HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #1876
Arch-Supremacy Member

i dont like the Datejust personally. So many pattern, it dilutes the character. And in S'pore, I tell u, the biggest owners of datejust are the 50 plus auntie brigade. There are many many aunties who buy steel-gold datejust when they get their half a million pension with their CSC cards eg the teachers and the nurses. They are everywhere!

When he's 50+, he can buy something uncle looking then. I say enjoy your youth, buy something your age (ie assuming pew is not an uncle hee). I regret not getting explorer, it is half the price but has twice the character compared to my steel-gold blue submariner. I'm def getting explorer coming dec when i get my bonus heehee, unless I decide to get a thick gold bracelet instead heehee. Then I will buy the crystal apple from tiffany (abt 200 bucks) and when my friends come over, I will say, "Did u watch Love Generation?" Lol
one thing for the DateJust is too common loh...but it also the most practical model..that why they are the best Seller...

anyway..i think if you get the Exp then you will miss the blue-sub lah..
if you get A then you will miss B..if buy B then will miss A...
1 Rolex is not enough...best can get the whole series...see my mood and choose the watch to wear...
i got the Exp I liao..i also very gian so many other models...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #1877

anyone knows if this model is selling in s'pore?
if so, what is the approximate price?
otherwise I will buy in hk

thats a cool a$$ looking watch!!

I would like to know how much it would cost too!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #1878
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

i dont like the Datejust personally. So many pattern, it dilutes the character. And in S'pore, I tell u, the biggest owners of datejust are the 50 plus auntie brigade. There are many many aunties who buy steel-gold datejust when they get their half a million pension with their CSC cards eg the teachers and the nurses. They are everywhere!

When he's 50+, he can buy something uncle looking then. I say enjoy your youth, buy something your age (ie assuming pew is not an uncle hee). I regret not getting explorer, it is half the price but has twice the character compared to my steel-gold blue submariner. I'm def getting explorer coming dec when i get my bonus heehee, unless I decide to get a thick gold bracelet instead heehee. Then I will buy the crystal apple from tiffany (abt 200 bucks) and when my friends come over, I will say, "Did u watch Love Generation?" Lol
For me, I find datejust ok so long as it is not two tone with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet.

Between Explorer, Air King and Datejust, My fav would be the explorer (but I am very fickle minded, and explorer leaves me with no option to change) followed by Airking (I really love it's simple clean cut design) and lastly the datejust.

How bout the oyster perprtual no date? What is the difference between this one and airking? Seems to me like paying few hundred dollars more just to have the airking word removed
Old 10-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #1879
Arch-Supremacy Member

airking..i like the price tag only...

oyster perprtual is smaller...31mm(what they call boy-size ba)...with COSC
airking is 34mm...same like oyster date..
DJ and Exp s bigger...36mm...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #1880

one thing for the DateJust is too common loh...but it also the most practical model..that why they are the best Seller...

anyway..i think if you get the Exp then you will miss the blue-sub lah..
if you get A then you will miss B..if buy B then will miss A...
1 Rolex is not enough...best can get the whole series...see my mood and choose the watch to wear...
i got the Exp I liao..i also very gian so many other models...
Haha I think that will prob happen also... but at least for Exp, it just seem more relevant in pop culture. I also feel like collecting more rolex heehee, my friend is right, and u r right, it will never stop at one
Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #1881
Arch-Supremacy Member

For me, I find datejust ok so long as it is not two tone with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet.

pict from internet..not mine...

think if TT will be nice too...
DJ got many combination lah..if pick the correct one can be very nice too...

Last edited by benqhoo; 10-10-2006 at 12:26 AM..
Old 10-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #1882
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

pict from internet..not mine...

think if TT will be nice too...
DJ got many combination lah..if pick the correct one can be very nice too...
That's what swing me towards the datejust, many combinations. I would have jumped for the explorer if I can afford 1 watch every year. But for the datejust, with just a couple of hunderds, I can afford to mix and match
Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #1883
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

airking..i like the price tag only...

oyster perprtual is smaller...31mm(what they call boy-size ba)...with COSC
airking is 34mm...same like oyster date..
DJ and Exp s bigger...36mm...
oic...so the diff between the date and datejust is only 2mm difference in terms of size
Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #1884
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's what swing me towards the datejust, many combinations. I would have jumped for the explorer if I can afford 1 watch every year. But for the datejust, with just a couple of hunderds, I can afford to mix and match

you know now got 'New' DJ liao...???
these 'New' DJ got a 'younger' look...with new dial + new bracelet SEL + Solid Center Link..

down point for Exp I is got no date loh...sometime damn sian..got to see hp for the date...or you want look at the Exp II( 40mm same size like Sub) but bigger and mroe ex...

then you said you dont like the cyclops..Rolex got date model with no cyclops only the sea-dweller...
you case abit...like i said..best buy all...1 each...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...oto=2277&rid=5
about ur sapphire crystal question you may try read the FAQ at timezone...very helpful..
Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #1885
Arch-Supremacy Member

oic...so the diff between the date and datejust is only 2mm difference in terms of size
ya...if you are not really smaller size...buy DJ better lah..that time i see airking 34mm like ok..but when put side by side with Exp I...can see the 2mm diff...
Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #1886
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

these 'New' DJ got a 'younger' look...with new dial + new bracelet SEL + Solid Center Link..

down point for Exp I is got no date loh...sometime damn sian..got to see hp for the date...or you want look at the Exp II( 40mm same size like Sub) but bigger and mroe ex...

then you said you dont like the cyclops..Rolex got date model with no cyclops only the sea-dweller...

about ur sapphire crystal question you may try read the FAQ at timezone...very helpful..
NICE!!!!!! will check it out.

Don't think second hand ones are available yet right?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #1887
Master Member

cheepers than a HG daytonas lahs.
more sexpansives than yachtmasters.

boh liamond one rights?
ya boh liamond one
rooks elegant
Old 10-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #1888
Master Member

thats a cool a$$ looking watch!!

I would like to know how much it would cost too!!
initial estimate is less than S$30K
but I haven't gone to ask for the exact price yet
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #1889
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow!!! thats pretty exp for a rolex...
Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #1890
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

The more I look at the new DJ, the more I find it sissy, and the more I find it not rolexy. Seem to have lost the character that a rolex should have. Guess I got to take a look and have a feel at the actual thing before I can comment (or rather condam n ) this watch further
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.