Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
khimwoon said:
ya... i wan to keep it... nice to wear... but mom hint hint laio... ask me to keep only 1... so if really need to let... see which one sold first ba... sad hor... sell sub i sad... sell explorer 1... hate to see good watch go...

by the way my jame bond nato strap coming next week laio... after fix to sub... confirm stunning!
y u nids to sells????

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
how much u paid and where u get the strap?
how do u remove ur current oyster strap?

khimwoon

Reaction score
huh? remove strap no value? the metal one still there mah... hahaha funny logic leh...

khimwoon

Reaction score
no la... cos parent only wan me to have 1 piece enough... true also la... spent a bit too much laio hahaha...

khimwoon

Reaction score
regarding the removal of strap... ok... the pin hole u take a paper clip jus poke the hole to release the spring bar... after 1 side done... do another... tape the watch up first... prevent scratch... then jus take the nato strap go through... wa la... u got ur self a jame bond submariner...

but... hmm can someone enlighten me abt mike comment on remove strap watch no more value? cos it sound totally not logical at all...

all these wont de-value the watch in any sense... its jus having more combination thus making wearing it more fun... if even touching the watch will de-value it... best is to jus keep it in the box... dont wear... like that confirm year down the road the rolex u own is still BRAND NEW.

watch is like car... why drive a bmw when a kelisa can do the same job... its the love of it... and changing strap is like changing the alloy wheel... sound system... etc etc... to enhance the love...

so i TOTALLY DISAGREE with the de-value thinking... make me feel like buying a rolex jus because its a rolex but not buying it cos u like the histroy, the technology and design invloved...

jus my 2cent...

khimwoon

Reaction score
yup... its not trading it... the braclet alone cost 1k laio... and when need for dinner event... i can alway change back to metal... hahaha

hope this solve the mis-understanding... hahaha

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
KW,

De-straping a number of times will definately loosen the grip or contact of the watch body to the bracelet. That was what 2nd hand watch dealers told me on my visits to their shop. The "looseness" of the original strap is one of their 5 main citeria for the value of the watch buying in. Also they do look out for signs of scratches on the pins and it's contacts for signs of strap removal.
im happy with the current oyster strap..unless my ** itchy lar

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
KW,

De-straping a number of times will definately loosen the grip or contact of the watch body to the bracelet. That was what 2nd hand watch dealers told me on my visits to their shop. The "looseness" of the original strap is one of their 5 main citeria for the value of the watch buying in. Also they do look out for signs of scratches on the pins and it's contacts for signs of strap removal.
those preowned watch sure kana de-straping...if not how to check the Serial Number...

think Rolex with SEL don't have this problem or not so bad...
those with Folded End Link can try bend back loh... rattle bracelet solution…

khimwoon

Reaction score
wah... good idea man... i was thinking put some blue tag inside to fill the gap...

wat mike say also true... take too many time also no good... but as long as be careful... quite ok one...

that the good part abt having the lug hole... make the whole thing so much easier...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
** my no hole lug... need a spring bar to remove...

heres the sub in NATO strip

subHUGEsmall.jpg

subwholeside.jpg

subjstrap3.jpg

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taking of the band or strap will not devalue the watch lar... the "looseness" of the bracelet means the link to link joint loosness. If u wear the watch everydays and after a few years the bracelet can "bent" more that is lossness.. Of cos scratch marks on the pin is not recomended lor. If scare this scare that no fun to wear a ROLEX liaoz.. might as well buy some gold bars and keep.. ;)

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:
im happy with the current oyster strap..unless my ** itchy lar

*pour a ton of itchy powder on yr groin* :s13:

By the way how much is the NATO strip? :s7:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is the NATO strap??? how can i take out my strap by DIY?? any idea... my no hole lug leh.. =:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.