HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #3706
Great Supremacy Member

Dunn go and anyhow change the parts. Become rojak watch no value at all. U wan better polish the acrylic glass.

Hey guys, I own a old rolex passed down from my dad, got quite a bit of scratches on the glass. Recently went online to find, it seems that for my model, it uses acrylic crystal. On ebay, I am able to find sapphire crystal but to replace it, anyone know where to go? And also a rough price? Thanks in advance.
Old 14-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #3707
High Supremacy Member

Anyone can share what model is this?

Is it valuble?

Old 14-01-2013, 01:09 AM   #3708
Banned

Jwwatch have alot of experience.

Noob always makes mistakes. Experts don't. At jwwatch, the watchmakers are experts, not noobs

Plus 10 points if they are passionate about their work too.

Last edited by KohChris; 14-01-2013 at 01:21 AM..
Old 14-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #3709
Banned

you can send to top hour too but i am not familiar with the quality of svc..

For jwwatch, the boss knows im a fussy guy so he will take particular care to baby my watches when its inside

For svc centers and boutiques, i can't be sure about the person who handles the end timepiece..

But i can tell you that from my experience, service ctr will not take extra care of your watches when its inside.

Your watch is like any other watch to them LOL

They got probably 5-8 technicians inside, and one will be assigned to your watch.
As for servicing the watch, have to see if you are heng or suay.

They won't do diagnostics as well. You have to tell them the problem.

Their watch service policy is aligned towards company's objective$, and not your objectives.

Btw, i have sent my older omega for bracelet link extension in their RWS boutique. My springbar got BENT when it came back.

Svc center is more expensive than jwwatch, for servicing

Its like going to family gp vs polyclinic gp

Unless its something jwwatch cannot do, then i will go to authorised service ctr

second that of what kohchris said. i got mine rolex fully serviced at JW. their service is top notch. but got to wait quite a bit of time to get back cos i think they have many orders to fulfill. last time i waited 4 mths...

but if u just want to change strap, then shd be ok.
Haha thanks...

Last edited by KohChris; 14-01-2013 at 01:23 AM..
Old 14-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #3710
Supremacy Member

Anyone can share what model is this?

Is it valuble?

rolex submariner 16613.

very old model liao...

maybe can get at about $7k (or below) used.
[Official] EDMW Bikers C2/2A/2B club - #12
Old 14-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #3711
Master Member

Dunn go and anyhow change the parts. Become rojak watch no value at all. U wan better polish the acrylic glass.
Ya, I did consider that but its more of a family heirloom watch.
Old 14-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #3712
Banned

you know the comparison of sapphire crystal properties vs acrylic crystal?
Old 14-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #3713
High Supremacy Member

you can send to top hour too but i am not familiar with the quality of svc..

For jwwatch, the boss knows im a fussy guy so he will take particular care to baby my watches when its inside

For svc centers and boutiques, i can't be sure about the person who handles the end timepiece..

But i can tell you that from my experience, service ctr will not take extra care of your watches when its inside.

Your watch is like any other watch to them LOL

They got probably 5-8 technicians inside, and one will be assigned to your watch.
As for servicing the watch, have to see if you are heng or suay.

They won't do diagnostics as well. You have to tell them the problem.

Their watch service policy is aligned towards company's objective$, and not your objectives.

Btw, i have sent my older omega for bracelet link extension in their RWS boutique. My springbar got BENT when it came back.

Svc center is more expensive than jwwatch, for servicing

Its like going to family gp vs polyclinic gp

Unless its something jwwatch cannot do, then i will go to authorised service ctr

Haha thanks...
tophour is not bad too i got my tudor serviced there. BUT, BUT, BUT, a BIG BUT, the boss always cannot deliver on the date he proclaimed. his shop is severely understaff, i think he is the only one doing it, therefore always delay de. i ever see a lady walk in ask him change strap what time can collect, he say 4pm end up the lady walk in at 4pm he have not even started on her job. the lady was so pissed that she argue with the boss.
Old 14-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #3714
Banned

I think I need to service my watch. Where to go? Go for official one? Est pricing?
Old 14-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #3715
Supremacy Member

tophour is not bad too i got my tudor serviced there. BUT, BUT, BUT, a BIG BUT, the boss always cannot deliver on the date he proclaimed. his shop is severely understaff, i think he is the only one doing it, therefore always delay de. i ever see a lady walk in ask him change strap what time can collect, he say 4pm end up the lady walk in at 4pm he have not even started on her job. the lady was so pissed that she argue with the boss.
+1 for tophour, got my Cartier services there. Straightforward transaction with no cockups
Old 14-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #3716

i serviced my omega at chuan watch, they did a great job too.
Old 14-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #3717
Banned

i serviced my omega at chuan watch, they did a great job too.
how much is it? is it "safe" ?
Old 14-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #3718
Great Supremacy Member

Hey guys, I own a old rolex passed down from my dad, got quite a bit of scratches on the glass. Recently went online to find, it seems that for my model, it uses acrylic crystal. On ebay, I am able to find sapphire crystal but to replace it, anyone know where to go? And also a rough price? Thanks in advance.
I think I need to service my watch. Where to go? Go for official one? Est pricing?
Rolex Centre ish de bestest place for your precious watch.
moi serviced mine there and it came back like brand new even though my watch is 25 yrs old.
Old 14-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #3719

how much is it? is it "safe" ?
$280 for servicing and polishing with 1 yr guarantee. Yeah, they are quite reputable too.
Old 14-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #3720

Just to chip in that I was in the same situation as you a few years back, it was a datejust from my grand dad as well. I went with JW, and although it took awhile, the service is good, and slightly cheaper than Rolex Centre. Only thing is their opening hours can be a bit troublesome for working people.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.