HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 15

Like Tree6150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #811

Can’t bear that €50 too. Especially for something that I have yet to try. Not sure how the elastic band will feel on the skin.
I got one pair which I got preowned much cheaper (was quite clean no wrist cheese). The weave is quite smooth and comfortable to the skin. No irritating sharp edges/thread/seams. In fact I find it more comfy then some generic nylon nato/perlon straps..

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #812
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Been looking at this thread for the longest time and I always wondered when will be my turn.

Today finally mark the day and also, my 38th birthday. It is also a reward to myself after 7 years (and counting) away from Singapore.

It's nothing fancy nor extraordinary nor extravagant. A humble watch for a humble man and it's the simplicity that still pretty much attract me till today.

Away for 7 yrs so siong reward.
Hmm need to save up for my reward lol
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #813
Banned

naise! love the combi
Thanks bro! I configured this strap in this slightly boring colour so I can pair it with my monochrome watches.

Awesome combo! Still can't bring myself to click purchase on Erika's site EUR50 + shipping is quite chor. Sidenote, replied your PM sent 2 months ago ps been on mobile the longest time!
No worries bro about the PM, reply very much appreciated! If you're going to get an Erika strap, do let me know. I want to get another strap from her (no hurry though) and we can share shipping.

just hoot only

initally i also cant bear coz find it ex

in the end i hoot two lol, life is short, must enjoy

poor abit nvm most impt is be happy
So true, but sometimes I follow this a bit too much, wallet not happy liao.

Can’t bear that €50 too. Especially for something that I have yet to try. Not sure how the elastic band will feel on the skin.
Slo_mo bro, you can try them on at Watch Wonderland at Suntec. I still ordered directly from the Erika Originals site though.
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:11 AM   #814

What's the story?
No story lah bro. Just something I wanted the longest time ever since I had left SG for work. Given that my family finances are now back on track after endless counts of massive medical bills, I do managed to save up over the yrs and so, it is time to get myself a good bday present. As many bros said, you only live once.

My initial target was the iconic Rolex sub but the price here at HK, where I am based now, is simply ridiculous. They really “fried” up the price like chow kway teow. I am quoted all sort of different prices and some are really openly chop carrot. Even some lobangs given by my local colleagues are also way off the chart.

Quote for example is the latest G shock 35th anniversary full metal watch, goes all the way up to 8000 HKD upon it’s release. HK G factory original price is 4699 HKD but forever OOS, needless to say u know I know the backend arrangement lah.

After giving up on the sub, I was looking at Pam 1312 but just couldn’t take my mind n eyes off Pam 560 and 510. Was torn between this 2 honestly but the clean “12, 3, 6 and 9” face of 560 eventually won my heart over. Furthermore, the discount is good and no surcharge for CC, all work very well within my budget.
kevpaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #815
Supremacy Member

arc13, coern, DXMachina and 1 others like this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #816
Master Member

Throwback to sat, Aquas for days.
coern likes this.
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #817

No offense to anyone but I can't see the attraction of Patek Philippe watches at all. Find most models really ugly.
anizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #818
Great Supremacy Member

No offense to anyone but I can't see the attraction of Patek Philippe watches at all. Find most models really ugly.
Because you're looking at the wrong models or rather the popular ones.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #819

Anyone bought the Alpinist at Qoo10?
Sorry if this ask previously, but does it come with any warranty?
kyle8151998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #820
Arch-Supremacy Member

Taste is subjective.
paul02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #821
Master Member

Very nice. Casio's new steel G-Shock squares are really a sight to behold. Never expected a G-Shock could look this elegant! I'm actually tempted to get one .

Sent from Samsung SM-T825Y using GAGT
arc13 and rboyboy like this.
Omnia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #822

No story lah bro. Just something I wanted the longest time ever since I had left SG for work. Given that my family finances are now back on track after endless counts of massive medical bills, I do managed to save up over the yrs and so, it is time to get myself a good bday present. As many bros said, you only live once.

My initial target was the iconic Rolex sub but the price here at HK, where I am based now, is simply ridiculous. They really “fried” up the price like chow kway teow. I am quoted all sort of different prices and some are really openly chop carrot. Even some lobangs given by my local colleagues are also way off the chart.

Quote for example is the latest G shock 35th anniversary full metal watch, goes all the way up to 8000 HKD upon it’s release. HK G factory original price is 4699 HKD but forever OOS, needless to say u know I know the backend arrangement lah.

After giving up on the sub, I was looking at Pam 1312 but just couldn’t take my mind n eyes off Pam 560 and 510. Was torn between this 2 honestly but the clean “12, 3, 6 and 9” face of 560 eventually won my heart over. Furthermore, the discount is good and no surcharge for CC, all work very well within my budget.
Congrats on your timepiece!
Personally would prefer a rolex sub or probably an Ex2... timeless value.

Pam surely got good discount la.
Buy online or 2nd hand lagi more discount!

Enjoy and wear in good health!
sleepyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #823

Hi guys! What’s the price for a seiko alpinist currently? Looking to buy one but skywatch is selling it for $1k. Anywhere else to grab it at a more reasonable price?
Have you bought your alpinist?
If yes, can you share where did you get it?
kyle8151998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 01:51 PM   #824

Not even one model you like from PP?!

snowver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 01:53 PM   #825

Congratz! This is the Pam that I was looking at for the longest time. Wear in good health!

Hi all,

Been looking at this thread for the longest time and I always wondered when will be my turn.

Today finally mark the day and also, my 38th birthday. It is also a reward to myself after 7 years (and counting) away from Singapore.

It's nothing fancy nor extraordinary nor extravagant. A humble watch for a humble man and it's the simplicity that still pretty much attract me till today.
snowver is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.