HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #4756
Great Supremacy Member

^ offer you 1500, deal at your convenience.

Sent from HUAWEI HMA-L29 using GAGT
Wah gg but now no need sell.
I still left about 100 in bank. Can tank me for another week
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #4757
High Supremacy Member

In 2009,

5 pieces of IWC at $6k each = $30k

1 piece of PP 5711 blue dial at $30k each = $30k (that time only got blue dial for 5711 steel)

Assuming the owners hold the above watches until now, need money, want to sell.

In 2019,

5 pieces of 10 year old IWC at $3k each = $15k (assuming you sell yourself, if sell to dealer he will offer you $2k each nia)

1 piece of 10 year old 5711 blue dial at = $70k (very conservative estimate)

It is simple arithmetic. Instead of buying 5 small-time watches, save up to buy one big-time one. It will pay off down the road.

Besides, you can only wear one watch out at any time unless you bring along your watch case with you on the road and show people..(siao Lang) So at any one time, people only see what you are wearing at the moment. They don't know you have another 4 pieces of IWC at home

In EDMW parlance, "go big, or go home"

Last edited by fatbastardx; 08-05-2019 at 04:47 PM..
fatbastardx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #4758
Great Supremacy Member

^ Kum Lan hao.lian spotted

Who will buy all 6k iwc.
Unless fan. Sigh. Fking dumb sia this guy
Old 08-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #4759

A bunch of adults.gave me so much hope.discussion here got dragon and phoenix.but I ask a simple request. Can anyone recommend me a local website other than rolexsg where there's active sales of luxury watches, it's ignored....
micgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #4760
Great Supremacy Member

A bunch of adults.gave me so much hope.discussion here got dragon and phoenix.but I ask a simple request. Can anyone recommend me a local website other than rolexsg where there's active sales of luxury watches, it's ignored....
You cannot GOOGLE?
Cannot to walk around far east or bugis bencoolen?
Or used carousell? Tsk.

Need spoon feed anot.

What era already. No need to dig classified la
Old 08-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #4761
High Supremacy Member

its all the same group of people selling.

facebook there's few groups for watch trading but u see familar usernames in most of the grp.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #4762

Lao uncle here not debate .uncle here want to buy a Rolex submariner since uncle here got my retiree fund to get something I been wanting since a kid
Old 08-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #4763
High Supremacy Member

^ Kum Lan hao.lian spotted

Who will buy all 6k iwc.
Unless fan. Sigh. Fking dumb sia this guy
Example only. Can be $6k each of IWC, Panerai, Rolex, Cartier, FM, JLC, Blancpain, UN, etc etc etc (the cheaper pre-owned models for the last 3)

Last edited by fatbastardx; 08-05-2019 at 04:53 PM..
Old 08-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #4764
High Supremacy Member

Lao uncle here not debate .uncle here want to buy a Rolex submariner since uncle here got my retiree fund to get something I been wanting since a kid
AD selling at $11k.

If you mai hiam, can get a pre-owned mint condition one outside for $13k+, 14k overseas AD
Old 08-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #4765
Supremacy Member

carousell

thank me later
iV3RsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:55 PM   #4766

You cannot GOOGLE?
Cannot to walk around far east or bugis bencoolen?
Or used carousell? Tsk.

Need spoon feed anot.

What era already. No need to dig classified la
Sorry uncle don't know.uncle also recently just look into rolex.cause uncle all the while keeping patek buy first hand.now want to try see if uncle wrist can fit submariner two tone nicely anot.

And uncle did some google.only carousell rolexsg and facebook.not much other places online.so thought you smart.always share alot.endup you also not smart,using same search engine as uncle .hahaha
Old 08-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #4767

AD selling at $11k.

If you mai hiam, can get a pre-owned mint condition one outside for $13k+, 14k overseas AD
But from AD cheaper right ?but is it because no stock that's why no choice have to buy 13-14k?
Old 08-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #4768
Supremacy Member

Watch collecting is a hobby to me, not an investment.

If want to invest all buy amazon stock when it was cheap cheap surely good yield.

Like many of my hobbies, I lose money. But the hobby gained me happiness at some point in time and that's enuff.

Losing few ks over a few years is typical for most hobbies. Be it watching movies, collecting toys, playing camera or hp go hokiday holiday etc, not everything can be measured in monetary gains.

Making mistakes in buying selling is also part of the journey till you will reach a zen and equilibrium state.

Life is short. Go for the things you love within your means. As long as u not Rob steal beg to own the watch...
AyuReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #4769
High Supremacy Member

Sorry uncle don't know.uncle also recently just look into rolex.cause uncle all the while keeping patek buy first hand.now want to try see if uncle wrist can fit submariner two tone nicely anot.

And uncle did some google.only carousell rolexsg and facebook.not much other places online.so thought you smart.always share alot.endup you also not smart,using same search engine as uncle .hahaha
You wearing Patek liao why wanna buy TT sub? A bit not fitting your status la uncle.

Arboh you buy my TT GMT2C mai? Local AD, b and p. Good price for you. Well taken care of all these years.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #4770
Great Supremacy Member

Uncle buay hiao. Learn.
Don't come here lj Wei.many many
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.