HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2006, 12:42 AM   #2116
Banned

I actually do like my seamaster a lot. Some sentimental value lah, I bought it when I got promoted after my first year of work. I like the slick blue wavy face; the red second hand, the cute sea monster at the back, the little round diving screw on the left that i will never use...
Just that its quartz. Didn't know much abt watches then, so i bought the quartz. A bit regret.
But I do wear it a lot. Its like more expensive than my seiko and my swatches, but cheaper than my blue sub, but not so ex that i have to be careful, so i wear it like 3x per week.
Anyway I let it go for 1K to my friend after 15 months of going thru all kinds of sh-eet with me. I'll miss the little blue guy. But at least he'll get to see the world since my friend flies a plane. Now there's a vacant spot in my heart.
acherly quite hengs got peepurs take frm u 1k.

moi rather take moi 1k throw away than buy a 1k quartz watch
Old 21-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #2117

I actually do like my seamaster a lot. Some sentimental value lah, I bought it when I got promoted after my first year of work. I like the slick blue wavy face; the red second hand, the cute sea monster at the back, the little round diving screw on the left that i will never use...
Just that its quartz. Didn't know much abt watches then, so i bought the quartz. A bit regret.
But I do wear it a lot. Its like more expensive than my seiko and my swatches, but cheaper than my blue sub, but not so ex that i have to be careful, so i wear it like 3x per week.
Anyway I let it go for 1K to my friend after 15 months of going thru all kinds of sh-eet with me. I'll miss the little blue guy. But at least he'll get to see the world since my friend flies a plane. Now there's a vacant spot in my heart.
that value is something money cannot buy.....and its definitely ur choice whether to keep or let it go....snap a few more pics b4 passing it to ur fren.....for memories sake....
Old 21-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #2118

Why not keep it, can pass on to yr kids. The seamaster series will definitely go on for the next decade.
Old 21-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #2119
Arch-Supremacy Member

By the way, anyone in here know any places where they sell individual watch boxes? Just those simple box with a cushion in it, "brandless"...
OR
Places/shops which you get buy cushions/pillows for watches?
Asking...

Thanks in advance.

check it out at taka, there are a couple of brands there, one is from australia called mitch and somthing one..
Old 21-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #2120

quartz watches so worthless?
something must be very wrong with people paying thousands for Rolex Cellini Quartz.
Old 21-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #2121
Banned

hi... anyone heard of JW watch shop? any comment on them??
Old 21-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #2122

JW is reliable. Boss is friendly, will not refuse watches for consignment if he cannot meet your target selling price (but dun go and try to sell him swatch lah). His Breitling prices are among the best in singapore.
Old 22-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #2123
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why not keep it, can pass on to yr kids. The seamaster series will definitely go on for the next decade.
just remember to take out the battery if not wearing for a period of time. I had a longines quartz, battery leak and screwed up the ic
Old 22-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #2124
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=hpperzz]quartz watches so worthless?
something must be very wrong with people paying thousands for Rolex Cellini Quartz.[/QUOT

IMO it makes more sense to go quatrz if getting dress watch which you dont wear everyday.

Say you wear a certain watch only once or twice per week, doesnt make sense to wind the watch everytime you want to wear
Old 22-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #2125
Supremacy Member

maybe in 2 years or wat, willl get my submariner.
Old 22-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #2126

can some kind souls plese tell me how much is a brand new sea dweller?

Old 22-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #2127

can some kind souls plese tell me how much is a brand new sea dweller?

list price 7711.....try to bargain....10% shd be common.....15% not impossible......20% if u very good negotiator...... good luck
Old 23-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #2128

This season, DBS black card got 10% rebate! Absorbed by the bank! At Ngee Ann city only.
Try and negotiate in Hour Glass at Ngee Ann City when the promotion is on (prob will have one again these few days) and u can get 15% plus 10% rebate! (but max is $500 rebate, and will be credited in mar 07)
Old 23-12-2006, 05:28 AM   #2129
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

list price 7711.....try to bargain....10% shd be common.....15% not impossible......20% if u very good negotiator...... good luck
20% off a rolex unless u are very good, i think 10% should be pretty standard, for DJ, 15%
Old 23-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #2130

20% off a rolex unless u are very good, i think 10% should be pretty standard, for DJ, 15%
ok lah when i brought my fren to buy a 116200......we manage to get 20%.......
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.