Not open for further replies.

darkdevil

Master Member
Reaction score
there's alot of watches under 1k.

it depends what you're looking for.
dress, sports
then it breaks down again.

looking more for dress watch (chains). I already shortlisted Seiko SBDC053. now still looking around this thread to get "inspiration" :s13::s13:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking more for dress watch (chains). I already shortlisted Seiko SBDC053. now still looking around this thread to get "inspiration" :s13::s13:
Technically a dress watch should be worn on leather. SBDC053 is more like a sports style (diver) watch. :)

For 1K and a bona fide dress watch, I would look at Christopher Ward, or Seiko enamel dial. Assuming you want to push your budget.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Still prefer the SNZF17 though. Where is a good place to get them? K2, The Bencoolen(3D/Wins United) or online?

Any good recommendations of straps I can get too?
This kind of question only you can answer leh. But same set of considerations applies for any small goods actually.

You want to touch the watch in person? Or make sure everything align swee swee? Then shop better. Usually you pay more cos like that lor, people assume you go shop means want to help them pay rent.

You want best price? Most of the time, second hand is best. You wear the piece, at this price range especially doesn’t really matter, you will trash it a bit more, having some scratches on it liao never mind. Also, at this price range the chances of fake watch is extremely low. But the differential between new and old for this range also going to be less.

In between is online.

Better to learn and develop your own value system. Surely when people choose wives they also don’t ask online where to get, dunno why watch must ask. Everyone is different. I get my watches from a mix of the above..

Last edited:

freewilly5000

Reaction score
I’m a watch noob - looking into getting a Rolex. Is the price cheaper in Europe? Heard Singapore is now same price....

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Still prefer the SNZF17 though. Where is a good place to get them? K2, The Bencoolen(3D/Wins United) or online?

i would go to k2. his prices cheaper. but no box, just watch and receipt
warranty by k2.

if not wrong it's less than 220.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SBDC053 unfortunately is rubber strap.
SBDC051 is black dial with bracelet.
both are excellent choices.

if not you can try these
mm200 (https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/seiko-prospex-spb077-spb079-hands-on)
images

seiko sumo
SBDC033-2.jpg

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you.

I can let go mine to you for a good price if you want. Super mint condition too.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All I know is that real watch lovers don’t use the value of watch to represent penis length.

There is horological value in a lowly F91 or G Shock or Orient Bambino. Better a lover who appreciates this, than a snob who’s just about who’s got the most expensive watch collection.

and starts off with a AP, satki mens

julescasa

Reaction score
hi pros here, i'm looking to buy an entry level nomos watch to celebrate my next stage in life. however budget is low so looking at the manual winding ones. should be 2+k?

official website says there is the ludwig 38 with manual winding, but went to watches of switzerland and they say only automatic is 38. the manual 35 looks too small on my wrist.

any experts can help advise if i should just buy off the official website?

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
There is horological value in a lowly F91 or G Shock or Orient Bambino. Better a lover who appreciates this, than a snob who’s just about who’s got the most expensive watch collection.

Kena featured on Hodinkee de watch sure got horological value hehe

jOhhcxm.jpg

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All I know is that real watch lovers don’t use the value of watch to represent penis length.

I like how in your mind you’ve conjured a dualistic narrative, probably inspired by the good and evil paradoxes that Hollywood silver screens sold our generation. Expensive watches, inherent horological buffoon... and so on..

I wont dissuade you, I find the notion rather charming actually. Well, more amused than charmed, but you get the idea.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yawn, as I mentioned earlier, intelligent people communicate simply and succinctly.

Dunno who you're trying to impress with your thesaurus. :s13: It takes a certain kind of dumbness to talk that way, 拐弯抹角。

Now are we supposed to trade insults, or something of the sort? I posted a picture of a watch and your reaction is to label me with a certain kind of dumbness?

My my my... And I dont know about this thesarus you keep going on about.. Growing up, my favourite was the Stegosaurus. In Greek stegos means roof and sauros=lizard. Cool stuff, amirite?

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want to compare penis sizes via English power now, I cannot stoop to your level of convolutedness. :s13:

I also cannot bring myself to spell "don't" as "dont", or "thesaurus" as "thesarus". Basic spelling is more important than bombastic words.

Some people cannot take being ridden at work, so they try to lord it over others on Internet. But when they don't get their ego fueled, then they spend their time preening in the mirror.

In any case, posting watches non-stop with snide comments = attention-seeking.
Posting convoluted posts pretending to have good English = dumb.
Can't understand above logic and mix up both = dumb.

I suppose you would have taken 8 sentences to write the previous 3 lines. :s13:

Hmmkay, just gimme a heads up when youre done with the edits okie dokes.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starting off like that makes me wonder if there is any depth of appreciation in watches prior or just affording it as a piece of jewellery.

probably a piece of jewelry to show off.
like a diamond to a lady which has no intrinsic value
which is in this case, a watch has no intrinsic value to that individual.

what a waste.....

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi pros here, i'm looking to buy an entry level nomos watch to celebrate my next stage in life. however budget is low so looking at the manual winding ones. should be 2+k?

official website says there is the ludwig 38 with manual winding, but went to watches of switzerland and they say only automatic is 38. the manual 35 looks too small on my wrist.

any experts can help advise if i should just buy off the official website?

go to watches of switzerland, they retail NOMOS.

anything below 3k can get you a nice nomos.

got my gf a club for under 1.7k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.