HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #2641

at the end of the day, is there any price increase in Rolexes selling in Sg authorised dealers?

Sub with date still 7.4K now?
thats the price given to me by Dickson at centrepoint
but i not very sure if can bargain further.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #2642

thats the price given to me by Dickson at centrepoint
but i not very sure if can bargain further.

that means no price adj as yet loh...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #2643

that means no price adj as yet loh...
wats the best quote u got after discount?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #2644

wats the best quote u got after discount?

one month back....ZERO discount...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #2645
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

2 tone actually means half gold......
But to most second hand dealers, TT means two tone dial. half gold is half gold. I kennah before
Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #2646

But to most second hand dealers, TT means two tone dial. half gold is half gold. I kennah before
Two tone dial? Any pics?? I thought two tone refers to half gold and half ss...isn't it?? so the 16613 series is considered TT? yes? no??
Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #2647

haha....dealers r seldom the most honest ppl around......

best is to deal with model numbers......

cos 14060 is diff from 14060M........right?

in most forums....tt = two tone = half gold.....
Old 08-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #2648
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Two tone dial? Any pics?? I thought two tone refers to half gold and half ss...isn't it?? so the 16613 series is considered TT? yes? no??
TT means half gold. But u talk to those ah beng dealers, TT means two tone dial (Sunburst kind of colour)
Old 08-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #2649

TT means half gold. But u talk to those ah beng dealers, TT means two tone dial (Sunburst kind of colour)
haha learnt something new today.....never heard of tt dial before......what a load of crap these ppl can come up with....

other crap things include computer dial.......proper name is jubilee dial....what computer dial.....dial got computer meh...?? and more like rolex king, rolex star........
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #2650

oh i see.... hmnn so there's no such thing as tt dial.....hmnn okie thanks....
Old 09-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #2651
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

haha learnt something new today.....never heard of tt dial before......what a load of crap these ppl can come up with....

other crap things include computer dial.......proper name is jubilee dial....what computer dial.....dial got computer meh...?? and more like rolex king, rolex star........
They always say computer face
Old 11-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #2652

Yes it does. There's a 2 tone with black face subdate and one that is blue faced. The shop at Balestier is called WatchArena. Parallel imports, so they are generally cheaper. Go there take a walk if u have time, I'm sure u'll be tempted.
Hmm.... For me, I'd gladly purchase from parallel importers if I know any of them personally. I got to know the boss of Watch Arena indirectly from a friend's friend blah blah blah... though I do not get better prices, at least I get assurrance from him that I'm buying a brand new piece from hk, japan or whatever country he gets his stock from. Warranty is sometimes better than local ADs.... they're generally blank, and u can fill in your name, address and make it yours. of course, if u're wearing a 'Y' series Sub, it's pretty unlikely that the warranty will be acknowledged if your warranty card is dated today in 2007.

Put it this way... if u're afraid of buying a fake or unreliable piece from them, they're more than ten times afraid that they will be sued (maybe by Rolex?) if they sell u fakes. They've got more to lose definitely.

Pricewise, they're definitely cheaper than elsewhere. So take your time to make a choice between Parallel imports, Pre-owned or ADs.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #2653

Hmm.... For me, I'd gladly purchase from parallel importers if I know any of them personally. I got to know the boss of Watch Arena indirectly from a friend's friend blah blah blah... though I do not get better prices, at least I get assurrance from him that I'm buying a brand new piece from hk, japan or whatever country he gets his stock from. Warranty is sometimes better than local ADs.... they're generally blank, and u can fill in your name, address and make it yours. of course, if u're wearing a 'Y' series Sub, it's pretty unlikely that the warranty will be acknowledged if your warranty card is dated today in 2007.

Put it this way... if u're afraid of buying a fake or unreliable piece from them, they're more than ten times afraid that they will be sued (maybe by Rolex?) if they sell u fakes. They've got more to lose definitely.

Pricewise, they're definitely cheaper than elsewhere. So take your time to make a choice between Parallel imports, Pre-owned or ADs.
Yup, agree with boobip.... guess if you prefer to get a 'good' deal, guess parallel imports or pre-owned dealers is worth the visit. If you want a brand new piece and don't mind paying higher price, it's AD way. Just my 2 cents worth....
Old 11-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #2654

how can parallel import warranty be better than from ADs.....no logic at all

at best it's the same.......2 yrs intl warranty....

dun understand by what is "better"?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #2655
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

how can parallel import warranty be better than from ADs.....no logic at all

at best it's the same.......2 yrs intl warranty....

dun understand by what is "better"?
My Parallel import 'Japan' Explorer II papers come couriered to me in a nice nice green rolex envelope, my name was nicely printed on the paper
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.