HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree953Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #316
Banned

ok.. cause i read from timezone they got a socalled "service booklet" dun know wat also... so u wear to work?? free must come out for kopi..
wear lor.....hehe
Old 20-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #317
Arch-Supremacy Member

check your booklet, it states something like 18months
that one more for water resistance/water pressure check...
don’t expect a brand new watch and an old watch to have the same level of water resistance…
normal hand washing can lah…try diving...later the watch…

the 5yrs serving is washing, oily and replacing of parts...like O-ring…
actually got a mech watch is like having a car...needed to go for serving…
Old 20-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #318

i also got my oyster booklet laio... now full set... the service booklet i think its jus a piece of paper together with the warranty cert... that all...

now next target... sub date then dweller... i wan to get the FULL diver series from rolex!

but that will be quite far away laio unless hit 4D hahaha... if tonite 4D hit... i straight buy another sub date!
Old 20-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #319
Banned

i also got my oyster booklet laio... now full set... the service booklet i think its jus a piece of paper together with the warranty cert... that all...

now next target... sub date then dweller... i wan to get the FULL diver series from rolex!

but that will be quite far away laio unless hit 4D hahaha... if tonite 4D hit... i straight buy another sub date!
if strike 4d, get dweller lar...
Old 20-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #320
Banned

that one more for water resistance/water pressure check...
don’t expect a brand new watch and an old watch to have the same level of water resistance…
normal hand washing can lah…try diving...later the watch…

the 5yrs serving is washing, oily and replacing of parts...like O-ring…
actually got a mech watch is like having a car...needed to go for serving…
actually they wrote it can do 400m....
i think since it's made for 300, i believe washing hand is no prob lar
Old 20-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #321
Supremacy Member

still haven't buy .....

Old 21-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #322

Went with my friends to Peninsular today to look at the used Rolexes...guess what? Saw a GMT II with red/blue bezel at the display window of Peng Kwee. Asked the lady how old and how much is the Red/Blue GMT II. She replied that it's less than a year old... and asking for 5.9k, telling me that it's such a steal. When I heard that, I told her of the price Dickson quoted for a brand new piece and walked off. Damn... even a used Rolex costs higher than a brand new one... No wonder... Peng Kwee in hokkien translates to 'rather expensive' in English...

Then I went to hourglass at peninsular too... the prices there are too high, $7.1k for all black GMT II my gaawd... so I thought I wasted the entire afternoon. However, upon hearing that I'm looking for a Rolex, one of my other friend offered to sell me his... 3 year old all black GMT II with oyster bracelet for $4.3k complete with box and papers. he just sent it for polishing, so he says it's scratchless and in brand new condition, 3 months personal warranty given. So any thoughts on this 3 year old? best price for a firsthand all black GMT II with the same specs is 6.5-6.6k. I'm very tempted to go for this piece primarily because of it's price.

Last edited by boobip; 21-03-2005 at 01:52 AM..
Old 21-03-2005, 02:32 AM   #323
Arch-Supremacy Member

However, upon hearing that I'm looking for a Rolex, one of my other friend offered to sell me his... 3 year old all black GMT II with oyster bracelet for $4.3k complete with box and papers. he just sent it for polishing, so he says it's scratchless and in brand new condition, 3 months personal warranty given. So any thoughts on this 3 year old? best price for a firsthand all black GMT II with the same specs is 6.5-6.6k. I'm very tempted to go for this piece primarily because of it's price.
polishing will affect the resale value...some people don’t prefer the watch kana polish…because polishing will affect the thickness and shape of the bracelet/casing. Must depend the polishing skill…
if keep sending for polishing later the watch become smaller and smaller…
3 months personal warranty from him…ask him sell cheaper $200 then use the money send the watch to Rolex for serving...Rolex give you 1yr warranty after serving…

Last edited by benqhoo; 21-03-2005 at 03:08 AM..
Old 21-03-2005, 05:41 AM   #324
High Supremacy Member

Went with my friends to Peninsular today to look at the used Rolexes...guess what? Saw a GMT II with red/blue bezel at the display window of Peng Kwee. Asked the lady how old and how much is the Red/Blue GMT II. She replied that it's less than a year old... and asking for 5.9k, telling me that it's such a steal. When I heard that, I told her of the price Dickson quoted for a brand new piece and walked off. Damn... even a used Rolex costs higher than a brand new one... No wonder... Peng Kwee in hokkien translates to 'rather expensive' in English...

Then I went to hourglass at peninsular too... the prices there are too high, $7.1k for all black GMT II my gaawd... so I thought I wasted the entire afternoon. However, upon hearing that I'm looking for a Rolex, one of my other friend offered to sell me his... 3 year old all black GMT II with oyster bracelet for $4.3k complete with box and papers. he just sent it for polishing, so he says it's scratchless and in brand new condition, 3 months personal warranty given. So any thoughts on this 3 year old? best price for a firsthand all black GMT II with the same specs is 6.5-6.6k. I'm very tempted to go for this piece primarily because of it's price.

check the year of make... see the words dial below is SWISS MADE or not.. U will get the case with lug holes..latest series no lug hole.. if u dun mind yr other friend know that u got a preown one then is ok.. if can 4K very good price...
Old 21-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #325

Well yes, read from quite a number of places that collectors do not like their rolies being re-conditioned. I think I can still ask for further friendship pricing on that. Will probably seal the deal at $4k flat. Just curious, about the 1 year warranty given by Rolex after sending in for servicing, does it cover the mechanics of the watch? Hmm.. actually even if it's not the latest series I wouldn't mind. $4k compared to $6.6k I think it's pretty good a deal. Further, if it's been already polished, it should look and feel brand new... so as long as I'm happy with the watch, I dun think I'll give a damn about what others think of me owning a used watch. Furthermore, I think I'll upgrade it to something betta 2-3 years down the road.... most likely a yachtmaster or sub blue face.
Old 21-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #326
Banned

Well yes, read from quite a number of places that collectors do not like their rolies being re-conditioned. I think I can still ask for further friendship pricing on that. Will probably seal the deal at $4k flat. Just curious, about the 1 year warranty given by Rolex after sending in for servicing, does it cover the mechanics of the watch? Hmm.. actually even if it's not the latest series I wouldn't mind. $4k compared to $6.6k I think it's pretty good a deal. Further, if it's been already polished, it should look and feel brand new... so as long as I'm happy with the watch, I dun think I'll give a damn about what others think of me owning a used watch. Furthermore, I think I'll upgrade it to something betta 2-3 years down the road.... most likely a yachtmaster or sub blue face.
yeah, you're the one that is paying, as long as you feel happy can already.
Old 21-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #327
Arch-Supremacy Member

how come GMT2 the black/black, black/red, blue/red(pepsi) their prices different so great...???
their different is only the bezel color rite...???
Old 21-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #328
Banned

how come GMT2 the black/black, black/red, blue/red(pepsi) their prices different so great...???
their different is only the bezel color rite...???
it's due to demand and supply..u gotta believe it rofl
Old 21-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #329
Greater Supremacy Member

ijijts??????????

[URL=http://canonfaerie.wordpress.com/]pls ish must sarpot n visit moi blog[/URL]
[URL=http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1651111]WTB used pantys[/URL]
[URL=http://usekukujiaototiobehpio.wordpress.com/]$4D lobang[/URL]
Old 21-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #330
High Supremacy Member

Thats good.. as long as u buy something u loves.. no problem.. maybe we can have a mini rolex meet up together have kopi
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.