Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
caught a recent bug of 16710...now pondering between the Pepsi vs Coke...

Like for like (eg year, full set), Pepsi appears to be on slightly more pricey.

Anyone of you had such dilemma in the past, and what was your final conclusion?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 read this?

https://blog.toolwatch.io/watch-tips/rolex-warranty-policy-updated/

A lot changes in the Rolex warranty policy

A few months ago, Rolex came with some great news. The Rolex warranty policy for all new watches and including watches bought in the last two years would have a total warranty of 5 years starting from the purchase date. And as if this wasn’t an exciting announcement already, Rolex announced a new standard for accuracy tolerance : all their watches should run between -2 and +2 seconds per day (while still being COSC certified)! For us watch enthusiasts and accuracy freaks this was both an extraordinary news and a shock. This was also interesting to witness while considering the competition Rolex versus Omega.

Now, we have been confirmed by Rolex headquarters that the Rolex warranty policy has been updated and the big news is that Rolex warranties are now totally untransferable. You are probably now wondering what are the impact of this announcement. Here’s the thing : when you buy a watch from an authorized dealer, you also get a little green card with your information and the Authorized Dealer’s stamp. This warranty card is just not transferable anymore since the Rolex warranty policy update.

As a consequence, when you buy a Rolex from the grey market, you do not have any more a warranty coming with your watch. Even if you have that Rolex warranty green card, even if this card wasn’t filled out and that you can enter your name. But that’s not it yet, if you buy a Rolex preowned, the warranty is void as well and even if it is still theoretically under warranty as you weren’t the original owner in the first place.
Rolex knows everything!

Rolex checks it this way : when you buy a Rolex watch at an AD, they photocopy the filled in green warranty card and send it to Rolex. Whenever a watch is sent under warranty, Rolex checks for that photocopy and it has to match your name. If they don’t have your card in their records and you can’t provide the original bill of sale from the AD, then you bill charged for a service (see here our ultimate watch servicing guide). As a matter of fact, Rolex warranties are now totally untransferable and Rolex is willing to check.

This doesn’t concern Tudor yet, but we do not see any reason why this shouldn’t be the case in the near future. This is a way for Rolex to control gray market sales and their overall distribution, and even if this hurts many genuine Rolex customers, how can they be blamed for that? Our recommandation would be for you to carefully consider where you purchase your Rolex watch knowing the consequences it might have on your warranty. Find out now if your Rolex should be serviced by measuring the accuracy of your watch!

See you soon for a next article to share our love for mechanical watches !

is this officially enforced by RSC?

staedtler_07

Master Member
Reaction score
Not really, I I just bought batman today. They didn't took our IC / details. But they did say that Rolex will be enforcing soon to cut down the grey dealer

Care to share how much you got it for? Enquired at Raffles Hotel and they are selling at $13,000.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
caught a recent bug of 16710...now pondering between the Pepsi vs Coke...

Like for like (eg year, full set), Pepsi appears to be on slightly more pricey.

Anyone of you had such dilemma in the past, and what was your final conclusion?

clyp1973

Reaction score
Was at a local AD, everyone who came in during my 3 hours there ask for 116500... In the end, I succumb too... Lol

irelkZ

Reaction score
Hi all expert here.

Care to share what is the latest price for Sub with date at local AD?

As i am not in Singapore now so hope to get another one to replace.

Seems cant find anything in the website.

Can enlightne if anyone recently vistis the local AD like THG etc...

Thanks

kaixin18

Reaction score
dont have stock. if have about 8800

I must have read over 150 pages of this thread. Will like to go to your shop when my finances are okay :)

asd87AXl.jpg

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

I just asked my grey dealer, he say will service for me at his own expense.

Just bought a preowned datejust for $3k+ $120 for appraisal

Luv it

4559803787_6582a1aecb_b.jpg

Hope someone can advise me. first of all, I'm not into watches with the submariner look.

for pre-owned watches, besides 6694 and 1601 what other models should I look at? possible to provide rough pricing?

for brand new watches, I'm looking at those with date display and +/- below $5000. can you give me some recommendations?

Hi guys, I'm starting to appreciate vintage rolex more and more. Just got myself a simple Datejust 1601. Did a little search online and found that we can actually buy parts and swap them out such as vintage patina dials, inserts, crystals etc.

I'm wondering since everything can be sourced and swapped out, wouldn't it then make the watch seem 'un-original'? My initial understanding of a true vintage piece is a watch that was made decades ago and stayed 100% unchanged in terms of parts wise, and that's why it commands the high price.
However it seems like the only thing tagged along to the paperwork is the watch case (serial numbers etched on it).

Reason I'm asking is because I plan to purchase more vintage pieces but they're not exactly cheap especially when retailers advertise them as being from the Year 194x or 195x etc. How would I know for sure its from that age since only the case seems to be the one with serials to trace back to?

I also like some of the vintage rolex watches. please do tell us more about your experiences. thanks.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tried small cities in italy?

Dublin has the best range. I believe eastern eu cities too.

London very unlikely. My own source told me peak season just over not restocked yet.

Then I came across the leftie Tudor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.