HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #481
Supremacy Member

Interestingly, my first Speedy Tuesday was slightly marred by my spotting that the chrono pushers on mine were slightly different in length. After various combinations of Googling for the cause, I found that "speedmaster pusher caps protruding" gave me the answer. Right now, my start/stop pusher is definitely problematic. From comparison to pictures, it's definitely more pushed in than usual, and after reading descriptions, I realize that it's loose and I can push it up further if I so desire. I'm not sure if there's any issue with the reset pusher, but it looks closer to what should be correct..

I guess I'll be dropping the watch off at Omega Service Centre to fix this issue, which relates to the screw within the case that attaches the pusher cap coming loose. Everything is functional, but most people's advice for this issue was to get it fixed before the pusher cap dropped off, or water resistance was compromised. On the bright side, thankfully my watch came with warranty, else I'd be contacting the seller now.
gaoxing84 likes this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 AM   #482

Actually this watch does not have the high tech movement in the Defy Lab. Its under the same range but uses the more common elite mvmt.

Defy movement is power
springonion likes this.
snowver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #483
Banned

Interestingly, my first Speedy Tuesday was slightly marred by my spotting that the chrono pushers on mine were slightly different in length. After various combinations of Googling for the cause, I found that "speedmaster pusher caps protruding" gave me the answer. Right now, my start/stop pusher is definitely problematic. From comparison to pictures, it's definitely more pushed in than usual, and after reading descriptions, I realize that it's loose and I can push it up further if I so desire. I'm not sure if there's any issue with the reset pusher, but it looks closer to what should be correct..

I guess I'll be dropping the watch off at Omega Service Centre to fix this issue, which relates to the screw within the case that attaches the pusher cap coming loose. Everything is functional, but most people's advice for this issue was to get it fixed before the pusher cap dropped off, or water resistance was compromised. On the bright side, thankfully my watch came with warranty, else I'd be contacting the seller now.
That's a bummer. I didn't even know there's this issue until you mentioned it. Luckily there's warranty and you get to have the watch looked at for any other potential niggles by Omega themselves. Hope you get it back soon to enjoy!
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #484
Banned

Nothing like the smell of rubber in the morning!

Old 01-08-2018, 10:24 AM   #485

Talking

weekday watch

arc13, cyberet, reikizi and 8 others like this.

Last edited by accman; 01-08-2018 at 10:32 AM..
accman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #486
Master Member

Nothing like the smell of rubber in the morning!
how to change strap without damaging the lugs bro
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #487
Supremacy Member

That's a bummer. I didn't even know there's this issue until you mentioned it. Luckily there's warranty and you get to have the watch looked at for any other potential niggles by Omega themselves. Hope you get it back soon to enjoy!
Thanks!

Hope to get it back before my holiday, not to bring along, but want to try the watch out on the new straps beforehand.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #488
Banned

I have slight scratches on the underside of my lugs so I'm hardly the best person to dish out advice haha! But the best precaution is to tape up your lugs before letting your springbar tool anywhere near. I just find it to be too much of a hassle everytime I do a strap change, and that happens a lot in my case.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #489
Great Supremacy Member

If you change get straps as often as him.
After awhile you don't give a hoot about it anymore.
paul02 likes this.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #490
Master Member

If you change get straps as often as him.
After awhile you don't give a hoot about it anymore.
Im fine with scratches, but dont want to actively cause any hahaha
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #491

arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #492
Supremacy Member

Im fine with scratches, but dont want to actively cause any hahaha
Scratches are unavoidable after a certain point..

Tape is the way to minimize, but unwieldy as it can move around.

I often just use a plastic piece to push spring bars in, as it’s much less likely to scratch compared to metal on metal. For taking out the risk is much lower.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #493

Home sweet home!

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
arc13 and cyrenic like this.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #494
Master Member

New watch kym?

gaoxing84, yeswecan and cyrenic like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #495

New watch kym?

Very Stealth! Look like Tron sia! Where did you get it from?
yeswecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.