The Watch Thread - Part 16

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opps, i got mine from AD when the seamaster launch at ard 18% discount. I might have assumed boutique can give that kind of discount as well.

boutique role is to ensure their ADs watches can move thats why they always sell higher.

if they give same % discount then no point having ADs already.

shinoku2

Reaction score
Macru7c.jpg

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my seamaster with rubber strap at low 5k at grey for paynow payment. Warranty card is from overseas omega boutique.
The different with AD price can get me another tissot/mid range seiko watch, not just coffee..

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my seamaster with rubber strap at low 5k at grey for paynow payment. Warranty card is from overseas omega boutique.
The different with AD price can get me another tissot/mid range seiko watch, not just coffee..

price just increased mah, from 7.2 to 7.6k
before the increase this mth, if one can negotiate to 18% of 7.2, its ard 5.9 for a bracelet model from AD.

actually seamaster increased one time last yr and one time this yr. if can get it before may last yr is mid high 5k for bracelet,

consider like an atas coffee, rub shoulders abit, depends how one see things.

Last edited:

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
price just increased mah, from 7.2 to 7.6k
before the increase this mth, if one can negotiate to 18% of 7.2, its ard 5.9 for a bracelet model from AD.

actually seamaster increased one time last yr and one time this yr. if can get it before may last yr is mid high 5k for bracelet,

consider like an atas coffee, rub shoulders abit, depends how one see things.
Wah, 18% is quite good. When i enquire at AD before price increase (after phase 2), they told me max disc is 8% even for cash payment. Thats why i go to grey.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, 18% is quite good. When i enquire at AD before price increase (after phase 2), they told me max disc is 8% even for cash payment. Thats why i go to grey.

can negotiate further one, just show that u are keen. if they fixed at 8% then just walk off and go another AD. a few ADs selling omegas. i think normally at least can get 15%.

u check back few post, a bro managed to get 18% :)

Last edited:

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
Was at WOS this morning, Omega discount is at 8%, when i enquired for price of moonwatch casually

The classic Moonwatch disc might be stricter than seamaster... it is a model that moves by itself
Seamaster 15% disc is doable at the ADs, any more have to push the SA
Boutiques need to have a price differentiation so as not to cannibalize the ADs

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
BTW there is a pc of SPB149 LE at seiko JEM boutique if anyone is looking for it

bberry

Reaction score
The classic Moonwatch disc might be stricter than seamaster... it is a model that moves by itself
Seamaster 15% disc is doable at the ADs, any more have to push the SA
Boutiques need to have a price differentiation so as not to cannibalize the ADs
Indeed, moonwalk no stock also. But they will still take order and fulfill

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 XL using GAGT

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tip for Omega, might want to try those smaller ADs. they usually give better discount than the bigger chains like WOS, THG, SW etc...
can find the list on their website.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speedmaster no 15-18% don't bother.
Buy grey still better.
Last time 30% no problem

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the discount from ADs depends on the mode of payment; say discount applies for cash payment only, full retail price for credit card/instalment?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.