LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #1861
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks!

this model is made of platinum so I guess the price should be at least 50K

I am currently based here in hk
if the price is cheaper here, then I dun go back to s'pore to buy leow
http://www.swissluxury.com/rolex-wat...-cellinium.htm

dont think so expensive lah...see the link on top..List Price: $11,800.00~$15,400.00...US dollar..max also less than SG 30K lah...

so far i see their list price quit accurate/close to retail price...but not advisable to buy online(rolex dont allow online dealing)..want buy go to AD safer...

http://www.thehourglass.com/
you want can try check with the hourglass for the prices...

Last edited by benqhoo; 09-10-2006 at 09:26 PM..
Old 09-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #1862
Master Member

http://www.swissluxury.com/rolex-wat...-cellinium.htm

dont think so expensive lah...see the link on top..List Price: $11,800.00...US dollar..less then SG20K lah...

so far i see their list price quit accurate/close to retail price...but not advisable to buy online(rolex dont allow online dealing)..want buy go to AD safer...

http://www.thehourglass.com/
you want can try check with the hourglass for the prices...
thanks very much for the link!
really appreciate it!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #1863

but this cellini is nice....chio..

Old 09-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #1864

how about this?

thinking of selling mine...

http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=autaviarg0.jpg
Old 09-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #1865
Honorary Member

anyone knows if this model is selling in s'pore?
if so, what is the approximate price?
otherwise I will buy in hk

cheepers than a HG daytonas lahs.
more sexpansives than yachtmasters.

boh liamond one rights?

[URL=http://canonfaerie.wordpress.com/]pls ish must sarpot n visit moi blog[/URL]
[URL=http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1651111]WTB used pantys[/URL]
[URL=http://usekukujiaototiobehpio.wordpress.com/]$4D lobang[/URL]
Old 09-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #1866
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Explorer I, Datejust and Air King owners, need some opinion

Personally, I like the looks of the submariner, but I need a watch to wear everyday. I figured that the sub would be a little too loud and a little heavy.

Now I am looking at either a datejust, Airking or explorer, new or preowned.

Among the 3, i like the looks of explorer best, but cannot seem to find justification for paying so much premium for an airking with different dial and needle. For Datejust, I am a bit septical of the cyclops. I have an old hand wound datejust (plastic face), scraped the watch against something, the whole cyclops become blurr. Would sapphire crystal be equally fragile? And besides, I dont like the idea of adjusting the date for month without 31st. I find nothing wrong with airking, just that I don't like to buy things bottom of the range.

Pls advise
Old 09-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #1867

Explorer! Worn by Takuya Kimura! And it has a rich history! Understated cool. Simplicity is best.

Datejust was given to Winston Churchill after WWII. And its much older than Explorer. Its a gentleman's watch.

Submariner is a sporty watch, its not really loud. Def can wear daily. Esp if u r macho looking.

Haha it really depends on ur character lah. Are you a
1. Fashionable guy like Takuya, Rain - Explorer
2. Gentleman like Bae Yong Jun - Datejust
3. Sporty like Tiger Woods, Yao Ming - Submariner
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #1868
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Explorer! Worn by Takuya Kimura! And it has a rich history! Understated cool. Simplicity is best.

Datejust was given to Winston Churchill after WWII. And its much older than Explorer. Its a gentleman's watch.

Submariner is a sporty watch, its not really loud. Def can wear daily. Esp if u r macho looking.

Haha it really depends on ur character lah. Are you a
1. Fashionable guy like Takuya, Rain - Explorer
2. Gentleman like Bae Yong Jun - Datejust
3. Sporty like Tiger Woods, Yao Ming - Submariner
My heart is with the explorer, but at the same time I can't come to terms with paying so much more for a Air King with luminous dial. (I don't really forsee it will come in too handy for me)
Old 09-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #1869
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the difference between

AirKing and Oyster Perpetual no date

Date and DateJust?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #1870

I like the Explorer too. Its a celebrity endorsed watch lor. U can tell people, "u got watch Love Generation? yes, this is THE watch." Then u can buy the crystal apple from tiffany, and after work, u can place it next to the apple, on your table and admire. U can also buy the VCD and put it next to it, then when ur friends visit, u can say "u got watch love generation..." Get the drift?

Explorer is COSC, airking is not right? So it underwent rigourous testing. 15 days of testing ok. It also has a rich history, don't u want to own a piece of history? Went up Everest leh. Airking does not have an illustrious history.

And u get higher resale value also mah.

And Explorer is more prestigious mah. Airking is entry level. If u meet fellow Rolexes, and u wear a Explorer, u get more street cred.

So u really are paying for something. Most of all, Explorer will put a bigger smile on ur face. And U can say I bought it, because I can afford it. And I love it.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #1871
Arch-Supremacy Member

My heart is with the explorer, but at the same time I can't come to terms with paying so much more for a Air King with luminous dial. (I don't really forsee it will come in too handy for me)
me same like you when i getting my Explorer I 2yrs ago...till now i got no regret...the 1+k extra is worth..
the diff is mor than the luminous dial...the hr/min hands are dff...the bracelet diff, Exp I with flip lock bracelet + SEL..Exp I is COSC...and the great marketing too...
Rolex marketed the Exp I very well..and the watch 56yrs old long histroy is something 'unreplaceable'...they cant simply launch a new brand/model to replace legends like Exp I or the Sub/Sub-Date...
Exp I and SD is the 2 Oyster pro models that only 1 style/pattern...no choice of dial/bracelet...and Rolex dont even 'bother' to cough out a special edition for the Exp I 50th Anniversary...think they know this model will 'sell'..no matter what..

if let me pick again..Explorer I, SD, Sub-date, the 'New DateJust'..these models will be in my list...
actually..the DateJust is a good choice...if you looking for a watch to accompany for many many yrs..just imaging you getting older...like 50+..60...whcih model will look nice on you...personally i don think model like Sub, SD is nice on a ah pei...saw some at kopitim before...ah pei with Sub-Date...very sporty ah pei..

Last edited by benqhoo; 09-10-2006 at 11:23 PM..
Old 09-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #1872
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

ThnX for the advise, I think I go give the explorer another good look before I decide.

Another factor would be that the datejust have alot of dials available in the market, for the explorer, got to stick to 1 look
Old 09-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #1873

i dont like the Datejust personally. So many pattern, it dilutes the character. And in S'pore, I tell u, the biggest owners of datejust are the 50 plus auntie brigade. There are many many aunties who buy steel-gold datejust when they get their half a million pension with their CSC cards eg the teachers and the nurses. They are everywhere!

When he's 50+, he can buy something uncle looking then. I say enjoy your youth, buy something your age (ie assuming pew is not an uncle hee). I regret not getting explorer, it is half the price but has twice the character compared to my steel-gold blue submariner. I'm def getting explorer coming dec when i get my bonus heehee, unless I decide to get a thick gold bracelet instead heehee. Then I will buy the crystal apple from tiffany (abt 200 bucks) and when my friends come over, I will say, "Did u watch Love Generation?" Lol
Old 09-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #1874
Arch-Supremacy Member

ThnX for the advise, I think I go give the explorer another good look before I decide.

Another factor would be that the datejust have alot of dials available in the market, for the explorer, got to stick to 1 look
ya..you better take you time pick slowly for the one you really like...follow you heart..if not getting another pic will cost yuo another few K...but one problem..price likely to go up soooon...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #1875

It has gone up in UK and US already. Price increase is just a fax away (rolex wil just fax the AD and that's it)...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.