HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree714Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #7051
Arch-Supremacy Member

Even in China, the 土豪 are starting to get civilized and going for etiquette lessons on how to behave, so that people won't laugh at them.
but how does one wearing a steel bracelet watch in suit are being seen as uncouth person? puzzling to me
discoburg likes this.
mun_hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 06:50 PM   #7052

I like how this "discussion" is about style and etiquette, yet freaking GQ is cited as a source.
discoburg likes this.
BallGag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #7053

but how does one wearing a steel bracelet watch in suit are being seen as uncouth person? puzzling to me
Not necessarily uncouth, but definitely going against the time-honored do's and don'ts of Western formal dress.

Do you slurp your soup in front of fellow diners at the event? Do you burp loudly? No right, cos it is not considered good manners in a formal Western dinner setting.

But hey, it may be applauded in the Middle East or even congratulated in China, as it shows you love your hosts' cooking so much that you cannot control yourself.

Unfortunately we live in Singapore, and most formal events in Singapore are Western formal events, so we should just stick to formal Western norms when it comes to dress code. Unless you're attending some cosplay wedding dinner where everyone dresses up as Qing Dynasty eunuchs and palace maids or Japanese geishas.
discoburg likes this.
Architeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #7054

I like how this "discussion" is about style and etiquette, yet freaking GQ is cited as a source.
Hey, don't knock GQ lah, as it is already the most easily accessible style Bible to the common man already.

If even half of Singaporean male population can take fashion cues from GQ, then we won't have xmm's complaining about "Singaporean men wearing shorts and sandals to Orchard Rd and Holland V" already right?
discoburg likes this.
Architeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #7055
Master Member

So much verbal diarrhea sia.
Gonna continue wearing sports watch with office wear, whatcha gonna do... report me to GQ?
Old 29-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #7056

Hey, if they can muster up something better than too-short shorts and FILA Disruptors, I'll listen to their complaints.

I just find it really rich that you're going on about "time honoured do's and don'ts" of Western formal dress, yet your sources are rife with articles that just take a piss on these "time honoured" traditions. Then again, what do I know ? Maybe it's completely acceptable to wear a suit with an untucked shirt and sockless oxfords, as long as I'm wearing a "leather strapped watch, in full precious metal".

I think there's also a fundamental misunderstanding over what "formal dress" actually entails.

It almost seems as if you got called out for running your mouth over something you know very little about, and then tried to double down with some last minute Google-fu.
Old 29-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #7057

So much verbal diarrhea sia.
Gonna continue wearing sports watch with office wear, whatcha gonna do... report me to GQ?

They'll have to arrest James Bond first.
Old 29-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #7058
Great Supremacy Member

Follow? Nope, I have been brought up with this understanding of how one should dress at formal events.

BTW aren't you some sort of private banker or something? If so, then you should know what's proper and what's not when you deal with the "aristocrats." . Why rock the boat for no reason other than a wilful desire to wear whatever watch you want?

Do you turn up at a black tie event in Bermudas and sandals? If not, then why attempt to wear a Sky Dweller (since this is the Rolex thread after all) under that tuxedo?
Hahaha last paragraph is nub
discoburg likes this.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #7059
Great Supremacy Member

Nope, not a banker, a table cleaner
so wear what you feel comfortable in, a submariner can fit easily under shirt cuffs there is no need to adhere to the "style and etiquette people".
So what if they laugh at my rolex sports watch in my office wear, it is so trivial.
and if you have enough money, your style is the correct one.
When Warren buffet turns up in tux with a g-shock in a black tie affair, he is THE stylish person in that event.
Last sentence - word
discoburg likes this.
Old 29-04-2019, 08:23 PM   #7060

Last sentence - word
Pffft.. So uncouth.. Let me go back to polishing my Orient Bambino.
Old 29-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #7061
Supremacy Member

Am looking for a Sub. Got lobang bo?
all kept inside their safe one.
discoburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #7062
Great Supremacy Member

Really. I see. So are you rich? Are any of you rich? How rich? Warren Buffett level? Li Ka-shing level? Or Ng family level?

If you're not, then I am awfully sorry, but you will have to LLST abide by and conform to civilized/gracious society's etiquette and manners.

Even in China, the 土豪 are starting to get civilized and going for etiquette lessons on how to behave graciously in public, so that people won't laugh at them.

Do you feel that you're richer or more important than the China 土豪, or even more important than our local 土豪 like ******* and ****** so much so that you can disregard social etiquette and gracious behavior including manner of dress and what watch to wear? Wow.
Just sad have to go to classes to learn how to act like a decent human being
Old 29-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #7063
Great Supremacy Member

Not necessarily uncouth, but definitely going against the time-honored do's and don'ts of Western formal dress.

Do you slurp your soup in front of fellow diners at the event? Do you burp loudly? No right, cos it is not considered good manners in a formal Western dinner setting.

But hey, it may be applauded in the Middle East or even congratulated in China, as it shows you love your hosts' cooking so much that you cannot control yourself.

Unfortunately we live in Singapore, and most formal events in Singapore are Western formal events, so we should just stick to formal Western norms when it comes to dress code. Unless you're attending some cosplay wedding dinner where everyone dresses up as Qing Dynasty eunuchs and palace maids or Japanese geishas.
Hahaha
This one kan cock
Old 29-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #7064
Great Supremacy Member

Hey, don't knock GQ lah, as it is already the most easily accessible style Bible to the common man already.

If even half of Singaporean male population can take fashion cues from GQ, then we won't have xmm's complaining about "Singaporean men wearing shorts and sandals to Orchard Rd and Holland V" already right?
If I wear shorts and sandals with a patek aquanaut, driving a Ferrari.
Means what?
Means I rich and no style?

Lol. If I do that. Girls panties drop bodoh

But I peasant. So I can slurp soup and noodle damn loud.
Song bo

Last edited by gaoxing84; 29-04-2019 at 08:38 PM..
Old 29-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #7065
High Supremacy Member

submariner/gmt is ok for suit i feel. anyway, why u want to let others' opinions dictate what you should /shouldn't wear?
discoburg likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.