Status
Not open for further replies.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coltish said:
New about 4.2-4.3k..... any possible 2k++

Go chinatown look see look see lor

The other day I saw 1 10 year one, 4.9k with two tone dial and diamond, ladies size SS jubilee bracelet @ passions (their price is known to be steep)

So I think for almost 2k+ can get a 10 yr one without diamonds, oyster bracelet.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
dun think so lah......3k+ shd be possible.....

anyway seldom see 2nd hand ss date except at peng kwee......they have a huge range haha.....

frankly speaking...date is not that popular cos 34mm oni.....
Handwound, acrylic face 6694 1k+ can get already, plenty in the market.

ohlins

Reaction score
pew said:
Handwound, acrylic face 6694 1k+ can get already, plenty in the market.

6694 and 15200 are not exactly that similar......one is out of production, manual movement while the other is auto and certified chronometer....

a good condition 6694 will command around 1500 and i think a recent used ss date will be around 3k+......i'll be interested to find out if the price range is really around 2k+ for a 10 yr old watch.....that will be devastating...:p

Last edited:

coltish

Banned
Reaction score
Not popular then i llike.....too popular..so common,
Too ex, i also can't afford. Peng kwee seems quite ex...somemore no papers...

ohlins said:
dun think so lah......3k+ shd be possible.....

anyway seldom see 2nd hand ss date except at peng kwee......they have a huge range haha.....

frankly speaking...date is not that popular cos 34mm oni.....

prototype_twelve

Reaction score
can some kind souls please tell me if the Seadweller is still a good buy?

when u compare the design of the seadweller with

eg breitling

the breitling is like more modern

:s11:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
prototype_twelve said:

eg breitling

Wow, power diver spotted!
BTW which Breitling are U comparing to any pic?

boobip

Reaction score
prototype_twelve said:

eg breitling

Sea Dweller good buy? I'd say yes for now. Cos right now the demand for Dweller is soft, and a good number of our brothers managed to get good discounts at $6.7k thereabouts for it. However, if u were to compare with Breitlings, I'd say u're prob comparing apples to oranges. They're 2 different kinds of watches. For Breitlings, I'd insist on the Navitimers, for Rolex, the purist's mainstay models.... Explorer 1, S/S Submariner date, Sea Dweller, GMT Master Pepsi, S/S Daytona.

Another point to note... Breitlings come with heavily modified ETA movements... but still, they're ETA movements compared to Rolex which manufactures their own movements inhouse (although design concepts heavily borrowed from ETA kekeke)

prototype_twelve

Reaction score
boobip said:
Sea Dweller good buy? I'd say yes for now. Cos right now the demand for Dweller is soft, and a good number of our brothers managed to get good discounts at $6.7k thereabouts for it. However, if u were to compare with Breitlings, I'd say u're prob comparing apples to oranges. They're 2 different kinds of watches. For Breitlings, I'd insist on the Navitimers, for Rolex, the purist's mainstay models.... Explorer 1, S/S Submariner date, Sea Dweller, GMT Master Pepsi, S/S Daytona.

Another point to note... Breitlings come with heavily modified ETA movements... but still, they're ETA movements compared to Rolex which manufactures their own movements inhouse (although design concepts heavily borrowed from ETA kekeke)

does any kind souls have any experience on the Breitling Aeromarine Steelfish X-Plus?

paithorn

Reaction score
precisely.... coltish I am trying to sell off mine at a rather good price considering it is D series and only 1 year old....

ohlins said:
date ...not datejust....datejust 5k+ after discount.....

ohlins

Reaction score
it's difficult to have a brietling diving watch to feel comfy on the wrist as most of them r so heavy.....anyway other than the steelfish....the superocean is also a choice for a diving watch....

rolex design is classic and timeless......it wont look dated after a few years....

ohlins

Reaction score
paithorn said:
precisely.... coltish I am trying to sell off mine at a rather good price considering it is D series and only 1 year old....

haha ok lah....coltish buy from paithorn so that paithorn can buy new watch.....

boobip

Reaction score
Yeap, the Dweller sure looks smaller, size is different. However, the steelfish does not sit on the wrist comfortably for me (I've got a 7 inch wrist) and I find the case design awkard. In case you're wondering, I've considered the Steelfish before as well before I bought my subdate and then my dweller. IMHO, subdate sits more comfortably... for dweller, it will be pretty uncomfortable at first because of the thicker case and the weight distribution, but after you 'break-in' the bracelet (I think it'll take a year), it'll fit nicely....

For myself, I might be biased and as much as this is a Rolex thread, I've got my other likes... Panerai, IWC and Richard Mille.

Maybe u'd like to look at it this way... Brand new Superocean steelfish will set u back by about 3k+. Top up a coupla hundreds and u get a pre-owned Rolex Submariner (non-date though), maybe a 'Y' series.... If u realise u still like the Steelfish after u get the sub, u lose only a wee little bit on the submariner if u need to sell it to acquire the steelfish. But if u're thinking the other way around, it's definitely more difficult, cos the resale value of a steelfish is close to crap.

prototype_twelve

Reaction score
boobip said:
Yeap, the Dweller sure looks smaller, size is different. However, the steelfish does not sit on the wrist comfortably for me (I've got a 7 inch wrist) and I find the case design awkard. In case you're wondering, I've considered the Steelfish before as well before I bought my subdate and then my dweller. IMHO, subdate sits more comfortably... for dweller, it will be pretty uncomfortable at first because of the thicker case and the weight distribution, but after you 'break-in' the bracelet (I think it'll take a year), it'll fit nicely....

For myself, I might be biased and as much as this is a Rolex thread, I've got my other likes... Panerai, IWC and Richard Mille.

Maybe u'd like to look at it this way... Brand new Superocean steelfish will set u back by about 3k+. Top up a coupla hundreds and u get a pre-owned Rolex Submariner (non-date though), maybe a 'Y' series.... If u realise u still like the Steelfish after u get the sub, u lose only a wee little bit on the submariner if u need to sell it to acquire the steelfish. But if u're thinking the other way around, it's definitely more difficult, cos the resale value of a steelfish is close to crap.

hello boobip kor kor

thanks for the info

I like the seadweller

can any kind souls recommend a 'reputable' shop in SG that sells seadwellers?

does rolex watches comes with international warranty?

boobip

Reaction score
You're welcome...All the AD's in singapore are reputable... just make sure u get from an AD if you're not familiar with Rolex watches. They come with international warranty, so no worries. Read from the last 15 pages of this thread and u'll know which are the AD's in singapore.

Last edited:

coltish

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone knows which are the AD in hong kong? Is Dickson one of the AD??

Last edited:

paithorn

Reaction score
actually is there such model called Rolex Date? I only know there is DateJust and Day-Date.......

boobip

Reaction score
Yes there is... Rolex Perpetual Date comes in a 34mm case. It's bigger sibling the Datejust is 36mm.

boobip

Reaction score
To all Rolex Butties....here's an early Happy New Year to everyone! May new Rolies end up on our wrists this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.