HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thread all abt ROLEX

Like Tree791Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #7861

If I intend to get on the priority waitlist for Rolex with AD (coz I’ve no sales history with any), which AD should I buy my first watch from? Intending to get omega speedmaster. The ADs I’m considering are hourglass, emperor and cortina. Thanks!
If you're just thinking about Rolex, then perhaps, like the previous posters suggested, KHH is your best bet.

However, if you wanna move up to Patek or some other brands, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.

A long and extensive relationship at THG, for example, can be extremely productive. I'm not one, but I've seen the power of that relationship.
Kyo_kusanagi86 likes this.
atypicalsingaporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #7862

How to get Patek watch from ad?
creative_vitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:34 AM   #7863

How to get Patek watch from ad?
There are two possible outcomes:

1. You walk in, see a Calatrava on display, ask for it and pay. AD will be very happy.

2. You walk in, ask for anything in steel. AD will laugh at you. (true story)
Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #7864

Can you also pm me? I just want a Sub.
Yeah sub is nice. Sure sure , feel free to pm me
micgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #7865

Meant to ask

Submariner-Sea dweller- GMT
Tornconverseshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #7866
Supremacy Member

Meant to ask

Submariner-Sea dweller- GMT
???? What you talking lol
kashix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #7867

Yeah sub is nice. Sure sure , feel free to pm me
I'm interested to get one too. PM me if yours is not sold yet.
eric_wong6599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #7868
Supremacy Member

i am not a collector nor crazy on watches...but thought of having a couple would be nice.
Got an IWC years ago...
So months back...went to ADs to ask abt Sub...all commented no stock and very hard to come by...
Very weird as last time, there are many rolex sports series when i was buying my IWC...and base on this i should have gotten Sea Dweller that time as it is even cheaper than my Portuguese...but i love the class of IWC.

As I am not in a hurry...so abt 2wks ago, happen to pass by AD...just went in and ask...no Sub...well, since i gotten a IWC, might as well get my wife a Lady Date Just rather than another watch for myself. told the sales...if ever there is a sub, Date or No Date...i would love to have it, who knows when will it ever come.
Sales tell me, he will keep a look out for me but slim chance...but finger cross...

This past Sunday...sales text me...got a sub with date and had reserve for me...keen to pick it up?...mai tu liao...
i am very happy but also sebei xiong...2 rolex in 2 wks...
Gxgx to your sub date!
Old 10-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #7869

Gxgx to your sub date!
thank you...i was reading all the messages...i think we cannot control when we can have it or not due to the low stock...i guess perhaps keep a peaceful mentality...like have good lor...don't have LL lor...
like usually when you wanted something badly...its hard to come by
but when u chin chai...it come...
i was not crazy about it but everyone is talking abt it...so i thought...hv hv lor...no hv also nvm...than i got it.
makingfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #7870
Supremacy Member

Why is KHH the best bet? What about other Rolex's AD? I know there is on in Lucky Plaza. Situated near a stairs leading to Tong Building.
If you're just thinking about Rolex, then perhaps, like the previous posters suggested, KHH is your best bet.

However, if you wanna move up to Patek or some other brands, then perhaps you should look elsewhere.

A long and extensive relationship at THG, for example, can be extremely productive. I'm not one, but I've seen the power of that relationship.
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #7871

Why is KHH the best bet? What about other Rolex's AD? I know there is on in Lucky Plaza. Situated near a stairs leading to Tong Building.
It seems that most other ADs have a disciplined system of waitlist, and the more "established" your relationship with the AD is, the higher up you're on the waitlist. Some ADs have two waitlists, one for VIPs, and one for walk-in customers.

KHH seems to allocate based on the boss' mood.
discoburg likes this.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #7872
Supremacy Member

Other AD, you no relationship or purchase history. You can’t get at all. The chances very slim or close to none.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #7873
Supremacy Member

Also no use, I dunno KHH's boss. Unless I put down a freaking special name for him/her to take notice.

I don't care if its sized or named warranty card, I just wanna own a Rolex Sun after working for so many years.
It seems that most other ADs have a disciplined system of waitlist, and the more "established" your relationship with the AD is, the higher up you're on the waitlist. Some ADs have two waitlists, one for VIPs, and one for walk-in customers.

KHH seems to allocate based on the boss' mood.
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:35 PM   #7874
High Supremacy Member

Also no use, I dunno KHH's boss. Unless I put down a freaking special name for him/her to take notice.

I don't care if its sized or named warranty card, I just wanna own a Rolex Sun after working for so many years.
no use. its the sad realistic world now. best chance for u is to buy from direct reseller at a not so high premium over those grey sellers.
discoburg likes this.
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:54 AM   #7875
Great Supremacy Member

suck it up buy premium.

don't expect a magic submariner to appear at retail.

wait wait wait, you're just prolonging the time you're going enjoy with the watch.
gaoxing84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.