HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree279Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2005, 06:21 PM   #751

1st picture watch the ring circle thing was replace with add with some diaomond ring thing
the orgianl one taken out liao
cos this type of watch too common and like not nice also, so replace the cirlce thing do some modification

2nd watch is my grandfather give to my father when my father was 20 or 30 year old like that pass down one generation

wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #752
High Supremacy Member

did u keep the original brezel? If not the aftermarket one will affect its value..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #753
High Supremacy Member

by the way the first one is boy size?? or ?? the original brezel fluted type?
Old 14-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #754

original circle thing was now keep in drawer for like 5 or 4 year liao, never touch it, now still at drawer
the modify circle thing was mount or paste on the rolex 4 or 5 year already
what is aftermarket ?? the modify circle thing i think cost dunno cost $600 or $900 4 or 5 year ago i forget either it is 6 or inverted 6 which is 9
the 1st watch is small small watch not those big watch, it is small size dunno is it call boy size or not, but i saw lot of lady wear this type of small watch

the 2nd watch is big big size one

Last edited by wahoo; 14-04-2005 at 06:29 PM..
Old 14-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #755
High Supremacy Member

guess u have to sent to the preown shop to guage the value. AT least u have the original parts.. but that one is boy size? if yes then the value not good.. lots of boy size frloating in the used market
Old 14-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #756

the 1st watch the orignal circle thing, all gold plated one, 1 gold circle thing like that with nothing on it, so i go to watch shop take out the gold circle ring, and like paste a new circle ring with some diaomond on it also, the orginal circle thing is now in the drawer

the modify circle thing is now on the rolex watch
cos lot of lady wear the watch too common + like not nice also, so i take out the orginal ring replace with another ring to make it more unique 4 or 5 year ago
cost me either $600 or $900 i forget the price already
Old 14-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #757
High Supremacy Member

the 1st watch the orignal circle thing, all gold plated one, 1 gold circle thing like that with nothing on it, so i go to watch shop take out the gold circle ring, and like paste a new circle ring with some diaomond on it also, the orginal circle thing is now in the drawer

the modify circle thing is now on the rolex watch
cos lot of lady wear the watch too common + like not nice also, so i take out the orginal ring replace with another ring to make it more unique 4 or 5 year ago
cost me either $600 or $900 i forget the price already

u lady?? then that is a lady size?? by the way the aftermarket diamond brezel looks ugly.. ... preown one sell for 3.2k ard there..
Old 14-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #758

i not lady leh but i saw lot of lady wear it, all my aunites wear it also, but their one all orginal no modify one.the uncle will wear big type version one 1 lagi best wear the strap also whole gold one. not those normal silver + gold strap. my house got 1 watch not roelx but the whole thing is like make up of diamond everthing diamond except for the strap which is normal metal strap. super nice when under the sun, but dunno fake watch or not. now i cannot find the watch i think my father go pawn it or bring oversea to work,

my cousin never wear rolex her husband dunno give what what brand watch cost 10K+ and nother male cousin wear dunno 30k+ watch not rolex also during his wedding, instead of circle watch thier watch is like square square shape ugly

Last edited by wahoo; 14-04-2005 at 06:46 PM..
Old 19-04-2005, 10:57 PM   #759

the nato is here... soft and comfy... chio man!
khimwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 12:31 AM   #760
High Supremacy Member

heres the pic... bro..
Old 20-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #761

thanks bro.... hehehe ur gmt making heart itchy laio....

ok here the process... i spent abt 5min taping up the watch... wan to make sure my darling won get scratch... then i use a paper clip and poke the side lug hole... let the spring bar sit in then do the other side... then slowly pull out the bracklet... then i put back the spring bar and loop the nato in place... and here we got ourselve a james bond submariner...

initial thought... damn comfy... the nato is tough yet soft to the skin and the watch sit nicely on my wrist...

the other aviator strap i got is harder and even tougher... color combi of red and dark blue... think wat to match that with...

now the sub got a really sporty look... when needed for dress occasion... can always pop back the metal strap to match... but i wont advice doing that too often... now my metal strap is sealed in wrapping paper and stored... and the nato is here to stay on my sub...

now using my exp 1 as a dress watch and sub nato as my casual event watch... hehehe heng i never manage to sell them if not now sure bang head...

those with no lug hole version watch... think its better to get a spring bar tool before trying this task...

cheers
Old 20-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #762

Hey guys, i can see u all are the Rolex gurus, can mod Rolex somemore!!! Need advise from u guys, i can't decide between a GMT II and Explorer II (Black Dial). I like both of them!!! But not rich enough to buy both. Can only stick to one. Pls help!
djsadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #763
High Supremacy Member

Hey guys, i can see u all are the Rolex gurus, can mod Rolex somemore!!! Need advise from u guys, i can't decide between a GMT II and Explorer II (Black Dial). I like both of them!!! But not rich enough to buy both. Can only stick to one. Pls help!

Here are some info ..
GMT2 can tell 3 time zone had rotatable brezel
explorer 2 time zone fixed brezel... More prone to scratch on the brezel..
Both use the same movement..
GMT 2 got more brezel color combination and can also on the jubilee. It looks dressy in jubilee while tougher in oyster..
Personally i would try both and see which sing to me.. then buy. For me it would be GMT2

Tougher look, sporty..

More dressy and bling bling..

Old 20-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #764

i would say... go for the gmt 2... much nicer... i'm planning my gmt too... hahaha

the fact is... u cant escape them... u end up getting both sooner or later...

damn naked... u have to show me ur gmt... so nice... between black and blk/red... i still go for black red!
Old 20-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #765
High Supremacy Member

i would say... go for the gmt 2... much nicer... i'm planning my gmt too... hahaha

the fact is... u cant escape them... u end up getting both sooner or later...

damn naked... u have to show me ur gmt... so nice... between black and blk/red... i still go for black red!

yea i just didn't get bore looking at them.. the wine red has diferent shades under diferent lightings.. chios.. Somehow lucky i got with the jubilee bracelet caused i find out that it is so less prone to scratch... Mine still looks brand new.. Looking at my tag which has the "oyster" kind of bracelet scratches all over..

my next target the dweller this yr end.. hopefully..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.