Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree800Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #7036

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/dress-watch-guide/

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dress-watch-guide/

https://www.thehourglass.com/new-wat...ill-stand-out/

There are a lot more resources on the internet, don't be lazy.

One can be forgiven if one didn't have a good upbringing in etiquette and manners, because not everyone is lucky enough to have a father who had brought him up well.

But in this day and age with information on the internet readily available, there is really no excuse!

Last edited by Architeck; 29-04-2019 at 05:32 PM..
Architeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #7037

Dont blame others for your own ignorance. Everyone is entitled to wear any watch with long sleeves or suit. Caucasians do that too, just check out the Baselworld picts all over the internet.
I am ignorant? But the internet begs to differ.

Don't get mad.
discoburg likes this.
Old 29-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #7038
Master Member

why do you have to follow?

I am ignorant? But the internet begs to differ.

Don't get mad.
Old 29-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #7039

https://www.mrporter.com/journal/the...psession=false

https://www.gq.com/story/10-best-dress-watches
Old 29-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #7040
Great Supremacy Member

But if you wear a steel or half gold sports Rolex with long sleeves or suit, the style and etiquette people will laugh at you, say you mountain turtle

They say you should only wear a leather strapped watch with formal wear, and it has to be in full precious metal.

Maybe Singapore dress code is not so strict, but then again it hints at our uncouth peasant heritage and the lack of dressing etiquette in front of the AMDKs.
What is style and etiquette people?
New race in the world?
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #7041

why do you have to follow?
Follow? Nope, I have been brought up with this understanding of how one should dress at formal events.

BTW aren't you some sort of private banker or something? If so, then you should know what's proper and what's not when you deal with the "aristocrats." . Why rock the boat for no reason other than a wilful desire to wear whatever watch you want?

Do you turn up at a black tie event in Bermudas and sandals? If not, then why attempt to wear a Sky Dweller (since this is the Rolex thread after all) under that tuxedo?
discoburg likes this.

Last edited by Architeck; 29-04-2019 at 05:49 PM..
Old 29-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #7042

funny how the site shows you pictures of ppl in singlet wearing "dress" watch then.....but hey, up to individual who you wanna listen to. But I just hate it to be pin on a AngMo vs Asian culture dispute. If you need such articles to justify your purchase personally I think you are missing the point of this thread. just my opinion, no hate.....
bryando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #7043

funny how the site shows you pictures of ppl in singlet wearing "dress" watch then.....but hey, up to individual who you wanna listen to. But I just hate it to be pin on a AngMo vs Asian culture dispute. If you need such articles to justify your purchase personally I think you are missing the point of this thread. just my opinion, no hate.....
Excuse me but are you educated? Or do you prefer looking at the pictures rather than read the content?
discoburg likes this.
Old 29-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #7044

Excuse me but are you educated? Or do you prefer looking at the pictures rather than read the content?
Wahahahahaha.........this conversation starting to look at EatDrinkManWoman. I'm out.......
discoburg likes this.
bryando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #7045

Also, I don't think it is an Angmo vs Asian culture debate, but rather what is usually done and sticking to its provenance.

We have all heard stories about how rich China men open up ten thousand dollar bottles of vintage French wine, only to mix Sprite and orange juice in the wine and bottoms up like it's Tsingtao beer.

What do you say to that then?

They are fking rich, they have the fking money, so they can do what they want?

So you can afford a one million dollar Rolex Daytona Rainbow so that gives you the right to break all dress code and black tie event rules and wear it with your tuxedo? What arrogance! And not to mention, ignorance (your word)
discoburg likes this.
Old 29-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #7046
Master Member

Follow? Nope, I have been brought up with this understanding of how one should dress at formal events.

BTW aren't you some sort of private banker or something? If so, then you should know what's proper and what's not when you deal with the "aristocrats." . Why rock the boat for no reason other than a wilful desire to wear whatever watch you want?

Do you turn up at a black tie event in Bermudas and sandals? If not, then why attempt to wear a Sky Dweller (since this is the Rolex thread after all) under that tuxedo?
Nope, not a banker, a table cleaner
so wear what you feel comfortable in, a submariner can fit easily under shirt cuffs there is no need to adhere to the "style and etiquette people".
So what if they laugh at my rolex sports watch in my office wear, it is so trivial.
and if you have enough money, your style is the correct one.
When Warren buffet turns up in tux with a g-shock in a black tie affair, he is THE stylish person in that event.
discoburg and bryando like this.
Old 29-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #7047

Nope, not a banker, a table cleaner
so wear what you feel comfortable in, a submariner can fit easily under shirt cuffs there is no need to adhere to the "style and etiquette people".
So what if they laugh at my rolex sports watch in my office wear, it is so trivial.
and if you have enough money, your style is the correct one.
When Warren buffet turns up in tux with a g-shock in a black tie affair, he is THE stylish person in that event.
Typical China man thinking, right? I have the money, I have the power, I do whatever I want. Cos the money and power makes me right. Is it? ok this is the Rolex thread after all. Maybe I should look for a Patek and Vacheron thread.
Old 29-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #7048
Arch-Supremacy Member

jokes aside...... our great leader's prominent civil servant son was dressed in flip flops giving talks. hats off and thumbs up!
mun_hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #7049
Master Member

Typical China man thinking, right? I have the money, I have the power, I do whatever I want. Cos the money and power makes me right. Is it? ok this is the Rolex thread after all. Maybe I should look for a Patek and Vacheron thread.
Wa so stereotypical
No, rich people are just indifferent to those "style and etiquette people" think about them.
And they have more impt things to work on, unlike style and etiquette sheeps who follow blindly.
So triggered until I have to arm chio
discoburg and bryando like this.
Old 29-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #7050

Wa so stereotypical
No, rich people are just indifferent to those "style and etiquette people" think about them.
And they have more impt things to work on, unlike style and etiquette sheeps who follow blindly.
So triggered until I have to arm chio
Really. I see. So are you rich? Are any of you rich? How rich? Warren Buffett level? Li Ka-shing level? Or Ng family level?

If you're not, then I am awfully sorry, but you will have to LLST abide by and conform to civilized/gracious society's etiquette and manners.

Even in China, the 土豪 are starting to get civilized and going for etiquette lessons on how to behave graciously in public, so that people won't laugh at them.

Do you feel that you're richer or more important than the China 土豪, or even more important than our local 土豪 like ******* and ****** so much so that you can disregard social etiquette and gracious behavior including manner of dress and what watch to wear? Wow.
discoburg likes this.

Last edited by Architeck; 29-04-2019 at 06:48 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.