HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree698Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2019, 01:39 AM   #7801

Meaning AD boss get Rolex sports stocks but can’t sell at higher profits unlike last time because Rolex insist they must sell at Recommended retail price. Thus not much margins, AD boss instead registered another shell company and sell his Rolex stocks as grey market with much much higher profits? Therefore there is always a shortage of stocks at AD, Cos AD moved stocks to grey market instead to make higher profits?

Cortina, Emperor and Hourglass don't need to patronise you.
they got a long list of big buyers. vvip clientele.

think of it, if everyone buy rolex sports. buy outside flip or what not.

their other brand dont need sell? all keep inventory? how to answer to brand owner.

so they took this chance to do PWP, that's the only way to do their business.
this entire rolex shortage or rather PWP thing is started by the consumer, not the business.

last time, rolex sports, diao du one. sub date? 15% ai mai? because it's readily available.
daytona 12% take go.

because of the ceramic daytona, super super popular, AD learnt that people are willing to pay premium to get their hands on it. the AD caught the fever, jump on the opportunity to make more money.

eventually, rolex sent a memo to stop selling at premium, AD not stupid, keep stock lor. i sell to VVIP who support me by buying other brands, i give rolex as incentive.

so end up, premium market head to where? grey dealers. AD wanna move premium also move to grey la, move to you meh, who are you? sell you got benefit bo?

you can continue to make noise, complain about AD etc etc. Think in the AD shoes, if you're the AD, would you take the opportunity to make more money since consumers are willing?

it's a business after all, profit counts. consumers are the ones that sabo, especially the rich.

i hope this is simple enough for all to understand.
gyvtvtgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:14 AM   #7802

I agree with u profits matter to AD. I completely understand the biz model ah. The other brands they can't sell that's their problem too ma, as a business should know how to manage inventory wat.

But the point is not abt whether the other ADs are right or wrong. The point I am trying to make is even if KHH is putting on a show pretending to sell to non VIP, I applaud them for that as it is still better than the rest of the ADs which unfortunately too busy with vvips.

U mean put on a show no cost ah? All the time spent on Facebook entertain msgs and comments. Can u really blame people for trying their luck by plp or call them disgusting? Btw, I'm not a customer of KHH.
Not taking the ADs' side here, but in the retail business, especially in the traditional brick-and-mortar sort of distribution business that the ADs are in, the power dynamics between the brand and the distributor/retailer are usually very skewed in favour of the brand. I'm sure you can brush it off as, "not your problem"and that it's up to the ADs to manage it; which is exactly what they are doing now, they're managing the situation, whether it's increased demand for Rolex or high inventory for other brands, by focusing on a certain demographic. Is it the "right" thing to do ? I don't think so, but who am I to complain ? If I run a store, and you tell me that I can move my deadstock(which I was required to buy for fear of losing my distribution rights) by controlling the sales of my top sellers, of course I'm going to do that - it's money falling on my lap ! How does Hermes sell so many scarves and accessories ?

I don't have any issue with what KHH is doing either. More power to the owner. Unfortunately it tends to bring out the worst in people, especially in a society like ours'.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #7803

Not taking the ADs' side here, but in the retail business, especially in the traditional brick-and-mortar sort of distribution business that the ADs are in, the power dynamics between the brand and the distributor/retailer are usually very skewed in favour of the brand. I'm sure you can brush it off as, "not your problem"and that it's up to the ADs to manage it; which is exactly what they are doing now, they're managing the situation, whether it's increased demand for Rolex or high inventory for other brands, by focusing on a certain demographic. Is it the "right" thing to do ? I don't think so, but who am I to complain ? If I run a store, and you tell me that I can move my deadstock(which I was required to buy for fear of losing my distribution rights) by controlling the sales of my top sellers, of course I'm going to do that - it's money falling on my lap ! How does Hermes sell so many scarves and accessories ?

