Master Member
Reaction score
Pale wrinkled with sparse hair shot

gO2RAa6.jpg

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
"Tool watch having external AR is useless."

May I know what functional use has it got for you?
To me, zero, useless. Waste of effort.
And how is that noob when it not functional to me?

Mai cock leh. Don't force it down on me that if it's functional to you then it must be functional for everyone. Everyone MUST loves AR.
MUST know the scientific terms of every single compounds or methods of AR.
If it's not, noooooooooooob

Lol joker

It may have been useless to you, but that's not useless. I was just pointing out that there are superior AR coating technologies around, of which you are oblivious, and that there's a group of niche users who needs the AR to be on both sides.

Just like dive bezels, or inner soft iron cage, or NASA space qualifications, they serve a very specific purpose. Then now I have jokers telling me that nah, because of aesthetics I don't want to have it. They are built for a purpose, if you don't like them, no one is forcing you to get it. Don't whine so much.

TL;DR: We need it, we get it. You don't like it, too bad.

Also, English lesson here: When you have no need for something, but that something serves an external purpose that is known to you, that is not considered useless. A misapplication of "useless" would be: gaoxing84 is useless because I don't buy new Rolexes above retail price.

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
chiu better prepare before his mob of supporters put chiu down...here chiu cant haf different opinion than tis ill mannered nut otherwise rike mad dog bite chiu no let go
It's very much okay for me. I can stand on my own two legs thank you very much.

It's really not a competition: versus a neophyte, I can sip on my Hibiki while composing reasoned responses with a technical understanding that's mystifying for him, but accessible to almost everyone else.

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
moi ish didn’t know there ish anything rong with pale wrinkle sparse hair

ish it peepur gorilla dark smooth and hairy af?

moi thinks ish bcos some clowns wants to join in teh watch forum but iq too low, so muz insults peepur, if notch daily life no attention veri empty and incomplete hahahhaa

fuggg... why am i typing like that, stupidity is contagious

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like to add something:

Horology is about the hard work that's put into designing a watch. Besides the design itself, hand-finishing, technical construction and materials research all go into the execution of a watch.

It is perhaps a pity that there is a paucity of coverage on most watch blogs on the technical discussion of the interaction of different watch components. I agree it may have been a difficult and boring subject to most, but compare this with the fervor of passionate vintage car lovers (the different types of cylinder design etc).

Behind the use of better materials (thermal invariance, magnetic susceptibility, elasticity etc), there is a lot of scientific and engineering input that is just as important as aesthetics.

To appreciate a watch is to acknowledge the watch in whole.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some days this place quite sian. Full of clowns and NASA qualified spacemen lording it over everyone :(

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Some days this place quite sian. Full of clowns and NASA qualified spacemen lording it over everyone :(
First, someone said the external AR on tool watches is useless.

I came in to say that, no, there is a use for them.

Bam, it becomes I'm possibly the AR inventor, having conflict of interests, and that someone insisting that I'm forcing everyone to love AR coatings. Now I'm a clown.

It's alright. It's better to be a clown who knows something anyway, than a wannabe who knows nothing yet takes pride in his ignorance.

Edit: The English comprehension of some here is simply... egregious. This is GP 101, someone makes a blanket statement, and every single JC student is supposed to know that it is untenable, and the standard response is to come up with a counter-example. While I might not have provided for a direct example, it is a curious matter that some view the bearer of news and technical expertise as being the overbearing one.

Last edited:

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score

Bam, it becomes I'm possibly the AR inventor, having conflict of interests, and that someone insisting that I'm forcing everyone to love AR coatings. Now I'm a clown.

It's alright. It's better to be a clown who knows something anyway, than a wannabe who knows nothing yet takes pride in his ignorance.

Edit: The English comprehension of some here is simply... egregious. This is GP 101, someone makes a blanket statement, and every single JC student is supposed to know that it is untenable, and the standard response is to come up with a counter-example. While I might not have provided for a direct example, it is a curious matter that some view the bearer of news and technical expertise as being the overbearing one.

I'm pretty sure the clown refers to the idiot with the broken english, but i'm not sure if you are the NASA qualified spacemen though?

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the clown refers to the idiot with the broken english, but i'm not sure if you are the NASA qualified spacemen though?
I'm not specifically NASA qualified, but I've worked on NASA projects before and now I work closely with colleagues who work on space-qualified hardware.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry. I not JC student. Not as Satki as spaceman.
Lolol
And I already ask? What use for it?
So your answer is?????

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Tool watch having external AR is useless."

