HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #1831

I notice more ppl wearing Panerais and Breitlings leh
If you were to hang out at city area, there's a high chance u'll find that there are a lot of executives wearing Franck, Breguet, AP and other higher end watches too. Ppl these days no longer just look at Rolex, Omega and Tag. Though I'll say ppl are wearing bigger and bigger watches, esp ladies.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:52 AM   #1832
Supremacy Member

if i not wrong he men size 40mm retail where around 11k...
why dont you give AD a call and ask...
thanks dude
Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #1833
Arch-Supremacy Member

rolex is getting more common, dont feel the exclusivity wearing it any more...look for new buy that is more character and exclusive...hee
Old 05-10-2006, 01:37 AM   #1834
Arch-Supremacy Member

I notice more ppl wearing Panerais and Breitlings leh
breitlings not so much for me, see more of pannys and IWCs esp amongst the younger ones....
Old 05-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #1835

For Breitlings, the navitimer series are the popular amongst pilots and aviation ppl, there's a market for them.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #1836
Arch-Supremacy Member

rolex is getting more common, dont feel the exclusivity wearing it any more...look for new buy that is more character and exclusive...hee
more common and dont feel the exclusivity not problem for me...what i cannot tahang is the higher and higher price tag...
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #1837
Banned

wah zans wear rolex means banker??????

then i must be workings in a bank liao.

those update passbook one
Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #1838
Master Member

you guys don't feel insecure when wearing gold rolexes outside huh?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #1839
Arch-Supremacy Member

only said saw quite a few banking guys wearing it nias...

wah u still can update pass book....

i ish only sweep the floors ones.....
no chance to touch touch bankbooks....
Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #1840
Master Member

I used DBS. Is 9.5K expensive? I asked around, I tot quite an ok price compared to the rest. Lol not an oil trader, more like an middle eastern prince's friend's newphew's dog's breeder's domestic helper. The reason why they give me a better price is because my friend also bought a platinum bezel and dial yatchmaster for his gf, and earlier he bought the same model for himself. His watch is 10.5K, gasp So the salesgirl gave me a better deal because of my friend. But frankly I find the yatchmaster too understated and subtle. Although the sand-paper sparkle-sparkle iridescent quality of the dial is mesmerizing.. almost like the meteorite dust version.

I like the gold color of my new watch. I think submariner already 6+K. Might as well add a bit more to get a bit of gold. (However the stainless steel submariner date holds its resale value better, and price increase is also likely to be more, just found out, darn!) It goes well with my yellow gold stuffs. If I buy stainless steel, it will be hard to match the rest of my yellow gold chains which is why I always leave my seamaster at home when I party. Haha I like this new look, the casual bling, gold with denim and T-shirt. But people will prob think its fake haha. My secretary asked me if it is gold-plated I said no... Its gold, not gold-plated! Haha.

Initially more interested in the black and gold version of the submariner. The gold really stands out due to the better contrast. It has the Tay Ping Hui-come-punch-my-face look, very masculine. But the sales girl told me black and gold is very common. Whereas the blue color is very unique, the only such blue in Rolex. And I agree, it has the celebration feel, looks very regal, like a sapphire. But some friends say its a bit Uncle. They say I should buy it 30 years later. I tell them "classic mah". This is a Year 1983 model btw around my birthday. But sadly not much history to this model unlike the green sub LV version.

Actually very intersted in the new GMT II two tone, the gold parts are solid!!! Not hollow! Just like the new datejust steel-gold rolesor. The datejust seems more value-for-money since the gold parts are heavier, but its too gentlemanly for me. I would love to get the GMT II but it is a whooping 11.5k as can't offer much discount! 2K more than the older GMT II. Wa biang.

How did you guys feel after buying an expensive watch like a Rolex?
Initially after I paid, I felt very numb. Like suddenly kena whacked like that. Very spaced out. Then later, knowing my bank account took a big hit, I felt very hollow inside (literally my wallet became very light and my credit card imploded), felt very stressed. Now I feel a bit more relax cause lucky family didn't scold me haha. I have arrived, baby. I'm in the big boys club now. Haha. Is there a Rolex Club in Singapore? Why can I go to do the poser thing? Haha just kidding. Yes I m a wannabe
if you want to know the price if it is reasonable then must ask BSG liao...think he bought a half gold one recently also...see if he saw my thread or not...

You sound like some loanshark ah....wear so much bling bling ah...

Initially when i had my SD, very heart pain coz i paid in full. More shiong eh...but i am appreciating my SD more and more....the more i see the better i feel....wear ur half gold one if possible then u will not be so terrible anymore...
Old 05-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #1841
Master Member

then i am those police lor.....open the door for customers....
Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #1842
Master Member

You guys got any wrist shots of your half-gold SDs? wanna see how large they measure across the diameter
Old 05-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #1843

if you want to know the price if it is reasonable then must ask BSG liao...think he bought a half gold one recently also...see if he saw my thread or not...

You sound like some loanshark ah....wear so much bling bling ah...

Initially when i had my SD, very heart pain coz i paid in full. More shiong eh...but i am appreciating my SD more and more....the more i see the better i feel....wear ur half gold one if possible then u will not be so terrible anymore...
I'm alternating that watch with my seamaster and casio gold calculator watch haha. Rolex is definitely for partying

Now that I m reading more about the history of this series of watch, I feel like I m wearing a legacy! Hehe. Next up is gonna be the steel gold Daytona!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #1844
Master Member

I'm alternating that watch with my seamaster and casio gold calculator watch haha. Rolex is definitely for partying

Now that I m reading more about the history of this series of watch, I feel like I m wearing a legacy! Hehe. Next up is gonna be the steel gold Daytona!
steady poon pe pe....
Old 06-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #1845
Banned

anyone here knows sea dweller 4000 2nd hand got sell or not ?

if got where can i buy in singapore ?

if got what price is the cheapest?

i heard the lst hand is 7.2k

is it true
?

heard people 's park centre got sell 2nd hand rolex watches
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.