The Watch Thread - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Such vitriol about AR coatings is something I need to dispel. There is a time and place for doubly-coated crystals -- a blanket statement denouncing them is not doing anyone a favor.

There are people against sapphire crystals, and AR coatings, now, but once upon a time, people were against automatic transmission and autofocus.

External AR
External AR
External AR

Wait till the day external AR is as good as sapphire crystal.....
I don't even trust sapphire crystal, I seen it get scratched up.
On my pam, on my rolex....
Plexiglass for the win!
BTW
You own a company that does AR or you invented it?

Lol

Last edited:

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Still useless to me..... I don't care how many methods are there for AR, it's not scratch proof then it's useless
Ya you may argue that sapphire isn't scratch proof at all, but crap happens to a sapphire crystal, you pretty much f it up big time.
But coating? Lol. It catches scratches easily, so easy.... And what happens? It looks ugly as hell. It's like, it's there but hey its not on the glass? So why use such a half a$$ tech?
Why use something on the outside when it can be done on the inside?
You know what's good? Plexiglass. Scratches on? Some poly watch will do the trick.

Tool watch = prepare to get it rough up (not as if we actually f it up) but if a tool watch catches scratches easily on the crystal which the main purpose of the watch is to tell the damn time at any angle which becomes hard to tell, it's useless.

I don't care how close or rather double AR allows us to see the dial like the crystal is not there. Useless tech that omega and sinn still uses it.

And sorry, I am not as technical as you, throwing all the scientific names around but to me personally, useless.

Not a engineer of any kind.

I don't like to see scratches.
Tool watch having external AR is useless.

Don't get me wrong, internal AR, by all means. It's good cause it can't be touched or scratched.

External AR = joke. If it's not scratch proof, don't bother.

I think you got me wrong, I meant external AR. Not the entirety of AR.
Do you have or own any watches with external AR? Serious qn, not trolling or indicating you cannot afford.
It looks like d1ck when it's f up.

External AR
External AR
External AR

Wait till the day external AR is as good as sapphire crystal.....
I don't even trust sapphire crystal, I seen it get scratched up.
On my pam, on my rolex....
Plexiglass for the win!
BTW
You own a company that does AR or you invented it?

Lol

what can I say... noob spotted.

AR for me, and for a lot of us, serves a functional purpose. So much so that we need AR coating on both sides of crystals if we were to wear a watch in for safety.

Being functional trumps any whiny concerns about "eeyer it looks ugly because there are scratches". :s22:

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

AR for me, and for a lot of us, serves a functional purpose. So much so that we need AR coating on both sides of crystals if we were to wear a watch in for safety.

Being functional trumps any whiny concerns about "eeyer it looks ugly because there are scratches". :s22:

chiu better prepare before his mob of supporters put chiu down...here chiu cant haf different opinion than tis ill mannered nut otherwise rike mad dog bite chiu no let go

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wLQYrGe.jpg

Loving the Helm Khuraburi.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have seen double sided AR coatings.

Don’t think it’s that much better than single sided lor?

edchys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sinn external AR coating was bad, had four U1 before. Out of the 4, 2 of the coating got scratches. Hit and miss I guess. My Breitling avenger seawolf the coating was good. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

Reaction score
chiu better prepare before his mob of supporters put chiu down...here chiu cant haf different opinion than tis ill mannered nut otherwise rike mad dog bite chiu no let go
Couldnt agree more, Darryl's army of followers are gonna bite you so hard. It's his way (opinion) or the highway. Btw Darryl is the most disrespectful,ill-mannered, profiteering and uneducated person on this thread. I don't know why he has so many followers...

reikizi

Reaction score
Sinn external AR coating was bad, had four U1 before. Out of the 4, 2 of the coating got scratches. Hit and miss I guess. My Breitling avenger seawolf the coating was good. No issues whatsoever.

should be hit and miss ba .. my Sinn U1 coating was excellent. no issue for the 4-5 years I owned it. Breitling AR coating was good too.. very clear. mine is superocean 42 (unsure is single or double)

RalliFTO

Reaction score

Agree on this. Had a Sinn U1 SDR too and it too had scratches on the external AR. Not very useful for a dive watch as it's just way too easy to get scratches when diving.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more, army of followers are gonna bite you so hard. It's his way (opinion) or the highway. Btw is the most disrespectful,ill-mannered, profiteering and uneducated person on this thread. I don't know why he has so many followers...
Wa nice clones. Is it you like to create your own followers and talk to yourself in the mirror. :p

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

May I know what functional use has it got for you?
To me, zero, useless. Waste of effort.
And how is that noob when it not functional to me?

Mai cock leh. Don't force it down on me that if it's functional to you then it must be functional for everyone. Everyone MUST loves AR.
MUST know the scientific terms of every single compounds or methods of AR.
If it's not, noooooooooooob

Lol joker

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more, Darryl's army of followers are gonna bite you so hard. It's his way (opinion) or the highway. Btw Darryl is the most disrespectful,ill-mannered, profiteering and uneducated person on this thread. I don't know why he has so many followers...

I am Satan.

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score

juz look at those clowns at teh watch forum carrying one another's balls and day in day out living their lives rotating round a watch muz show others if notch daily life no attention veri empty and incomplete hahahhaa

:s8: :s8:

edchys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is YOUR watch
you got to tell me
Tell you about??? You are the one who mentioned that I do not know a single thing about watch movement so I thought you can share and educate me. To my understanding, eta 2824 is not the best of movement but it's a workhorse movement. Can share what is wrong with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.