Supremacy Member

Day 3 - still in love
arc13 and cichlid like this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #2672

arc13 and mrclubbie like this.
shinoku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #2673

Hi all.. would like some opinions here.. i bought a sports Rolex in 2016 and wore it for a good 2 years before i kept it in a safe till now. Recently i have been thinking of selling it off. While i have no real use for the money, i feel that a watch should be worn and enjoyed which this watch has not seen the light of day for 2 years already.

While looking at it, i notice some scratches on the bracelet including the usual deskdives. Crystal still looks fine but the watch could use a good cleaning. The watch works just fine but it doesnt seem to wind as good as when it was first bought 4 years ago.

Im exploring my options to either sell it off as it is, send to Rolex service centre for servicing before selling off or just keeping the watch and hope its value continues going up. The option of sending it off to RSC for servicing before selling is to ensure i don't get low ballers coming to me because of the condition.

Appreciate all your thoughts..
NobleGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #2674
Master Member

cichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #2675

cichlid and mrclubbie like this.
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #2676

Hi friends, able to recommend a place to service my seiko watch?

Watch working fine but there's a weird sound when I shake it.
AhoLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:51 PM   #2677
High Supremacy Member

Hi all.. would like some opinions here.. i bought a sports Rolex in 2016 and wore it for a good 2 years before i kept it in a safe till now. Recently i have been thinking of selling it off. While i have no real use for the money, i feel that a watch should be worn and enjoyed which this watch has not seen the light of day for 2 years already.

While looking at it, i notice some scratches on the bracelet including the usual deskdives. Crystal still looks fine but the watch could use a good cleaning. The watch works just fine but it doesnt seem to wind as good as when it was first bought 4 years ago.

Im exploring my options to either sell it off as it is, send to Rolex service centre for servicing before selling off or just keeping the watch and hope its value continues going up. The option of sending it off to RSC for servicing before selling is to ensure i don't get low ballers coming to me because of the condition.

just keep or sell. no point sending for servicing
Old 06-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #2678
High Supremacy Member

arc13 and cichlid like this.
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:43 AM   #2679
Supremacy Member

My thought process, if I were in your shoes:

1) Is the watch keeping good time? Not needed to be within COSC, but it should not be running in a faulty manner (i.e. worse than a Seiko's rated specs). If YES, suggest not to service. If NO, suggest to service.

2) Why #1? Because it is one thing to sell a watch that needs servicing to reach COSC standards, it is another thing to sell a watch that is running in a faulty manner. The first, I think any normal/rational buyer that isn't too picky would not bother. The second, EVERYONE would be mighty pissed if they now have to send in the watch for it to work normally, and there is also no way to check on this prior to the purchase. Alternatively, you could price it lower in recognition of the need for service, but this will turn off many potential buyers because this could mean that their cost could range from a simple servicing to a massive overhaul. They are now taking a lot of risk. The funny thing is that even if it is running OK, the watch could break down the next day and they would face the same risk. But that's just human mentality for you.

3) If you service, you will definitely want to pass on the costs to the buyer. If everything seems OK, and your watch is not that old anyways, why bother? Leave the choice to the buyer. You also reduce your pool of potential buyers by jacking up the price right away.

4) Lowballers will just lowball, nitpicking at servicing (or lack thereof) is just one of their many tools. As a friend once said, all you need is that ONE willing buyer.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #2680
Supremacy Member

Finally got my hands on some Eulit perlons - verdict, they are Perlon, cannot expect some magical soft and ultra smooth (read: non-scratchy) feel on wrist. But the build quality is just much, much better than the standard cheap stuff that I've tried in the past, so I think this is an advantage when it comes to comfort - over time, the perlon should break in and last long enough to do so. Most cheap perlons will just start fraying falling apart after a few wears.
cichlid likes this.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #2681

My thought process, if I were in your shoes:

1) Is the watch keeping good time? Not needed to be within COSC, but it should not be running in a faulty manner (i.e. worse than a Seiko's rated specs). If YES, suggest not to service. If NO, suggest to service.

2) Why #1? Because it is one thing to sell a watch that needs servicing to reach COSC standards, it is another thing to sell a watch that is running in a faulty manner. The first, I think any normal/rational buyer that isn't too picky would not bother. The second, EVERYONE would be mighty pissed if they now have to send in the watch for it to work normally, and there is also no way to check on this prior to the purchase. Alternatively, you could price it lower in recognition of the need for service, but this will turn off many potential buyers because this could mean that their cost could range from a simple servicing to a massive overhaul. They are now taking a lot of risk. The funny thing is that even if it is running OK, the watch could break down the next day and they would face the same risk. But that's just human mentality for you.

3) If you service, you will definitely want to pass on the costs to the buyer. If everything seems OK, and your watch is not that old anyways, why bother? Leave the choice to the buyer. You also reduce your pool of potential buyers by jacking up the price right away.

4) Lowballers will just lowball, nitpicking at servicing (or lack thereof) is just one of their many tools. As a friend once said, all you need is that ONE willing buyer.

Hi bro, thank you for your great reply. Currently, the watch is keeping good time and itís also under warranty by Rolex till Sept 2021. I guess it wonít be worth the service and not even the polish. If I were to sell I guess I would just leave it up to the buyer if he/she wants to get it polished up. Iíll probably add a very slight discount too to factor in the price of polishing.

Anyway thanks for your reply and I will definitely consider all options carefully.
NobleGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #2682

cichlid and mrclubbie like this.
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #2683
Master Member

Finally got my hands on some Eulit perlons - verdict, they are Perlon, cannot expect some magical soft and ultra smooth (read: non-scratchy) feel on wrist. But the build quality is just much, much better than the standard cheap stuff that I've tried in the past, so I think this is an advantage when it comes to comfort - over time, the perlon should break in and last long enough to do so. Most cheap perlons will just start fraying falling apart after a few wears.
This is nice and very unique too
freshvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #2684
Master Member

cichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #2685
High Honorary Member

what model is this ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.