Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pew said:
For me, I find datejust ok so long as it is not two tone with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet.
sikflowtt9.jpg

pict from internet..not mine...

think if TT will be nice too...
DJ got many combination lah..if pick the correct one can be very nice too...:D

Last edited:

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
sikflowtt9.jpg

pict from internet..not mine...

think if TT will be nice too...
DJ got many combination lah..if pick the correct one can be very nice too...:D

That's what swing me towards the datejust, many combinations. I would have jumped for the explorer if I can afford 1 watch every year. But for the datejust, with just a couple of hunderds, I can afford to mix and match

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
airking..i like the price tag only...:D

oyster perprtual is smaller...31mm(what they call boy-size ba)...with COSC
airking is 34mm...same like oyster date..
DJ and Exp s bigger...36mm...

oic...so the diff between the date and datejust is only 2mm difference in terms of size

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pew said:
That's what swing me towards the datejust, many combinations. I would have jumped for the explorer if I can afford 1 watch every year. But for the datejust, with just a couple of hunderds, I can afford to mix and match
rolexdatejustcm2.jpg

rolex62006008xd4.jpg

you know now got 'New' DJ liao...???
these 'New' DJ got a 'younger' look...with new dial + new bracelet SEL + Solid Center Link..:D

down point for Exp I is got no date loh...sometime damn sian..got to see hp for the date...or you want look at the Exp II( 40mm same size like Sub) but bigger and mroe ex...

then you said you dont like the cyclops..Rolex got date model with no cyclops only the sea-dweller...
you case abit...like i said..best buy all...1 each...:D

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=2277&rid=5
about ur sapphire crystal question you may try read the FAQ at timezone...very helpful..

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pew said:
oic...so the diff between the date and datejust is only 2mm difference in terms of size
ya...if you are not really smaller size...buy DJ better lah..that time i see airking 34mm like ok..but when put side by side with Exp I...can see the 2mm diff...:o

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
rolexdatejustcm2.jpg

rolex62006008xd4.jpg

these 'New' DJ got a 'younger' look...with new dial + new bracelet SEL + Solid Center Link..:D

down point for Exp I is got no date loh...sometime damn sian..got to see hp for the date...or you want look at the Exp II( 40mm same size like Sub) but bigger and mroe ex...

then you said you dont like the cyclops..Rolex got date model with no cyclops only the sea-dweller...

about ur sapphire crystal question you may try read the FAQ at timezone...very helpful..

NICE!!!!!! will check it out.

Don't think second hand ones are available yet right?

piakpiak

Master Member
Reaction score
jezzmatezz said:
thats a cool a$$ looking watch!!

I would like to know how much it would cost too!! :s22:
initial estimate is less than S$30K :D
but I haven't gone to ask for the exact price yet

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
rolexdatejustcm2.jpg

rolex62006008xd4.jpg

The more I look at the new DJ, the more I find it sissy, and the more I find it not rolexy. Seem to have lost the character that a rolex should have. Guess I got to take a look and have a feel at the actual thing before I can comment (or rather condam n ) this watch further

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pew said:
The more I look at the new DJ, the more I find it sissy, and the more I find it not rolexy. Seem to have lost the character that a rolex should have. Guess I got to take a look and have a feel at the actual thing before I can comment (or rather condam n ) this watch further
to me the new model got a 'Rounder' look...think you prefer the the older classic oyster look...
the attracting part about the new DJ is the new SEL + Solid Center Link bracelet...more solid as compare to the old DJ that using those non-SEL bracelet...if you compare them you will know whcih is better..:D

anyway..like it or not..they coming out these new DJ...think they will stop making the old type..so once the old stock clear finish...want buy also dont have...:D

Last edited:

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
guys...what do u think of the explorer I, eyeing this for my next one.

BTW, do you guys observe that IWC has a lot of eyeball. Most movies can see those actors flashing them.

qinglong

Reaction score
pew said:

ugly and unimaginative
arggh, metal some more

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qinglong said:
ugly and unimaginative
arggh, metal some more

Dun say until 1 cent not worth leh, afterall still got 5 matchstick on watch face must respect abit

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:
guys...what do u think of the explorer I, eyeing this for my next one.

BTW, do you guys observe that IWC has a lot of eyeball. Most movies can see those actors flashing them.

I would think in Asian context, a rolex will always be a rolex. IWC is just another expensive watch brand.

Personally I find IWC design although nice, but not contemporary. Dun have the makings of a real classic. Of cause just my personal opinion

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went down to the hourglass to have a look at the new DJ, looks very kiddish to me, din like it

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:
I like the Explorer too. Its a celebrity endorsed watch lor. U can tell people, "u got watch Love Generation? yes, this is THE watch." Then u can buy the crystal apple from tiffany, and after work, u can place it next to the apple, on your table and admire. U can also buy the VCD and put it next to it, then when ur friends visit, u can say "u got watch love generation..." Get the drift?

Explorer is COSC, airking is not right? So it underwent rigourous testing. 15 days of testing ok. It also has a rich history, don't u want to own a piece of history? Went up Everest leh. Airking does not have an illustrious history.

And u get higher resale value also mah.

And Explorer is more prestigious mah. Airking is entry level. If u meet fellow Rolexes, and u wear a Explorer, u get more street cred.

So u really are paying for something. Most of all, Explorer will put a bigger smile on ur face. And U can say I bought it, because I can afford it. And I love it.

The crystal apple cost $179....check already

maguses

Reaction score
Haha quite worth it leh, 179. Can display next to ur 5.5K explorer. So u buying explorer?
It sounds like datejust is not u... don't resist, just give in! And join the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.