Jin chio and shiny. Gxgx.
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #7952
Supremacy Member

Jin chio and shiny. Gxgx.
Thanks bro. Really like the result
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #7953

Nice Watch. By putting matching clothes in different styles with branded watches gives appreciate look
Old 16-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #7954

Absolutely loving this mod.
is your bezel insert recessed as compared to the crystal?
Old 16-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #7955
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi,
i've received a watch as gift from my gf and its automatic.
what can you advice for a automatic watch for a 1st time user? is a watch iwinder a must?
Whizdom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #7956

hi,
what can you advice for a automatic watch for a 1st time user? is a watch iwinder a must?
Welcome! I think there are two separate camps. I'm for leaving automatics to rot in a normal watch box, wind them up only when you need to wear lol.

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #7957

hi,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZu6...wMPSL&index=10

very important and informative video and it should be a must watch for all newbie Automatic watch owners
Old 16-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #7958
Great Supremacy Member

5th day and still not tired of this

arc13, rboyboy and Dolcefarniente like this.

GX spent a considerable amount of time and effort to help me get a watch I ultimately wasn't able to because I was too slow. He did me a solid when he didn't have to, and I've never even met the guy.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:10 PM   #7959
Supremacy Member

is your bezel insert recessed as compared to the crystal?
Well, it will be sunken in (or rather protrude out for flat crystal) for this design of bezel insert which is sloping. Mine is double dome sapphire, necessary to look normal as opposed to sticking to flat crystal.

Picture from dlw watches

cyberet likes this.

Last edited by cyrenic; 16-04-2018 at 10:16 PM..
Old 16-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #7960

Well, it will be sunken in (or rather protrude out for flat crystal) for this design of bezel insert which is sloping. Mine is double dome sapphire, necessary to look normal as opposed to sticking to flat crystal.
hhmmmm...i also got the same bezel insert and DD crystal. so we both have the same sunken insert but my crystal is more pronounced compared to yours.

Dolcefarniente likes this.

Last edited by karloil; 16-04-2018 at 10:45 PM..
karloil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:55 PM   #7961
Arch-Supremacy Member

Welcome! I think there are two separate camps. I'm for leaving automatics to rot in a normal watch box, wind them up only when you need to wear lol.

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
not wearing for long period of time , will the watch spoilt?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Whizdom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #7962
Supremacy Member

hhmmmm...i also got the same bezel insert and DD crystal. so we both have the same sunken insert but my crystal is more pronounced compared to yours.

Ya got different levels of dome lor, also whether got the little Seiko SKX style long kang between crystal and bezel.

It’s a long story for me. Basically I thought I had the right crystal times sapphire but the guy selling gave me the wrong piece.. That one would have been continuous actually, but quite ok with how it turned out. Mr Goh install his.

Your dome from DLW? Looks a bit too domed but also ok la. Everyone got own pref.

Last edited by cyrenic; 16-04-2018 at 11:09 PM..
Old 16-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #7963

Ya got different levels of dome lor. It’s a long story. Basically I thought I had the right crystal times sapphire but the guy selling gave me the wrong piece.. That one would have been continuous actually, but quite ok with how it turned out. Mr Goh install his.

Your dome from DLW? Looks a bit too domed but also ok la. Everyone got own pref.
only insert came from DLW but my DD came from Sunny (Carousell). still not that continuous though...i can feel the bezel metal wall - then the sunken insert - then the crystal. i wish it can still be more continuous. Will ask my modded to add more 3M to make the insert and the crystal more even.

not too much domed in my opinion (as compared to my other domed - that one looks like a Stadium )

Last edited by karloil; 16-04-2018 at 11:30 PM..
karloil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #7964
Supremacy Member

only insert came from DLW but my DD came from Sunny (Carousell). still not that continuous though...i can feel the bezel metal wall - then the sunken insert - then the crystal. i wish it can still be more continuous. Will ask my modded to add more 3M to make it the insert and the crystal more even.
Trouble is different sources.. Was it the CIS version? Sunny should be carrying Crystal Times.
Old 16-04-2018, 11:40 PM   #7965

Trouble is different sources.. Was it the CIS version? Sunny should be carrying Crystal Times.
its crystal times, yes, its the CIS version. i opted to get crystal times as i see a lot of people using them (albeit a bit more pricey, but i'm totally happy with how the crystal looks)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.