Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2019, 09:19 PM   #3631
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks! I jus saw Bambino 4th Generation … it looks fabulous
No Problem.

I bought the one with champagne coloured face.

It has the look of the wall clock hang in the wall during 70s / 80s.
You Cannot be No 1 in Everything But You Must Be No 1 in Something
Put Space & ' on Impossible To Become I'M Possible
PingJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 02:22 AM   #3632

THE MURPH WATCH IS FINALLY OUT!

but they just have to make it 42mm, way too big for my wrist. if its a 38mm, I will definitely get it.
danielkok and allanzzz like this.
Old 15-02-2019, 08:47 AM   #3633
Supremacy Member

Kyo_kusanagi86 and reikizi like this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #3634
Arch-Supremacy Member

THE MURPH WATCH IS FINALLY OUT!

Spoiler!

but they just have to make it 42mm, way too big for my wrist. if its a 38mm, I will definitely get it.
Are you expecting its small? trend 40mm at least iirc. if true to vintage size not sure can sell
https://shop.hodinkee.com/blogs/jour...ki-field-murph
If you've seen the feature film, then you know that the wristwatch gifted to Murph Cooper by her father is much more than just a great-looking, vintage-inspired military piece. Handed to Murph by Joseph Cooper, a NASA pilot, right as he is about to embark on a mission to a faraway galaxy, the watch is a totem of the love between a father and a daughter and, in the end, the method through with the story reaches its climax. Leaving the watch with her, Joseph tells Murph that upon his return from the mission the two can compare the time on their respective watches to see how his intergalactic travel may have caused them to diverge.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #3635
Banned

最好不要到本地。。。

。。。不然我的錢包要換新的了!!!
cichlid likes this.
Ed.YEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #3636

CNY Day 11
arc13, discoburg and cyrenic like this.
reikizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 12:54 PM   #3637
Supremacy Member

No recommendations???
Wish to service my Bell & Ross BR01-92. Where should I send it for servicing other then AD?
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #3638

reikizi and bubblemunche like this.
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #3639

最好不要到本地。。。

。。。不然我的錢包要換新的了!!!
What watch is this?
mirage_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #3640
Supremacy Member

What watch is this?
Swatch Fly Magic. Think announced today or yesterday.

Sistem 51 based, can't seem to find much info yet, but doesn't seem serviceable like Sistem 51..
Old 15-02-2019, 03:52 PM   #3641
Banned

...doesn't seem serviceable like Sistem 51..

后蓋可以開。這次的上鏈陀在錶盤正面。
Ed.YEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #3642
Supremacy Member

后蓋可以開。這次的上鏈陀在錶盤正面。
But the movement is based off the Sistem 51 which I recall was not designed to be serviced.

I guess they could adopt a movement replacement approach.
Old 15-02-2019, 05:20 PM   #3643

最好不要到本地。。。

。。。不然我的錢包要換新的了!!!
CHF1500 500 pieces limited AP collaboration
Kyo_kusanagi86 likes this.

Last edited by springonion; 15-02-2019 at 05:22 PM..
springonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 03:17 AM   #3644

Hi guys, just wanted to share my bad experience buying a Breitling Navitimer from watches of Switzerland (paragon outlet). Recently purchased this piece before CNY. I'll try my best to keep this short.

Purchased this luxury piece from their outlet the Friday before CNY. Within a few days, I realized that the watch was running super fast (gaining 5 secs everyminute), contacted the outlet and they told me to bring it down to the Breitling service center myself to get it checked out.

I took my own time off work to travel down to the service center (which was only open during weekdays working hours) and the service center said that the watch had an out of position hairspring, which was usually caused by excessive winding or hard knocks to the watch, all of which was not typical of a new watch. I am certain I did not cause any of this. They said after repairing it will be 'as good as new' but repair time takes 2 weeks.

Also, service center noted some "fine lines on the caseback, bezel, clasp and case", which they said was typical for any watch put on display - this i'm not so angry about i guess.

Hearing this I was pretty pissed and frustrated at the authorized dealer for selling me such a product which was admittedly defective in the first place. The authorized dealer said that they are looking into it but it's been a couple of days and still no reply.

My question here is what would you do if put in a similar situation? Right now the problem is fixable but will take 2 weeks and it should be 'as good as new' as informed by the breitling service center. But is it really logical for me to pay so much money to the AD to buy a watch that is defective and take my own time to bring it to service myself? Should a refund be in order? What other forms of recourse would you seek?

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
yeerk009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #3645
Supremacy Member

Every watch, no matter how expensive, has a chance of being a lemon. It's hard to say when the problem was introduced, and difficult to determine who was the cause - could very well be Breitling, rather than WoS.

I'm not sure it is reasonable to expect the retailer to be able to check every sold watch to ensure that it is running on time.

But was the discount substantial? Did you get a display set with higher discount (since you don't seem fazed by the fine lines?)? Actually, why didn't you ask the retailer if they can give you a new piece right away if there's stock, if it's clear that you did not cause the problem?

That said, my caveat is that I've never purchased any luxury piece from a retailer, all of mine are second hand pieces so not sure if they would swap out a piece for you.

Last edited by cyrenic; 16-02-2019 at 07:14 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.