Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Control

Reaction score
benqhoo said:
got to see the model and condition then can est. worth how much...
can see that 2 websites and compare their pre-own Rolex sellng price and est. the shop profit loh...then you decide worth to sell or not...

6yrs old about time to send for serving liao...heard say the serving fee went up to $300+...so the next owner most likely need to spend another few hundreds...

i bought around 8k++ but i seldom wear it... was in very good condition doubt need any servicing yet...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Max_Control said:
i bought around 8k++ but i seldom wear it... was in very good condition doubt need any servicing yet...
Wa..6yrs ago stil 8++K :eek:
what model is that....

if 3.8K you lose more >50% leh...not worth...if me i won't sell...

in very good condition is external lah..internal leh...inside got oil and rubber...oil will dry up...rubber got lifespan...will affect the watch water resistant(if the watch go for diving better send in)......

how long to service is very subjective...but Rolex and many brands recommend every five years for a modern watch or more frequently for a vintage watch...
some people also don't bother..they only send in when the watch got problem...

Last edited:

Max_Control

Reaction score
oh wat i mean is i bought this watch at 8k++ 6 years ago... not now... dunno wat the price for my watch now... this is wat the pawn shop uncle quote me... i think abit low also... sigh~~

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just ask/check around more places for the value...then decide loh...

your Rolex is TT...??? 'half gold' ah...how come 8++K...???

maguses

Reaction score
I m looking for a Rolex and read through the Mar posts where 3 of u guys seemed to have a lot of fun buying rolex-es together. Initially wanted to get a Tag (Link) but everyone here help makes Rolex so much more fun / pawnable / classy haha.

Anyway for a 5K plus budget, is the submariner (w/o date) a good buy? Any recommendations? Not into 2nd hand.

Thanks!

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:
I m looking for a Rolex and read through the Mar posts where 3 of u guys seemed to have a lot of fun buying rolex-es together. Initially wanted to get a Tag (Link) but everyone here help makes Rolex so much more fun / pawnable / classy haha.

Anyway for a 5K plus budget, is the submariner (w/o date) a good buy? Any recommendations? Not into 2nd hand.

Thanks!

if u like sub and u can go w/o date why not.. :D

maguses

Reaction score
Is it still 4.8K? Tmr i go hourglass and ask hehehe.. any contacts/nice sales pple or not?

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:

Thanks!
yes..if you look at the spec...
the Sub non-date is using the same movement as Explorer, one of the latest movement from Rolex...
same 300m water resist as Sub-date, casing/bracelet also almost same...
down points...non-SEL, no date, no COSC certification, re-sale value not so good....

but the price differen between a date and non-date can be as much as 2K...
if dont really insist one with date funtion...i will go for non-date...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:
Is it still 4.8K? Tmr i go hourglass and ask hehehe.. any contacts/nice sales pple or not?

dun go hourglass.. very ex.. maybe u can try ask the AD in penisular plaza.. then u go dickson wisma buy?? if it is still 4.8k then good buy. ;)

dun buy so soon walk ard.. visit all the AD... :D prepare the cash.. tell them u fork cash they can give lower price. If u going to buy weekends maybe i would join u n i can look at my next target.. :D

Last edited:

maguses

Reaction score
I prefer interest free installments, less dent on savings account hehehe. But if the discount is significant if i pay by cash, then no choice also.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:
I prefer interest free installments, less dent on savings account hehehe. But if the discount is significant if i pay by cash, then no choice also.

is there such a thing for ROLEX?? But paying in full cash is the key to get more discount.. have yr cash really... That time i need 3 days to draw out the cash because of the daily 2k limit :s22:

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can go bank draw wah...draw liao direct go buy lah...

CC charge the shop 2% rite...if 5K is $100 liao....

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
Some ppl find the date on the sub make it a bit funny cause of the bulge and the manification.

Personally I find Sea Dweller( more ex LOL ) looks better than the Sub with date based on the above statement.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The cyclops is one of ROLEX first invention at 2.5X Optical zoom :s13: ANyway that is a preference kind of thing..

Snip3r> want to get sea dweller i heard 6.2k only.. =:p

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
Not atm, sub ==> sea dweller like buying "clone" lidat cause it's "similar visually".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.