I don't have any issue with what KHH is doing either. More power to the owner. Unfortunately it tends to bring out the worst in people, especially in a society like ours'.
Agree that it brings out the worst in us. It's a vicious cycle - people plp a bit, KHH selling to those who plp, people learn to plp even more, etc. Whereas for other boutiques people quickly learn that plp and boosting ADs ego doesn't work and there's a different formula... Maybe there isn't any right or wrong approach where the AD is concerned, but certainly reading the posts makes one cringe and brings me back to my original point : if we cannot stoop so low as to plp with pictures of our newborn or getting the entire family down to worship them, then there's no chance to get a watch from them, though we might be mislead by plp-ers that everyone has a chance at allocation from them
Plikhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:57 AM   #7804
Master Member

They should just have a separate fb or blog to document their plp journeys. ROCA just feels different from yesteryear.....

Agree that it brings out the worst in us. It's a vicious cycle - people plp a bit, KHH selling to those who plp, people learn to plp even more, etc. Whereas for other boutiques people quickly learn that plp and boosting ADs ego doesn't work and there's a different formula... Maybe there isn't any right or wrong approach where the AD is concerned, but certainly reading the posts makes one cringe and brings me back to my original point : if we cannot stoop so low as to plp with pictures of our newborn or getting the entire family down to worship them, then there's no chance to get a watch from them, though we might be mislead by plp-ers that everyone has a chance at allocation from them
Dmaul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #7805
Supremacy Member

Ahh... now I see the issue being more of the FB group being derailed from it's original direction/content, no doubt the PLP is indeed cringy and to some extent sad.

I guess in summary, it's a new paradigm. So long as current demand/supply status remains, Rolexes are now only for the rich who can afford PWP or willing to PLP (only for KKH).
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #7806
Supremacy Member

Is datejust as limited too?

Iím actually interested in getting 126334 blue dial from local AD...

Last edited by runningman.snsd; 01-07-2019 at 11:21 AM..
runningman.snsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #7807

Is datejust as limited too?

Iím actually interested in getting 126334 blue dial from local AD...
have a BNIB piece, PM if keen. and no you can't get it at an AD

on another note, KHH seems to have a lot of supply of sports model...don't know the hoard the inventory for how long
adgjl321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #7808
Great Supremacy Member

I agree with u profits matter to AD. I completely understand the biz model ah. The other brands they can't sell that's their problem too ma, as a business should know how to manage inventory wat.

But the point is not abt whether the other ADs are right or wrong. The point I am trying to make is even if KHH is putting on a show pretending to sell to non VIP, I applaud them for that as it is still better than the rest of the ADs which unfortunately too busy with vvips.

U mean put on a show no cost ah? All the time spent on Facebook entertain msgs and comments. Can u really blame people for trying their luck by plp or call them disgusting? Btw, I'm not a customer of KHH.
That is marketing.
A very bad one that will back fire anytime.
You must understand Roca people. All is uncle and auntie la
The way they use fb lol. Anyhow one.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #7809
Great Supremacy Member

That's very true.
It's just business. You can don't buy from them or buy Rolex. A ton of brands out there.
But if you die die want Rolex. Play the game or pay up. Simple as that.

But it's annoying la. And they still think hashtag still works meh. Lol
It should be a community of sharing. Not plp.
Khh should start a fb page. And let all the cockster go share their stories
Old 01-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #7810
Great Supremacy Member

Meaning AD boss get Rolex sports stocks but canít sell at higher profits unlike last time because Rolex insist they must sell at Recommended retail price. Thus not much margins, AD boss instead registered another shell company and sell his Rolex stocks as grey market with much much higher profits? Therefore there is always a shortage of stocks at AD, Cos AD moved stocks to grey market instead to make higher profits?
Maybe. We never know
Old 01-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #7811
Arch-Supremacy Member

Group 1 ppl will plp just to get a sports model from AD.
Group 2 ppl will just buy from grey dealers, will laff at Group 1 for being so cheapo and plp to AD.
Group 3 will forever wear Casio and laff at Group 1 and 2, while investing his time and $$ in biz and property etc.- they will never understand why ppl spend so much on a watch.
i grp 2, buy aldy no more money to be in grp 1 or grp 3
mun_hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #7812
Supremacy Member

It's like property prices in SG go up but u cannot do anything but just suck it up except that unlike property, the good thing is Rolex is just simply a luxury watch that we can all do w/o.
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #7813
High Supremacy Member

discoburg likes this.
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #7814
High Supremacy Member

the plp ended liao, 3 days after their 2806.

they need more inventory for the plp to continue....
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #7815

Btw, what is LLP?
techtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.