Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

buaysaikum

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
u mean ROLEX?? then why dun u said the car engine of certain bran is the modification of a certain brand?? Pls lar use a brain a bit watch mechanaical movement is all about the same same as car engine.. unless u are a rocket scientist and u can invent something dun need gears to run a mechanical winding watch. Why dun u said ETA is a modified Rolex movement.. ;)

sorry i meant omega

b4 you actually vent your anger, pls do read who i'm qouting and the context, i was refering to the heart of seamasters....

clam down pal...

no offence

Last edited:

nautilus

Master Member
Reaction score
Nokfreak said:
Well articulated my friend. The Panerai wave heated up since 6 years ago when I'd wanted to get my hands on a marina (then costing about SGD$3000). Look at the ridiculous prices now. So they say big watches will be here to stay and prices will keep going up. I think it's still early to tell. Just look at the AP Offshores, close to 40% loss after selling it used to the dealers. With that price, I'd rather be looking at next-wave design phenomenons like Cvstos (it sure looks just like a Richard Mille), and take a bet on it.
Big watches looks like they're here to stay for the time being at least. With the advent of ladies wearing gentlemen watches, i think there's enough demand to sustain growth in this sector. BTW, Cvstos sure looks like a keeper to me. Any idea if anyone is bringing them in? Hopefully the prices will be sane......

buaysaikum

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nautilus said:
Big watches looks like they're here to stay for the time being at least. With the advent of ladies wearing gentlemen watches, i think there's enough demand to sustain growth in this sector. BTW, Cvstos sure looks like a keeper to me. Any idea if anyone is bringing them in? Hopefully the prices will be sane......

i do admit i'm a fashion slave, this era belong to the biggies, 44mm pannys are in..... just can't resist the upcoming panny 217....

Nokfreak

Reaction score
nautilus said:

Yeap, massive watches will stay for a while. I've gone into Dickson before and seen 2 ladies buying submariners. Tot they were buying for their hubbies but after talking to them for a while, realised that they were in fact buying for themselves. I went WTF??? But after I saw them putting them on their wrists, ahhh... it actually looks good on them. I've seen many ladies in town sporting Panerais too, well... the 40mms instead of the usual 44's that is.

In regards to Cvstos, same sentiments I have here. Sincere watches brought a few pieces in, all snapped up and there's a waiting list out there. Costs about 10 grand a piece for a non-chrono. Chronos are nice to look at, but when the movement requires servicing, it's gonna cost a bomb.

Nokfreak

Reaction score
buaysaikum said:
i do admit i'm a fashion slave, this era belong to the biggies, 44mm pannys are in..... just can't resist the upcoming panny 217....

The 217 is 47mm. Nice, but there are others with the sandwiched dial that are nice too. This being a special edition watch means it will cost more, but with 1000 pieces in production, it will mean a poorer resale. With the exception of it being a lefty, I dun really see a difference with the other base calibers. I feel the ones worth getting are those equipped with the JLC 8 day power reserve movements, but the prices are :s31:

nautilus

Master Member
Reaction score
Nokfreak said:
The 217 is 47mm. Nice, but there are others with the sandwiched dial that are nice too. This being a special edition watch means it will cost more, but with 1000 pieces in production, it will mean a poorer resale. With the exception of it being a lefty, I dun really see a difference with the other base calibers. I feel the ones worth getting are those equipped with the JLC 8 day power reserve movements, but the prices are :s31:
........not to mention a 1.5 to 2 yr waitlist for the 8 day PR models.

buaysaikum

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nokfreak said:
I feel the ones worth getting are those equipped with the JLC 8 day power reserve movements, but the prices are :s31:

time to start queuing for toto......

