The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the hoot. May I ask how does it wear compared to the regular watches you have? Say for example the sizes you currently own?

Sent from Kaypochee using GAGT
Absolutely no problem with the 41 mm size, although I still feel it's quite thick. More important, it looks damn cool so there's that!

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
No money for Tudor or Rolex. Sharing my humble NWA. Shall get the crystal changed first. Pardon the messy table.

d4mf0wp.jpg

H0cusP0cus

Reaction score
My fiancée parents wants to get gold for me in return for the Si dian Jin and ping jin my parents are about to give her.

They asked my fiancée to check with me my preference and with no disrespect, I don’t like the idea of buying gold and keeping it in the safe and was suggesting to my fiancée of a second hand Rolex circa 1993 (my birth year) instead that would certainly be more meaningful.

I know the hunt for that special watch will take a long time(we still have 6 months) Question is other than carousell, what other sites should I look at to find such a watch?

I’m looking at a watch that is >36mm around the price of $3k-$5k (their budget) and the initial search shown me that datejust is doable. Any models the experienced folks here can recommend?

Edit: or any recommendations for shops with wide collection of used Rolex?

Last edited:

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No money for Tudor or Rolex. Sharing my humble NWA. Shall get the crystal changed first. Pardon the messy table.

d4mf0wp.jpg

Handsome watch! Seiko is good! Seiko make their own movements!

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought Rolex all made of brass leh.

their gold model not bronze meh?
lol

some people really buay hiao means buay hiao. sometimes its ok not to know.
but don't anyhow zham and act like sexpert.

1 time say wrong, give change but he wanna ti ti guan lan.

now second time, see how he wanna save it.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My fiancée parents wants to get gold for me in return for the Si dian Jin and ping jin my parents are about to give her.

They asked my fiancée to check with me my preference and with no disrespect, I don’t like the idea of buying gold and keeping it in the safe and was suggesting to my fiancée of a second hand Rolex circa 1993 (my birth year) instead that would certainly be more meaningful.

I know the hunt for that special watch will take a long time(we still have 6 months) Question is other than carousell, what other sites should I look at to find such a watch?

I’m looking at a watch that is >36mm around the price of $3k-$5k (their budget) and the initial search shown me that datejust is doable. Any models the experienced folks here can recommend?

Edit: or any recommendations for shops with wide collection of used Rolex?
Try ebay and chrono 24. Bought watches from there before, just got to factor in the gst though.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol

It has to be brass. Brass goes well with acrylic crystals on the Rolex modern models. :s13:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GgQXpO4.jpg

The Pelagos is made of aluminium and has a meteorite bezel. Really light on the wrist. :s13:

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
lol

I don't know wtf you guys laughing about bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.