Sub w/o date now how much huh?
1st hand and 2nd hand?
mostly is 17%??

REgards.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #2072
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

junior can answer oso rite.....

a watch is to be worn.....and to wear will definitely get scratches.....so i suggest you to bear with it.....even if u were to polish it now, you will get a few scratches in no time......

the only way not to have scratches is not to wear.......

on the other hand, you can also purchase cape cod polishing cloth from home-fix...about 8 dollars to do simple polishing....it can get rid of minor swirls ....must be careful though, if not u end up with more scratches.....bigger scratches better leave it till the 5 yr service...

when it comes to service, i rather go back to rolex singapore......trained technician with factory parts support......1 yr international warranty also....

i read somewhere that cape cod polishing cloth will polish SS until morror shine, so if got brushed finish better not use unless u want to convert brushed surface until mirror shine
Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #2073

very simple.....just use tape to mask off those areas u dun wanna polish.......for brushed surfaces can use a sandpaper sponge or scrotch brite pad
Old 04-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #2074

Hi bro pew and ohlins,

Thanks for yr prompt reply! noted with thanks, guess will have to live with the scratches till the day of a complete servicing for my watch....

Btw can anyone recommend a trustworthy rolex service technician in Singapore?....
Rolex centre quite exp ard $300 plus for a complete overhaul and refubishing of case and bracelet....so i was thinking of getting it serviced outside..i was quoted ard $150/- by a pre-owned dealer in chinatown...

Anyone have better lobang for reasonable quality and fair pricing for servicing of rolex watches?

Regards

Lim
Old 04-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #2075

Hi bro pew and ohlins,

Thanks for yr prompt reply! noted with thanks, guess will have to live with the scratches till the day of a complete servicing for my watch....

Btw can anyone recommend a trustworthy rolex service technician in Singapore?....
Rolex centre quite exp ard $300 plus for a complete overhaul and refubishing of case and bracelet....so i was thinking of getting it serviced outside..i was quoted ard $150/- by a pre-owned dealer in chinatown...

Anyone have better lobang for reasonable quality and fair pricing for servicing of rolex watches?

Regards

Lim
For scratches on the glass you can go to Rolex Center (At Orchard) and say that there are a few scratches and ask the service stuff nicely if she could ask the technician to buff the glass for you. Usually they will do it FOC if you really ask them nicely. that is what I did.

I keep saying nicely because the Uncle behind me storm into the Center and started question the lady and asking how come it's not scratch proof! I can see the lady face change but still explain the Uncle why it's not scratch proof BUT told him will charge for buffing. LOL!

I would suggest you go back to an official or authorized Rolex service center for servicing your watch. Otherwise you can you could end up like what Killtime has said.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #2076

if its sapphire glass......i am not too sure if it can be polished......the material is so hard....

for acrylic.....u can use polywatch, car polish or plain toothpaste.....it works...
Old 07-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #2077
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice closeup shot of the Rolex Explorer II

http://static.flickr.com/100/306097278_97abc42315_o.jpg

ripped from http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=10448 with permission
Old 07-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #2078
Banned

if its sapphire glass......i am not too sure if it can be polished......the material is so hard....

for acrylic.....u can use polywatch, car polish or plain toothpaste.....it works...
Sapphire glass.... you can't use those on the shelves stuff to polish....
Old 07-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #2079
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sapphire glass.... you can't use those on the shelves stuff to polish....
I don't think it can be polished at all, it's the next hardest thing to diamond
Old 09-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #2080

Hello all,

Anyone knows the price for a brand new Explorer 1? My bro jus visited a pre-owned shop and he was quoted ard $5000 for a 'F' series 114720.

Though i do not knw the exact price of a brand new ones, i got a feeling that the price he quoted- $5000 was quite close to a brand new piece....i mean too exp liao for a second hand explorer 1....

Any comments or anyone jus got one from AD or any pre-owned store can advise/ air their comments?

Thanks to all and have a great weekend!

Regards
Press
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #2081

Hello all,

Anyone knows the price for a brand new Explorer 1? My bro jus visited a pre-owned shop and he was quoted ard $5000 for a 'F' series 114720.

Though i do not knw the exact price of a brand new ones, i got a feeling that the price he quoted- $5000 was quite close to a brand new piece....i mean too exp liao for a second hand explorer 1....

Any comments or anyone jus got one from AD or any pre-owned store can advise/ air their comments?

Regards
Press
New one will cost ard $5.4~5.5k but no stocks. I think the shop got another 'Y' series piece at $4.2k.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #2082
Supremacy Member

i know major shops like Dickson and Cortina selling Submarine with date for $7444 NETT.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #2083

Hello all,

Regards
Press
Quite a Rip Off. Can get a Y or F series at about 3.8k - $4.2k quite easily, unless the exp1 wave is hitting the watch market.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #2084
Supremacy Member

that was pretty expensive 7.5K wor..
without date can be much cheaper?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #2085

that was pretty expensive 7.5K wor..
without date can be much cheaper?
haha much much cheaper......is around mid 5k......much much cheaper......demand for 14060m in singapore is very low.....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.