Nokfreak

Reaction score
I'm considering Rolex Yatchmaster (SGD$8k) vs Cvstos Challenge Twin Barrel as a dressy sports watch. My friends recommended Chopard Tycoon, but I still feel the brand is more for ladies. I think I'm more inclined towards the Yatchmaster for the massive discount.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nautilus said:
Hi benghoo,

It's true that there is currently an oversupply of rolexes in the market now. Don't believe what those used stores offer for their watches...
the main problem with Rolex is too common…they are simply too popular…
their marketing is so successful that for many years til now they still one of the top choices for imitation…

there always rumors floating around that the Rolex market will collapse…the prices will drop…they won’t be able to increase their prices every year for the same models/watches they selling…
if one day their prices really drop…20%, 30%, 50%...
how many people will rush to get one for themselves…??? Once there demand…you think the price will still down…or go upward…???
Infact I actually one of those waiting for their market to collapse so I can go get myself a SD or Sub at a lower price…

today many of the brands fall into the hands of the 3 major… Swatch group, Richmond group, LVMH…
some how its a sad thing to see them under these groups…
to me they are people that mainly concentrate in marketing, branding, cosmetic look of the product to increasing the price tag every year…
just look at Omega, Panerai, and Zenith prices different over the years…
they are no much better than Rolex…

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nautilus said:
If you take a ride on the MRT, rolex is easily the most spotted brand out there. Thing have progressed to the stage where "you have a rolex, so have I"
if with a budget of 5~6K....
which 'best bang for buck' brand will you go for.....:D

Nokfreak

Reaction score
I feel one of the traits of their success is being old fashioned. I've never seen Rolex watches being marketed in line with fashion, unlike Chopard, Bvlgari, etc. That, and their sole focus on being an independant watchmaker already creates a niche for their marketing. Honestly, I dun think the Rolex market will collapse, it might probably reach an equilibrum price, or their price increments might take place probably once in every 2-3 years by a smaller margin at the very worst. A watchmaker standing at 100 years of age is not likely to collapse. Watch buyers in Singapore are increasingly aware of the details of watches nowadays. Instant information over the internet at a click of a mouse button. I frequently overhear consumers asking the agents about the type of movement, and whether the movements are in-house. Many would not want to pay premium for a normal ETA ebauche (what? about SGD$75 per piece?), I know I wouldn't. And I have also noticed that a lot of die-hard watch lovers would steer away from models that will change in look over the years (e.g. contrast the old Tag heuer 2000 series or F1 series to the new ones). Rolex watches have retained at least 60% of their look over the years for many models. This applies to Panerais as well dun u think so? So for a given price range of 5-6k, I'd still place my bet on a Rolex Oyster Pro. It may no longer be a good investment, but it's still good reserve cash strapped on your wrists.

maguses

Reaction score
I got the seamaster hehehe. Its just appeals to me, so much more life and vibrance... so BMW.
But maybe, I will collect all the watches in this range.. next month submariner or Breitling superocean? Haha.

skydude

Reaction score
maguses said:
I got the seamaster hehehe. Its just appeals to me, so much more life and vibrance... so BMW.
But maybe, I will collect all the watches in this range.. next month submariner or Breitling superocean? Haha.

which seamaster series u brought?

boobip

Reaction score
Selling my Submariner date 16610 Y series dated dec 2002 SEL bracelet, non polished in original condition, few hairline scratches. Prestine condition without dings nor dents nor chips on the sapphire, carefully taken care of and cleaned everyday. Bezel enamel still glossy and without any fades. See it for yourself. Almost complete set but without the Anchor. Going for $5.2k, any takers? This is not a desperate sale, so price is fixed. I've just ordered a Panerai Radiomir GMT and a Panerai Power Reserve, so I'll need the cash from selling my dear subdate. Please PM me if interested. If no takers, I guess I'll just make do with a Radiomir GMT. Cash transaction, Thanks!

boobip

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for your overwhelming interest in my Submariner. And I want to apologize to Alex for my backing out at the last minute. Realised that I simply love this watch and decided that it's gonna stick with me for a long time. Thanks for your understanding. I guess I'll have to let someone else have the queue for the PAM90, it's coming in 2 weeks time. Anyone interested, just PM me. Thanks again! :D

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u digger!!!!!
anyways i saw a monk wear rolex king!! ****ING **. MONK LEH..
and i doubt it is fake loh... he hide under his long sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.