It may have been useless to you, but that's not useless. I was just pointing out that there are superior AR coating technologies around, of which you are oblivious, and that there's a group of niche users who needs the AR to be on both sides.

Just like dive bezels, or inner soft iron cage, or NASA space qualifications, they serve a very specific purpose. Then now I have jokers telling me that nah, because of aesthetics I don't want to have it. They are built for a purpose, if you don't like them, no one is forcing you to get it. Don't whine so much.

TL;DR: We need it, we get it. You don't like it, too bad.

Also, English lesson here: When you have no need for something, but that something serves an external purpose that is known to you, that is not considered useless. A misapplication of "useless" would be: gaoxing84 is useless because I don't buy new Rolexes above retail price.

Satki. Engineer, then AR inventer, then English lecturer then suddenly spaceman.

Why you butt hurt sia?
It's useless to me. Serve no purpose to me.

If your English is damn Satki, then do you understand the meaning "to me"?
I clarified many times, what's your ***** problem?
Lol funny leh.

You can share knowledge, good for everyone.
But don't need to flaunt it and throw jargon around.

Annoying af

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Knn talk so much already but haven't tell me what purpose does external AR serve? Lol
No answer meh.
Come in throw words around. Kpkb.
Then suddenly become English lesson.
Then nasa astronauts come in.

But what does EXTERNAL AR DOES?
THE SUN TOO NEAR YOUR SPACESHIP AND YOU NEED EXTERNAL AR TO READ THE TIME AH?

bubblemunche

Reaction score

Horology is about the hard work that's put into designing a watch. Besides the design itself, hand-finishing, technical construction and materials research all go into the execution of a watch.

It is perhaps a pity that there is a paucity of coverage on most watch blogs on the technical discussion of the interaction of different watch components. I agree it may have been a difficult and boring subject to most, but compare this with the fervor of passionate vintage car lovers (the different types of cylinder design etc).

Behind the use of better materials (thermal invariance, magnetic susceptibility, elasticity etc), there is a lot of scientific and engineering input that is just as important as aesthetics.

I couldn't agree more.

You'll be glad to know that there are definitely members here who appreciate your insights. The sharing on AR was particularly enlightening, and I thank you for that.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Much wow.
Satki much.
Come I clap for you.
Lolol

Do you have a watch with external AR?
I like to know.

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Satki. Engineer, then AR inventer, then English lecturer then suddenly spaceman.

Why you butt hurt sia?
It's useless to me. Serve no purpose to me.

If your English is damn Satki, then do you understand the meaning "to me"?
I clarified many times, what's your ***** problem?
Lol funny leh.

You can share knowledge, good for everyone.
But don't need to flaunt it and throw jargon around.

Annoying af
It's okay don't be insecure please.

Mea culpa, I usually only speak to my intellectual peers. Pardon my inexperience.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's okay don't be insecure please.

Mea culpa, I usually only speak to my intellectual peers. Pardon my inexperience.

Lolololoooool.

OK. Still wondering why you so butt hurt when it's a personal preference?

And what's the use of a external AR? I need to know from our in-house professor.
3rd time I am raising my hands to ask that question
So I can be enlightened.

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well, you're entitled to your views.

Of course everything has a purpose, even Gollum in LOTR and bwaysaikryptonitehascancerenglish in HWZ Watch Thread.

But I think there's no reason or logic to bring in all sorts of chemistry when up till now, there has been no real response to these 2 points I made earlier on:

1) External AR coating is not as hard as a naked sapphire crystal, no matter what you do today; therefore, people who do not fancy scratches on their watch crystals are fully vindicated in disliking them or removing them altogether.

2) External AR coating actually doesn't offer that much in the way of AR, largely because you can do a good job on internal AR anyways. The returns you get on adding an external AR coating do diminish, and for some, the utility gained is simply not worth the perceived flaws that come with it.

Maybe here's a third one. You say you need external AR coating for safety.

3) Can kindly share the situations in which you might need it? Is it because you are drinking your Hibiki and can't be bothered to flick your wrist before your drink spills out? Is it because you're in Mission Impossible irl and are tied up, and need to time your escape before the bomb goes off?

And maybe a fourth, before I rest my case.

4) Who the hell buys a watch with specifications that they need? Are you saying that a non-diver should never get a diver watch, and complain about having a hardened mineral crystal even though a flooded watch underwater is less preferable to a scratched watch underwater? Are you saying that a person who never travels should never get a GMT? If not, why are you begrudging people who buy things with features that they don't need (like a Hibiki or any form of alcohol, I guess)? :s13::s13::s13:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.