HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #4696
High Supremacy Member

cb no link leh, say you been there in the 90s. i also what. got link to anything you say?
btw
sg ppl satki one. even economy no good, everyone can shell out money to buy cars, houses and satki watches.

cb, you already say a couple of years back. knn now can you show me the way to buy a 6k non ceramic sub date?

wtf, 6k is now my budget into the watch world, what can i buy for 6k. knn u ask me save another 8k just to buy a sub date. nabei, need wait how long sia. somemore i may not like the sub date unless i buy for the brand and resale value.
but if buying something i don't like at my stage of life. buy for fk. keep at home?
lol

nao hia, now or never. ti ti save. might as well say save till a PP 5980

but 5980 no kick got for 5970. or not better, grandmaster chime la. diu.

anyhow recommend people.
Let's revisit this thread again in 2 to 3 years shall we. Let's see what $6k can buy us then. Maybe a Rolex sports ceramic pre-owned.

Tiongland already kena hoot half fug jialat by AMDK liao. And AMDK themselves also half fug economically. 2018 watch industry report was abysmal. 2019 predicted to be gloomy. Let's see what happens in 2020, 2021, 2022 ba.

Maybe you can save the world single handedly then, buy up all the watches, keep the prices up, so that the noobs who buy Tudor at $6k remain happy and satisfied.

Last edited by fatbastardx; 08-05-2019 at 08:08 AM..
fatbastardx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:56 AM   #4697
Supremacy Member

After reading wise man advice, I pray to gods for 5 days 5 night, go temple ask for prediction of resale value... Until I was told that the resale value won't lose too much money else I will be poor forever, then I buy this Orient..

Oddky enough, I bought so many watches over the years, lost some money earn some.. Don't feel poorer and never sit one corner and cry and ask people buy Rolex only.

Still say very experienced, last time Panerai how hot, who knows what Rolex will be tomorrow.
arc13 likes this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #4698
High Supremacy Member

After reading wise man advice, I pray to gods for 5 days 5 night, go temple ask for prediction of resale value... Until I was told that the resale value won't lose too much money else I will be poor forever, then I buy this Orient..

Oddky enough, I bought so many watches over the years, lost some money earn some.. Don't feel poorer and never sit one corner and cry and ask people buy Rolex only.

Still say very experienced, last time Panerai how hot, who knows what Rolex will be tomorrow.
Rolex price will come down. That's for sure.

The $6k someone pays for his Tudor today, may buy him a sports Rolex some time down the line. May be pre-owned with full set, but still a Rolex. Compared to a Tudor for the same money.

Yes, you are right. See Panerai. However there is a huge difference between Rolex and Panerai regarding brand value and management. BTW, you compare Panerai to Rolex is like comparing Kia to Toyota leh. Kia may be flying high now cos of hype and design, but that's all they have. Once they lose that, they will shut down. They do not have a strong heritage and fundamentally they are just a new car company with money and marketing. Toyota is like Rolex, huge, well managed, industry leader, strong heritage and corporate values.

Last edited by fatbastardx; 08-05-2019 at 08:15 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 AM   #4699
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sure. Can intro me?

In life there are winners and losers lah.

Having been a loser before holding all these worthless watches from fugged up brands, I don't want to repeat my mistake.

You can go bring all the newbies here to horlan ba. At the same time, you can console them "dont sell, no lose!" "Watch collection is a hobby, not investment!"

You all can sit together staring at your fools gold equivalent of watches bought for passion and w@nk each other off and cum ba.
Oh man winner or loser everything also must compare.
U lead a happy life? Wall of text here much be a happy winner

Sentimental value is for losers
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #4700
High Supremacy Member

Oh man winner or loser everything also must compare.
U lead a happy life? Wall of text here much be a happy winner

Sentimental value is for losers
You wanna go horlan you can go yourself mah...why need to bring newbies with you? You like to sinkie pwn sinkie?

"It's a hobby, not investment! Just buy what you like la!"

"Don't sell, no lose!". <----- fugged up logic, but since it's from well-respected forummer, it must be right
Old 08-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #4701
High Supremacy Member

Rolex price will come down. That's for sure.

The $6k someone pays for his Tudor today, may buy him a sports Rolex some time down the line. May be pre-owned with full set, but still a Rolex. Compared to a Tudor for the same money.

Yes, you are right. See Panerai. However there is a huge difference between Rolex and Panerai regarding brand value and management. BTW, you compare Panerai to Rolex is like comparing Kia to Toyota leh. Kia may be flying high now cos of hype and design, but that's all they have. Once they lose that, they will shut down. They do not have a strong heritage and fundamentally they are just a new car company with money and marketing. Toyota is like Rolex, huge, well managed, industry leader, strong heritage and corporate values.
end of conversation liao, you just shot yourself in the foot with this phrase.

either that or you are another one of those self delusional joker
Old 08-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #4702
High Supremacy Member

Not everything is resale value, but do you want to come out of ownership of it looking like a fool? A fool and his money are soon parted, my friend.
lol then you really don't know GS.

not everything is resale value.

want resale value, put money in some investment portfolio or properties and wear a gshock. fat ah fat
ya man, why not just bu ya gshock or casio?
why spend thousands on a rolex when u can just spend $30 on a more accurate watch?

Old 08-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #4703
High Supremacy Member

You wanna go horlan you can go yourself mah...why need to bring newbies with you? You like to sinkie pwn sinkie?

"It's a hobby, not investment! Just buy what you like la!"

"Don't sell, no lose!". <----- fugged up logic, but since it's from well-respected forummer, it must be right
ahyo, do your self reflection elsewhere s
Old 08-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #4704
High Supremacy Member

end of conversation liao, you just shot yourself in the foot with this phrase.

either that or you are another one of those self delusional joker
Why leh? Ya it's like Kia what, they existed long ago but only got resurrected thru some silly hype of Sly Stallone and some vague legend of Italian military divers. Then Richemont went in, wham bam, made it huge and made a lot of money, then lost the plot. Now beginning to fall back into obscurity again.

You want to compare to the solid corporation that is Rolex?!

Last edited by fatbastardx; 08-05-2019 at 08:41 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #4705
High Supremacy Member

Nice orient. Is the kano out already?
Old 08-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #4706
Supremacy Member

Nice orient. Is the kano out already?
Long ago leh
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #4707
High Supremacy Member

just got a solid wood watch case from JW today. $89 bucks

looks solid. can store big watches like big pilot or panerai up to 47mm

Just by this watch case alone, can tell you like to lose money liao.

Those IWC... Wonder how much you paid for them? LOL..

Lucky got that AP ROC.

Wonder if you have another two or three cases of worthless watches?

Hey where are your big hitters?

So far I see only one AP ROC. That's not a baller watch, easily affordable. You talk so big, you must have more, right? Come show us leh.

Last edited by fatbastardx; 08-05-2019 at 09:29 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #4708
High Supremacy Member

https://www.chrono24.com/search/inde...goal_suggest=1

So many for sale.... Hope the global crisis arrives sooner than later!
Old 08-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #4709
Supremacy Member

i must be a loser to get so many rubbish, with my money losing taobao watch box

iV3RsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #4710

so after reading for quite awhile the conclusion is no buy no loss? since no matter buy which one when economy go sour all the price will drop regardless of which brand right.. nothing is safe
Zijin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.