The Wallet Thread

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot afford exotic skins...but even normal wallets, also hard to get. my friend trying to get bearn wallet for so long, always no stock. online occasionally popup but wrong colour.

but 2-3X is nothing in the grand scheme of things when the wallet can last a few years :o

hmms, but lasting a few yrs theory wise.. many brands can do it too. i think if one likes the brand then price wont be the deciding factor.

yah iv read whereby people pops in hermes local boutique but theres only just one men's wallet there. :o

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it this one?

H063606CA89.jpg

too few cc slots, 8 i think is ok

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it this one?

H063606CA89.jpg

too few cc slots, 8 i think is ok

yah not worth i think, 8cc shld be just nice. even the classic LV also very few cc slots actually, 3 on left and cross 2 cc on right side. sometimes got to squeeze the wallet with some other cards + receipts till abit thick..

thats why i think sometimes pple buy for the brand instead of practicality wise. :o

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah not worth i think, 8cc shld be just nice. even the classic LV also very few cc slots actually, 3 on left and cross 2 cc on right side. sometimes got to squeeze the wallet with some other cards + receipts till abit thick..

thats why i think sometimes pple buy for the brand instead of practicality wise. :o

true, that's why must patiently wait for the 8 cc slot model above. i always try to clear my wallet of all the receipts and small notes so that it's less bulky.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I only keep the receipts for my monthly bills in my wallet, rest of my expenses, I will have an expenses app to keep track.

I used to keep everything in my wallet until it look like a junkyard....then I slowly change my habit...

since I dont have many cards: 2 debit cards, 1 CC, 1 ezlink n 1 driving licence. a 5cc to 8cc wallet is more than enough for me

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, you are very disciplined to carry so few cards...i had no choice because usually shop and dine on the spur of the moment and sometimes had to use a specific card for the discounts/promo. in fact 8 slots is still not enough and i had to resort to keeping a lot of cards in the car :s13:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also changed abit habit, to housekeep more.. usually receipts on the spot tear and throw away, lesser cards and more cash.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Nobody feeling for non designer brands shell cordovan wallets?

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow, you are very disciplined to carry so few cards...i had no choice because usually shop and dine on the spur of the moment and sometimes had to use a specific card for the discounts/promo. in fact 8 slots is still not enough and i had to resort to keeping a lot of cards in the car :s13:

used to carry a few credit cards around (Citi SMRT, SC Manhattan, UOB One) cuz different card got different perks and of cuz i thought I will be ABLE to utilize all of them... but then gradually over the years, I realized my spending are on a few areas, so cancel a few and keep only SC Manhattan
at least i am able to charge everything onto one card and gather all my reward pts in one card

for dining... i realized in recent 2 yrs, many popular restaurants no longer give cc discounts, instead they give free desserts etc, which I don't like.

shopping... yeah I know ^.^ my wife love to shop in Taka, so she is holding onto a DBS Taka card, so any shopping we will try to do in taka and charge to her card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobody feeling for non designer brands shell cordovan wallets?

Natural Shell Cordovan Wallet or Horween shell cordovan wallets?

My 2nd uncle started using their Natural Shell Cordovan Wallet about 1 yr ago.
something like this....
900x900px-LL-5a1b6460_sw1.jpeg

The leather is very thick tbh and very sturdy as well... If you don't go for luxury branded wallet, this is a good buy=)

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feel like getting this carbon fiber wallet .. Carbon Fiber & Leather Wallet | Carbon Fiber Gear

simple and nice ;) I like the carbon fiber treatment... plus, it has alot of card slots. it seems like a good daily-beater wallet and its only $50 bucks why not? :s13:
hmmmm... might be a good xmas gift for my 12yo nephew :s8:

the only thing to take note is the ID card flap... That thin piece of leather will start to crack and tear very fast if you flip it very often. would advise frequently used card to be kept on the right... other things like NRIC/Driving Licenses, keep on the left

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last time young children never too much... jus whacked only...

tbh, coins are quite useful...

yah ish true... last time i also prefer with coins one.. then slowly change, collect all coins put insai pocket then go put tong kong. :o

cos now grow up liao cards more then coins.. rast time young ish coins more than cards..

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no ppl like wallet wif coin area?

Depends on the coin pouch is inside the wallet or on the outside.
Just remember that if you stuff too much coins in the coin area, it will force your wallet to be out of shape and bloated.

This adds additional and unnecessary stress on your wallet's leather, lining and areas with bends and folds... soon it will split, tear and then its gone...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah ish true... last time i also prefer with coins one.. then slowly change, collect all coins put insai pocket then go put tong kong. :o

cos now grow up liao cards more then coins.. rast time young ish coins more than cards..

still remember last time I will carry those power-ranger velcro wallet and built in zip for coins and then a rubber elastic hook to attach my wallet to my belt...

then everytime after school will run to the nearest mama shop and tong the coins for dragon-ballz cards :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.