HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #331

are speedmaster reduced as good as the professional ones? wrist size is only 6.5". wearing the professional seems to big on my wrist yet

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
Paging for cyrenic lol

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 08:47 PM   #332
Supremacy Member

are speedmaster reduced as good as the professional ones? wrist size is only 6.5". wearing the professional seems to big on my wrist yet

Pro should be ok unless lug to lug you cannot tank. 6” wrist here looks fine. But heng my wrist is flat.

I personally feel that the reduced is a good watch but you gotta be clear what you want. If you’re using the reduced as a substitute when you really want the Pro, cut the loss of selling the reduced and buy the Pro right away.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #333
Supremacy Member

Pro should be ok unless lug to lug you cannot tank. 6Ē wrist here looks fine. But heng my wrist is flat.

I personally feel that the reduced is a good watch but you gotta be clear what you want. If youíre using the reduced as a substitute when you really want the Pro, cut the loss of selling the reduced and buy the Pro right away.
Do also note the technically there is "2" movement (Chrono module) for the reduce, so servicing is not that cheap or straight forward.. do correct me if I am wrong.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #334
Supremacy Member

Do also note the technically there is "2" movement (Chrono module) for the reduce, so servicing is not that cheap or straight forward.. do correct me if I am wrong.
It’s more that most independent places do not want to service the reduced’s chrono module or something, think it’s a pain to dissemble.

But well, if you’re rich and want to service at Omega, they will do it for you at the same price that they charge for the Pro. Some people cannot stomach this as the servicing will then be ~50% of second hand prices.
Old 27-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #335

arc13, cichlid, Emospence and 1 others like this.
meabeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #336
Supremacy Member

Golden day...
Bro, if you can't find, the guy I bought my MM300 hands from is here:

https://sg.carousell.com/damonz

I'm sure you can find it somewhere in the corners of taobao for cheaper as I know he took it out from a China shipping box, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to dig through. On the bright side, the copy of hands I got had even and decent lume.

I suspect it's the same hands they use on the Sharkey MM300s that have green lume.
fade_white likes this.
Old 28-07-2018, 01:08 AM   #337
Master Member

So nothing before that?
Straight up ap?
that's the way the cookie crumbles?
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 02:18 AM   #338
Great Supremacy Member

that's the way the cookie crumbles?
so what makes you go up to AP straight up if its your first watch purchase?

have you done your research?

because many watch owners/lovers/enthusiast don't just go up to AP straight up.

wanna know what makes you do so
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 02:21 AM   #339
Great Supremacy Member

to me they're a waste of time. Why, because they're based on val 7750 movement. so basically you're buying the omega branding.

go for the speedy pro, why cause cal 1861. at least its omega in house movement.
not the same movement as cal 321 or 861 but at least it stays true to the omega moon conquest.
Old 28-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #340

Spinnaker Bradner

cichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #341
Supremacy Member

to me they're a waste of time. Why, because they're based on val 7750 movement. so basically you're buying the omega branding.

go for the speedy pro, why cause cal 1861. at least its omega in house movement.
not the same movement as cal 321 or 861 but at least it stays true to the omega moon conquest.
There’s a bunch of 40mm Speedmasters, yep mostly using 7750.. But I think Reduced is considered more tricky even though it’s got the closest look to Pro, cos it uses ETA 2892? with a chrono module slapped on.
Old 28-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #342
Master Member

so what makes you go up to AP straight up if its your first watch purchase?

have you done your research?

because many watch owners/lovers/enthusiast don't just go up to AP straight up.

wanna know what makes you do so
Nv research much lei, was looking for a 5711 back then cos i didnt know how hard it was to get one.. then led to the AP lol.

Nevertheless the royal oak is a very good watch for fengshui. As are the Patek 57xx, 516x etc. Theres the whole story about how Gerald Genta was partially influenced by the octogonial taoist/buddhist symbols while in Asia. Highly unbelievable but a charming tale anyway.

Plus, stainless steel watches have proven to hold value pretty well for the most part of 5 decades.. I also bought a 7118 for my partner on the same trip, and the collective value of these two watches (the 7118 for the most part), has risen well over 20% in the span of less than a year.

Sure the bubble may pop someday but you know, let the good times roll.
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 09:25 AM   #343
Great Supremacy Member

Nv research much lei, was looking for a 5711 back then cos i didnt know how hard it was to get one.. then led to the AP lol.

Nevertheless the royal oak is a very good watch for fengshui. As are the Patek 57xx, 516x etc. Theres the whole story about how Gerald Genta was partially influenced by the octogonial taoist/buddhist symbols while in Asia. Highly unbelievable but a charming tale anyway.

Plus, stainless steel watches have proven to hold value pretty well for the most part of 5 decades.. I also bought a 7118 for my partner on the same trip, and the collective value of these two watches (the 7118 for the most part), has risen well over 20% in the span of less than a year.

Sure the bubble may pop someday but you know, let the good times roll.
Wow. Didn't know much about watches or ever owned anything prior and you straight go to AP and PP. A little unbelievable.
Most watch nut will start from something on the lower end and build up to the holy trinity. You go straight in.
Old 28-07-2018, 09:27 AM   #344
Great Supremacy Member

Thereís a bunch of 40mm Speedmasters, yep mostly using 7750.. But I think Reduced is considered more tricky even though itís got the closest look to Pro, cos it uses ETA 2892? with a chrono module slapped on.
I think so. I think if someone wanna own a speedy.
Go for the speedy pro. The price difference isn't that much to start with.
That's the only speedmaster you will ever need to own if you only need one.
DXMachina likes this.
Old 28-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #345
Great Supremacy Member

2nd JLC event with sincere watches.
Talked to the managing director of JLC Asia. Great guy! No airs or whatsoever. Even asked for a photo with us at the booth. He even went the extend to teach my friend how to set his jlc master compressor geographic.
Asked me to send him a link for uncle seiko tropic rubber strap because it's on my deepsea alarm and he thinks it's nice. Said it's a great watch and hard to find one at a great price. Keeper liao. JLC MD say Satki.
He say he's a watch lover and not only buy jlc becsuse he's with jlc, he is interested in all watchmakers, keeping a open mind and can learn more from other brands.

Then I got this after the event. Got it at a good price and it was available. No 3 months wait.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 28-07-2018 at 09:33 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.