HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #2011

I think the brand would be more popular if they lowered their prices slightly. Having tried both of them on, this is a superb 39mm piece which I like more than the BB58.

Interesting perspective! Care to share what you like about it more than the BB58?

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:03 PM   #2012
Banned

Interesting perspective! Care to share what you like about it more than the BB58?

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
I think given that both are vintage-inspired re-issues, the Yema Superman just has a more distinct styling and that unique bezel locking mechanism at 3 o'clock. The case shape and the round domed mineral crystal also gives it a much more vintage look, much more so than the BB58. Of course, much of this is due to the fact that the Superman re-issue is almost a 1-to-1 adaptation of the original back in the 60s.

I think a way to sum it up would be that the BB58 to me is just a smaller Black Bay, while the Yema has its own look and appeal.
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #2013

bubblemunche and cichlid like this.
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #2014
Supremacy Member

I think given that both are vintage-inspired re-issues, the Yema Superman just has a more distinct styling and that unique bezel locking mechanism at 3 o'clock. The case shape and the round domed mineral crystal also gives it a much more vintage look, much more so than the BB58. Of course, much of this is due to the fact that the Superman re-issue is almost a 1-to-1 adaptation of the original back in the 60s.

I think a way to sum it up would be that the BB58 to me is just a smaller Black Bay, while the Yema has its own look and appeal.
How does the bezel lock work though?

Sorry, lazy to watch more watch videos and potentially poison myself, so ask here safer..
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #2015
Banned

How does the bezel lock work though?

Sorry, lazy to watch more watch videos and potentially poison myself, so ask here safer..
I meet and show it to you better, so can poison you in person!

But seriously, it isn't very practical if you're using it for diving and somehow want to rotate the bezel underwater. With the crown screwed down, the bezel is locked and cannot be rotated. Unscrewing the crown also disengages the lock (it's a clamp) so you can rotate the bezel. So you risk water compromise if you wanna rotate the bezel underwater. The whole concept is clunky and quirksome, and I love it all the more for it!
Old 13-10-2018, 01:09 AM   #2016
Banned

Saturday morning Superman.

cichlid, rboyboy and cyrenic like this.
Old 13-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #2017

cichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #2018

Morning
arc13 and bubblemunche like this.
mocca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #2019
Supremacy Member

I meet and show it to you better, so can poison you in person!

But seriously, it isn't very practical if you're using it for diving and somehow want to rotate the bezel underwater. With the crown screwed down, the bezel is locked and cannot be rotated. Unscrewing the crown also disengages the lock (it's a clamp) so you can rotate the bezel. So you risk water compromise if you wanna rotate the bezel underwater. The whole concept is clunky and quirksome, and I love it all the more for it!
I see, that's really cool! So I guess it's a clamp like thing that locks the bezel when pushed in.

Does make sense from the POV that when you've rotated the bezel above the water, you don't want it to move in the water, though if you've made a mistake then that'd be an issue.
Old 13-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #2020
Banned

I see, that's really cool! So I guess it's a clamp like thing that locks the bezel when pushed in.

Does make sense from the POV that when you've rotated the bezel above the water, you don't want it to move in the water, though if you've made a mistake then that'd be an issue.

Correct bro, the lock clamps down on the bezel once the crown is screwed in, so any bezel rotation is done before submersion. Prevents any accidental bezel rotation underwater. But anyways, as if I'm really going to be doing any diving with it haha! I just like this sort of clunky and quirky mechanism.

Still very much in the honeymoon phase with this piece. Brought it for a prata diving expedition earlier.

bubblemunche likes this.
Old 13-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #2021
Supremacy Member

Old 13-10-2018, 08:00 PM   #2022

On the topic of BB58, my first article for The Hour Glass was just uploaded and itís in regards to BB58! Check it out! https://www.thehourglass.com/new-wat...r-fifty-eight/
Old 13-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #2023

On the topic of BB58, my first article for The Hour Glass was just uploaded and itís in regards to BB58! Check it out! https://www.thehourglass.com/new-wat...r-fifty-eight/
Nicely done bro.
mpcdude likes this.
cichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #2024

bubblemunche likes this.
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #2025

Compellingly written, impressive!
mpcdude likes this.
bubblemunche is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.