buy. Use 24-months, now credit card totally maxed out except 90 dollars limit left, so no toys for 2 years sob sob. Paid 9.5K. Not a bad price right? Goes very well with my yellow gold chain heehee. Very bling bling.

I hope the price increase will be 20%! Hehe
wah say....first hand at 9.5k....looks not bad....but i still not used to the gold colour ah...quite difficult to match with casual wear leh....
u use uob credit card ah ? 24mths installment ?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #1817
Master Member

starting bid quite low ah....hmm....
Old 04-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #1818
Master Member

First hand. Spur of the moment buy. Use 24-months, now credit card totally maxed out except 90 dollars limit left, so no toys for 2 years sob sob. Paid 9.5K. Not a bad price right? Goes very well with my yellow gold chain heehee. Very bling bling.

I hope the price increase will be 20%! Hehe
wah you damn rich ar, you oil trader? where and when can I see you wearing that watch? cuz never seen anyone wearing it yet
Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #1819
Banned

will the price of sea dweller 4000 and submarina black with date

increase further ?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #1820
Banned

increase further ?

heard people parks centre

got sell 2nd hand rolex

is it reliable ?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #1821
Master Member

wah you damn rich ar, you oil trader? where and when can I see you wearing that watch? cuz never seen anyone wearing it yet
lol...oil trader....
so far only seen people with sub date more often...SD have only seen 1 time....
half gold one i also have not seen people wearing it...
Old 04-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #1822
Master Member

increase further ?

got sell 2nd hand rolex

is it reliable ?
don't know reliable or not also....never buy 2nd hand rollies before...
Old 04-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #1823

wah say....first hand at 9.5k....looks not bad....but i still not used to the gold colour ah...quite difficult to match with casual wear leh....
u use uob credit card ah ? 24mths installment ?
I used DBS. Is 9.5K expensive? I asked around, I tot quite an ok price compared to the rest. Lol not an oil trader, more like an middle eastern prince's friend's newphew's dog's breeder's domestic helper. The reason why they give me a better price is because my friend also bought a platinum bezel and dial yatchmaster for his gf, and earlier he bought the same model for himself. His watch is 10.5K, gasp So the salesgirl gave me a better deal because of my friend. But frankly I find the yatchmaster too understated and subtle. Although the sand-paper sparkle-sparkle iridescent quality of the dial is mesmerizing.. almost like the meteorite dust version.

I like the gold color of my new watch. I think submariner already 6+K. Might as well add a bit more to get a bit of gold. (However the stainless steel submariner date holds its resale value better, and price increase is also likely to be more, just found out, darn!) It goes well with my yellow gold stuffs. If I buy stainless steel, it will be hard to match the rest of my yellow gold chains which is why I always leave my seamaster at home when I party. Haha I like this new look, the casual bling, gold with denim and T-shirt. But people will prob think its fake haha. My secretary asked me if it is gold-plated I said no... Its gold, not gold-plated! Haha.

Initially more interested in the black and gold version of the submariner. The gold really stands out due to the better contrast. It has the Tay Ping Hui-come-punch-my-face look, very masculine. But the sales girl told me black and gold is very common. Whereas the blue color is very unique, the only such blue in Rolex. And I agree, it has the celebration feel, looks very regal, like a sapphire. But some friends say its a bit Uncle. They say I should buy it 30 years later. I tell them "classic mah". This is a Year 1983 model btw around my birthday. But sadly not much history to this model unlike the green sub LV version.

Actually very intersted in the new GMT II two tone, the gold parts are solid!!! Not hollow! Just like the new datejust steel-gold rolesor. The datejust seems more value-for-money since the gold parts are heavier, but its too gentlemanly for me. I would love to get the GMT II but it is a whooping 11.5k as can't offer much discount! 2K more than the older GMT II. Wa biang.

How did you guys feel after buying an expensive watch like a Rolex?
Initially after I paid, I felt very numb. Like suddenly kena whacked like that. Very spaced out. Then later, knowing my bank account took a big hit, I felt very hollow inside (literally my wallet became very light and my credit card imploded), felt very stressed. Now I feel a bit more relax cause lucky family didn't scold me haha. I have arrived, baby. I'm in the big boys club now. Haha. Is there a Rolex Club in Singapore? Why can I go to do the poser thing? Haha just kidding. Yes I m a wannabe
Old 04-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #1824

Hi,

Anybody knows what's the price for new Sub Date & DJ after the price adjustments??
Old 04-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #1825
Arch-Supremacy Member

seen quite a few banking guys wearing it.

ang mos....locals normally spotted with dj-s or pannys
Old 04-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #1826
Master Member

IF i dig out my account to purchase a blue half gold Submariner, I most likely will feel regretful and cannot sleep every night UNLESS I can sell it back next time and recoup at least 80-90% of the price I bought
Old 04-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #1827
Master Member

seen quite a few banking guys wearing it.

ang mos....locals normally spotted with dj-s or pannys
I notice more ppl wearing Panerais and Breitlings leh
Old 04-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #1828
Supremacy Member

hmm.. any idea how much is a oyster profesional yacht master?
anyone?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #1829
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone?
if i not wrong he men size 40mm retail where around 11k...
why dont you give AD a call and ask...
Old 05-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #1830

increase further ?

got sell 2nd hand rolex

is it reliable ?
Both my Subdate and Dweller were bought from shops in Chinatown. Ease of mind? go spend $75 to verify the watch. If there are any parts non-original, go back for money-back refund. If u're those kind who're worried about this, worried about that, I suggest u get a brand new piece from AD. If your mind is set on getting a pre-owned Rolex, do your homework first, google for model info and picts of Rolex calibres and save the pictures in a high res mobile phone, so you can do a visual check of the movement vs that shown in your phone. Make sure the dealer removes the bracelet for you to verify laser engraving of the model number and serial number as well as the movement. Wind the watch to check if the windiing gears are lubricated and if it feels worn out.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.