Like Tree954Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #496
Great Supremacy Member

go with yr feeling... GMT price also very attractive. sub also gd
Old 26-03-2005, 12:06 AM   #497
Banned

Orh... i have already read all of them. My question was was after you bought the watch, what was your feelings, comments...because there is usually a different before and after buying something.

Could you PM me the name of the salesperson at Dickson? Me going down on monday cos my town office is near there. Who knows, hand itchy might just get the last piece!

Haha!
normally ppl satisfied with the purchase keep their mouth shut =)
Old 26-03-2005, 01:14 AM   #498
Great Supremacy Member

Ok I got it. I was just suprised at the hype before and after purchase, after reading all your posts...doesn't seem to balance. I think i shall be experiencing this phenomenen soon.

Thanks for the feedback.
why not balance?? Best is that u can feel and try the mentioned models... maybe u like datejust more.. or it suit yr hand more...
Old 26-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #499

true... jus go down and try them out... cos no individual is alike... maybe now u find the sub nice... but maybe down at the shop u try the explorer u suddenly ganna attach to it... its all down to feeling...

still love explorer 1 but the size jus a bit too small on my wrist... but i think its only a matter of time before i going to get it...

next target in line will be the sub date! dunno if i can do a trade in with my omega seamaster... then fork out some more cash later... hmm not some more... its many many more hahaha
Old 26-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #500
Great Supremacy Member

faste go down and see b4 price goes up..
Old 26-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #501
Great Supremacy Member

the new Rolex GMT!!!!

Old 26-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #502
Great Supremacy Member

bro khimwoon & snip3r... got search for this in yr new sub?? kinda chio

Old 26-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #503
Great Supremacy Member

my next target........................

Old 26-03-2005, 12:26 PM   #504
Arch-Supremacy Member

See your preference mah... if like then buy within your budget. Life is very short, do save up for some emergencies and the rest to enjoy. Nobody know what is going to happen tomorrow.

Me thinking hard now... 1st hand or second-hand, sub with or without date....
any plan to sell it next time...???
if no then better go for a new one...
Old 26-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #505
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wa bro...u very the fast leh. Now aiming for "GOLD" one ah!

BTW, had an offer from a dealer. $3600 for a Sub w/o date 14060 model. (previous model without M one). Good buy?

Going down later to take a look.

Need your help here. What should I look out for?
14060 using the older caliber 3000...then might be be old dial with the Swiss-T depending how old the watch...

$3600...the Rolex pre-owned price really..

Last edited by benqhoo; 26-03-2005 at 12:33 PM..
Old 26-03-2005, 12:39 PM   #506
Arch-Supremacy Member

Planning to use it daily, so if buy 2nd hand one scratch liao not so "xim tiah". Anyway, u think 3.6 for 14060 a good buy?
if can save 50% then i will go...
if buy from shop...shop sure got earn 1 hand(mark up for earn profit) mah...
maybe can guess how much they 'eat' the watch...
Old 26-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #507
Arch-Supremacy Member

I guess it must be the Old Dial with T<25 type cos 14060 is pre-1999 model. Any problem with that? Does it mean that the luminous part will easily turn yellow like omega watches after 7-8 years of use?

$3.6 opening price la, think i can get at 3.5 best. My personal opinion is a good buy since 2nd-hand sub w/o date is hovering at this price. Later see what's the condition 1st. If ok i buy liao bring to rolex ctr (duno where is it) to service...heehee
think caliber 3000 use until 2001 ba...so there might be transit model loh...mean old movement with new dial...not very sure about 10460 but i know Explorer got such thing as new movement with old dial when they upgrade the movement....
those old dial using Tritium...think Tritium got a lifespan of 20+yrs ba...

go check around new and pre-owned then base on your own judgment to buy loh...
try check what is the vale of that pre-owned if want sell next time so can know how much got to lose...

personally after i compare the pre-owned from shop and brand new...i rather go for new pic...
best still buy direct from ex-owner...can save the mark-up by shop...

think they charge $75 for authentication....
then serving need money again....
better add all these in...
might ended with saving of few hundreds for a 5~10yrs watch...
Old 26-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #508
Arch-Supremacy Member

Really can't find up to 50% discount unless you get it from owners, and owners difficult to find. I go down see lor..skali no papers then i dun wan liao. At least must have papers...
need the paper for what...??? you wear the watch no the paper wah...
but got paper will be more expensive/value...funny hoh...

with paper or not...i still will bring to Rolex center to check...
if the watch got problem like got non-genuine Rolex parts inside then Rolex center reject for serving...got paper also no use...
Old 26-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #509
Great Supremacy Member

Preown u have to see the luminous part T<25 thing.... touch the edges see izzt sharp or not.. those bring for porlish one aready smooth and rounder... If get 3.5k plus $150- 200 to send to ROlex to service and also authenic + the trouble to bring it down and might not get the watch back soon. And the old movement + old luminous tip + the 1 year warranty diferent (u send service if i not wrong they give u 1 year warranty.. brand new is 2 years)and u dun know what the previous owner has done on the watch is worth the 1k different to a brand new watch then go ahead lor... I touch alot of 2nd hand one only a few u see the condition like old old but they nv polish can feel the edges... I also got quote lowest the red/black GMT jubilee Year 2001 with paper /box everything 4.5k i rather pay 5.3k get brand new one with NO HOLE LUG, the new LASER ETCH CORNET on the cystal, The brand new piece buying kind of feeling. And less the hassle of sending it back to serice center..
Old 26-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #510
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks! i going down now!!!

which dealer?? where?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.