F
1991 (Nov)
1997 (Aug)
1998 (Nov)
2000 (Jan)
2001 (Sep)
2002 (Sep)
2003 (Sep)

1987 then started to have alphabets one. Go www.oysterworld.de to see under production dates. (link posted by Benghoo before)

marxace

Reaction score
snip3r said:
heheh

btw, your lolek how often you wear it and when do you wear it?

I just bought it. So far wear once every other day. Prefer my titanium unbranded watch cos its lighter and wont have sweat smell as compared to stainless steel watches.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
marxace said:
1987 then started to have alphabets one. Go www.oysterworld.de to see under production dates. (link posted by Benghoo before)

this one i know because u just bought so what is the letter for yr new sub i assume it is 2004 model ?

marxace

Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
this one i know because u just bought so what is the letter for yr new sub i assume it is 2004 model ?

Nope. Still F series. Think F series is still the latest batch. When all stocks sold off to distributers then the new series might be produced.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
k.............................................................................

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
When to Roy Lucky plaza today SUb with dat wa quote 6950... w/o dat 5.2K And the sales attitude dun want to buy from them... :s27: Tomorrow going Hourglass
that time i kana attitude from Hrglass...but my friend kana from Roy before...
think some/most 'R' AD all like that one lah...even Pre-owned also...knn...not AD also want to act Big F...
my friend went 1 Pre-owned shop ask...

how much this watch...???
4.5K...
after discount leh...???
4.5K... (same answer + act one face + sound like not interested like that)

Go in shop got to let the shop people feel that you are keen/interested to buy...then can talk/bargain...don’t bother...we are buying..let them serve us…
try not to let them feel like those go ask for song only...they also sian...because everyday alot people go ask for price only...
Spore got 7 ADs...that time i almost went to all to check/ask...but only buy from 1 shop so the rest of the shops think i went in ask for song one...=:p
as an R Ad...think they got to provide certain standard of service...if not kana many complains sure kana investigate...

I dislike the most is shop that over quote me…others places 5+k quote 6K...knn…

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
momo_siao said:
sorry. coz the watch bracelet joint there near the watch is 1 lump i though fake wan lor. nt sure if submariner is same as rolex. the joint near to watch is nt 1 lump is movable joint
the movable joint is those old non SEL bracelet...like what Datejust using...
the non-movable is SEL bracelet..Solid End Link..the End is Solid pic of metal...
almost all Oyster Pro using SEL...think only Sub without date using non-SEL...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
Like that T series worth it or not.. the condition is 99% as told... going down to see see... Of cause will bring to Rolex service center to service also.. how much huh?? how long it takes?
buy from shop or friend...???
if shop they sure earn...so the watch may worth the most 3+k only...

T..1996...about 9yrs old liao...
1st must see the condition loh...
if the owner seldom wears, the condition very good ok loh...send for serving can liao...
the Sub and SD...last major upgrade their movement to 3135 since 1988...till now 10+yrs also no changes/no much changes...can go check net for more info…

1 thing about Pre-owned is the bracelet and casing...those Pre-owned watch like to go for polishing to let the watch look like new so can fetch higher price...
but actually some people don’t like the watch kana polish...because polishing actually affected the thickness/shape of the bracelet/casing...
infact polishing will affect the resale vale...but because most people see the watch ‘Look like’ New they thought worth…
those know how to see can tell the different...

buy Pre-owned better be careful abit…don’t rush...take your time think carefully…no hurry…don’t because want save some money go risk few K…

just share abit what I know…

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
buy from shop or friend...???
if shop they sure earn...so the watch may worth the most 3+k only...

T..1996...about 9yrs old liao...
1st must see the condition loh...
if the owner seldom wears, the condition very good ok loh...send for serving can liao...
the Sub and SD...last major upgrade their movement to 3135 since 1988...till now 10+yrs also no changes/no much changes...can go check net for more info…

1 thing about Pre-owned is the bracelet and casing...those Pre-owned watch like to go for polishing to let the watch look like new so can fetch higher price...
but actually some people don’t like the watch kana polish...because polishing actually affected the thickness/shape of the bracelet/casing...
infact polishing will affect the resale vale...but because most people see the watch ‘Look like’ New they thought worth…
those know how to see can tell the different...

buy Pre-owned better be careful abit…don’t rush...take your time think carefully…no hurry…don’t because want save some money go risk few K…

just share abit what I know…

Yea.. isee see look look.. but very keen to buy a rolex watch now.. I heard must also see the dial below got SWISS MADE or SWISS TXX by marxace.. It will decide the condition of the luminous ... actually ard which year then Rolex use the better luminious?

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
Yea.. isee see look look.. but very keen to buy a rolex watch now.. I heard must also see the dial below got SWISS MADE or SWISS TXX by marxace.. It will decide the condition of the luminous ... actually ard which year then Rolex use the better luminious?
the older Tritium got a lifespan of 20+yrs ba...
older model also got the "see through lug holes"...
think they start use SuperLuminova late 1990...
rolex watches got those so call transition period model ...mixture of old and new model...
they don't change everthing 1 shot...

Passions selling 1996 Sub date 5K here…

you want go take a look compare the condition with your loh...
my friend told me their prices all Fixed Price...no discount one...

Last edited:

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
b018848f.jpg

louisoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wats the recommended price of a submariner w/date now ? .... 5-6k ?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought max just bought one at 6.8k... i was quote 6.2k.. overbudget.. thinking of sub w/o date 4.8k :s7:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For 4.8K will u get this

14060-13.jpg

Or 4.7K this model or model with romans characters?

15200-1.jpg

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brand news
I have heard two rumors in the run-up to Basel 2005: that the Submariner 14060M will be modified with a new model number and will have a solid-end-links bracelet and C.O.S.C. certification. The other rumor is that all Subs going forward will have the so-called "Maxi" dial.

from http://www.watchfinder.net/

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
Brand news
I have heard two rumors in the run-up to Basel 2005: that the Submariner 14060M will be modified with a new model number and will have a solid-end-links bracelet and C.O.S.C. certification. The other rumor is that all Subs going forward will have the so-called "Maxi" dial.

from http://www.watchfinder.net/
so wait and see first or..?

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
that time i kana attitude from Hrglass...but my friend kana from Roy before...
think some/most 'R' AD all like that one lah...even Pre-owned also...knn...not AD also want to act Big F...
my friend went 1 Pre-owned shop ask...

how much this watch...???
4.5K...
after discount leh...???
4.5K... (same answer + act one face + sound like not interested like that)

Go in shop got to let the shop people feel that you are keen/interested to buy...then can talk/bargain...don’t bother...we are buying..let them serve us…
try not to let them feel like those go ask for song only...they also sian...because everyday alot people go ask for price only...
Spore got 7 ADs...that time i almost went to all to check/ask...but only buy from 1 shop so the rest of the shops think i went in ask for song one...=:p
as an R Ad...think they got to provide certain standard of service...if not kana many complains sure kana investigate...

I dislike the most is shop that over quote me…others places 5+k quote 6K...knn…

i tot the retail price of R is pretty much the same, being controlled by the watch dealer. my friends are looking for tag and cartier...will be bringing them to HG, hope can get a better discount then the standard one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.