HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree5783Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2018, 11:15 PM   #616
Master Member

Cucumbers/pickles served as appetizers? where's the place? See too many watches, end up noticing the background...
Ya, at LeNu, can order as a set
Old 06-08-2018, 11:52 PM   #617
Supremacy Member

ya, mongram stuff if small, its really un-noticeable.
those who don't know probably think its from some cheap wallet shop. LOL.

the red LV is pretty loud and if you're in formal setting, you probably won't use that. weekends yes.

i bought that because its a first collab done by 2 giants - both in streetwear and high end designer brand
Even if you want to use that wallet in an office setting it’s your prerogative la. It’s not like you’re using a plastic bag.. Now that would definitely raise eyebrows.

I think people these days are a lot more open minded. Frankly, there’s nothing wrong with luxury goods and/or colors. I cannot think of any normal balanced office environment where people would gossip or exclaim about this sort of thing. In some parts of the private sector (and not just banks) money is used for far more excessive things like Michelin star welcome lunches..
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:03 AM   #618
Great Supremacy Member

Even if you want to use that wallet in an office setting it’s your prerogative la. It’s not like you’re using a plastic bag.. Now that would definitely raise eyebrows.

I think people these days are a lot more open minded. Frankly, there’s nothing wrong with luxury goods and/or colors. I cannot think of any normal balanced office environment where people would gossip or exclaim about this sort of thing. In some parts of the private sector (and not just banks) money is used for far more excessive things like Michelin star welcome lunches..
i think in an office settings, if you're a lower end employee say a jr exec and you wear a rollie, ppl might say crap behind your back.
that's old school la.

nowadays, all wanna chiong luxury stuff, become a comparison game or if you're lucky, it becomes a hobby you share with your peers at work.

anyway its just a wallet, prada/lv/bottega all these are like lup sup now. lol

u go CBD, everyone is using such wallets. nothing much.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:34 AM   #619
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think in an office settings, if you're a lower end employee say a jr exec and you wear a rollie, ppl might say crap behind your back.
that's old school la.

nowadays, all wanna chiong luxury stuff, become a comparison game or if you're lucky, it becomes a hobby you share with your peers at work.

anyway its just a wallet, prada/lv/bottega all these are like lup sup now. lol

u go CBD, everyone is using such wallets. nothing much.
Ever since I had mine as a daily beater, I notice how people look at me or treat me. Quite an interesting social experiment.
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:37 AM   #620
Arch-Supremacy Member

OT abit but this is what i have now

For me is BIFL Saddleback. 5 years and still going strong.

gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 AM   #621

This is funny

Eh, cyrenic, wallet inspection timing has been changed to 7am tomorrow morning. Fall in outside the pantry. Make sure you kiwi your wallet and starch your white collar
snowver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #622

reikizi and rboyboy like this.
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #623

Ok, I'm not into wallets, nor do I know much about wallet brands, and I use a plain wallet, but I actually don't think the first two would warrant a second glance from any co-worker.

As for red and LV, well, it's kinda like a Rolex, which is also "loud" in its own sense, depending on where you work.
The world have changed bro.....When the red LV/Sup shows up, people tend to first impression think its fake. When the other 2 shows up, thats when the eyeballing game begins......
bryando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #624

anyone using Watch Winder?
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #625
Great Supremacy Member

The world have changed bro.....When the red LV/Sup shows up, people tend to first impression think its fake. When the other 2 shows up, thats when the eyeballing game begins......
lol ask them to smell the leather..... bring it to their nose.
bryando likes this.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #626

lol ask them to smell the leather..... bring it to their nose.
Thats just the hypebeast mentality nowadays.....when the youngsters see anyone with better stuffs than they themselves, they just brush off that the other person is wearing fakes.....gone are the days when people appreciate others in the same game.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #627
Supremacy Member

#speedytuesday
bubblemunche likes this.
couscous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #628
Great Supremacy Member

Thats just the hypebeast mentality nowadays.....when the youngsters see anyone with better stuffs than they themselves, they just brush off that the other person is wearing fakes.....gone are the days when people appreciate others in the same game.
Ahh those were the days at cine and far east where style check is mandatory. Better bring your A game there.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #629

Ahh those were the days at cine and far east where style check is mandatory. Better bring your A game there.
ha. Nowadays I prefer to bring my A game when I travel.....more fun and its a great way to interact with the locals there......but thats only clothes and shoegame, still not there yet to play watch game overseas, ha
Old 07-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #630
Master Member

I think SG is less on the ball in terms of watch game compared to Hk.. by a pretty wide margin too.

Hk every morning on the MTR to central (their cbd) in every train carriage there are at least a few rolexes.. mostly black subc and sub date.. yesterday alone i noticed two patek wearing neighbors at my service apartment lobby.. both 5712s... amazing.. then again, it was the first time every I saw anything from the nautilus range on someones wrist here after two years...
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.