Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pick one:

Daytona 116520 black (AN series, used)
GMT root beer half gold (BNIB)
GMT Pepsi steel (BNIB)

All almost same price.

Which one will you pick using heart/emotion?

Which one will you pick using head/logic?
Daytona, mainly is because of the lower production in steel and the damn long waiting list.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's more than just the winding mechanism, the efficiency of the escapement plays a role too.

Efficient escapement? do u mean inefficient escapement use more energy but the watch main spring is design to hold x hours. Care to explain the role?

Even if escapement is efficient, main spring not wind up. How does escapement run?

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Daytona, mainly is because of the lower production in steel and the damn long waiting list.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

After some serious thought today, am so leaning towards 116520, as I feel the GMT coloured bezels are kind of silly now. Hankering after the aluminium coloured inserts of a bygone era.

Used to own 116520 black but sold liao. Should I get the white now to complement these cousins?

IMG20190423021030.jpg

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap i swap out different watches depending on mood hence it's useful to me

If u can ensure it getting up to 70hr b4 u put away for 3days great.
If I not moving much can only say up to 38hrs then having 70hrs not useful. It would be useful if it has a power res indicator

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any rolex owner want to swap for a grand seiko? Lolx..looks ugly period
rVlxQaUl.png

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After some serious thought today, am so leaning towards 116520, as I feel the GMT coloured bezels are kind of silly now. Hankering after the aluminium coloured inserts of a bygone era.

Used to own 116520 black but sold liao. Should I get the white now to complement these cousins?

IMG20190423021030.jpg

Your photo taking skills is lol
Can't see crap.

GMT color bezel got use one. Not just for show.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Your photo taking skills is lol
Can't see crap.

GMT color bezel got use one. Not just for show.

Solly lah dai gor... Was viewing this thread at 2am then decided to come downstairs to my poolside for a smoke and snap what I thought was a romantic photo. I apologise if the downlights at my pool deck area were too dim.

Colour bezel is to indicate daylight and nighttime nia mah. Ya got use.

Last edited:

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Efficient escapement? do u mean inefficient escapement use more energy but the watch main spring is design to hold x hours. Care to explain the role?

Even if escapement is efficient, main spring not wind up. How does escapement run?
The mainspring determines how much elastic energy can be stored when the watch is fully wound -- for simplicity, the two factors are the "spring constant" and the length of the mainspring. Holding the two factors constant, you can still increase the power reserve of the watch by employing a more efficient escapement system, by, for example, having a more skeletonized balance wheel or employing materials with lower friction for the pallet jewels (or go coaxial, perhaps). The "cheating" way, of course, is to reduce the frequency of oscillation, from 4 Hz to 3.5 or even 3 Hz.

This means that for an automatic watch, the number of turns for winding (either by rotor or through the crown) can remain constant while having a longer power reserve by clever escapement design.

Hence,
How is 70hr power res useful? U don’t wear freq?
These days ppl with desk job if winding not efficient, 120hrs power res also not useful
isn't strictly true, because the number of turns can be the same (and hence the winding is exactly identical), while boasting a 60-70 hr power reserve.

Last edited:

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jin sat ki to have swimming pool at house downstairs

Solly lah dai gor... Was viewing this thread at 2am then decided to come downstairs to my poolside for a smoke and snap what I thought was a romantic photo. I apologise if the downlights at my pool deck area were too dim.

Colour bezel is to indicate daylight and nighttime nia mah. Ya got use.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Breil Navigation Watch today
wQ3PtGXl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.