HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 16

Like Tree2029Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #2821
High Supremacy Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestion ! I should says luxury Swiss watches lol. Bring car term over here is my bad .

Letís says I can do without skeleton, what are the brands I can go for ? I know Rolex / Omega is never go wrong but I decided to go for other brands .

I would want someone to notice my watch and be a ďconversation starter ď for any social gathering if there are any .

Any recommendation on where to make my purchases ?

I seen Edmw lots of Bbfa terms lol so just use it .
the below is my personal view, one man's meat can be another man's poison, so read with a pinch of salt okie

agree with cyrenic, if you want a good and conversation starter watch, the KC is your best bet.

it'll depend on the group of friends you are with, but nowadays, wearing a Rolex will at most get you a "Wah, Rolex ah, how much you buy?" kinda speech.

but with the KC, they will go one step further and ask "how to tell the time sia" and so-on and so forth.

the Zenith Skeletons are also nice, surely a conversation starter.
Old 16-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #2822

Art is all in the details

sookainian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #2823

GS.

definitely a conversation starter kinda watch.

"eh, why did you throw so much money on a seiko?"
That's legit lol, I got a rolex siao aquintence telling me he can't understand why people will spend so much on a 'seiko' haha
j4jersey. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #2824
Arch-Supremacy Member

I used to wear a black color $100+ watches , and some of my colleagues and even friends commented is nice. it start up the convo, so ultimately i still think stil depends on person.
oh its a quartz
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 04:00 PM   #2825
High Supremacy Member

That's legit lol, I got a rolex siao aquintence telling me he can't understand why people will spend so much on a 'seiko' haha
or this gshock?
sgd10,000++++

Old 16-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #2826
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any recommendation for watch regulation service? My new spb143 is about +30 second per day now. A bit too much. Need to adjust the time after every few days.
I asked uncle Goh from K2 before , but he suggest to bring back to Thongsia because he donít want to open the caseback of new watch. A bit reluctant to bring to TS because have to leave it there and come another day. Saw skywatch at chinatown have this service, anybody try there?

I donít expect it to have accuracy like cosc movement. At least +/-10 spd enough for me. Even my other 200$ 7s26 seiko 5 have better accuracy than this 6r35.
ceestudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #2827
Supremacy Member

or this gshock?
sgd10,000++++

This one confirm conversation starter and within his $10-$15k budget.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
Kyo_kusanagi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 05:21 PM   #2828
Supremacy Member

Any recommendation for watch regulation service? My new spb143 is about +30 second per day now. A bit too much. Need to adjust the time after every few days.
I asked uncle Goh from K2 before , but he suggest to bring back to Thongsia because he don’t want to open the caseback of new watch. A bit reluctant to bring to TS because have to leave it there and come another day. Saw skywatch at chinatown have this service, anybody try there?

I don’t expect it to have accuracy like cosc movement. At least +/-10 spd enough for me. Even my other 200$ 7s26 seiko 5 have better accuracy than this 6r35.
Try the following shop?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
Kyo_kusanagi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 06:04 PM   #2829
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks. People park quite convenient from my place. Will drop down this few days.
ceestudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #2830

Thanks all . I am zooming down on Zenith , Hublot and Ulysse . I can top up if itís required .

Next question where do u guys hoot your watches ? Seems no one shared with me here . If itís a trade secret can pm me where you guys buy it ?

Edit : KC is tempting . It defines rebel . It embraces the dark . However is there any shop carrying it ?

Last edited by Icyclouds; 16-11-2020 at 08:03 PM..
Icyclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #2831
Master Member

I used to wear a black color $100+ watches , and some of my colleagues and even friends commented is nice. it start up the convo, so ultimately i still think stil depends on person.
oh its a quartz
Sometimes design matters more than the brand
freshvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 08:16 PM   #2832
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sometimes design matters more than the brand
I agree. or rather, if its not a popular brand and its nice, people will ask u more about it and ask to take a look.

but if you are wearing a 50k-100k+ watch, some ppl will shy/dont wanan go ask more about it ..
IcYFl4mEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #2833
Supremacy Member

Sure hope he doesn't mind if his company hire ang moh and pay them double to do the same exact scope and tell him that they won't spend so much on Sinkie..

Good watch is good watch. People pay for a mixture of factors..
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 08:47 PM   #2834
Supremacy Member

love the strap combi!
Thanks! Quite a good value strap from Nomad.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #2835
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks all . I am zooming down on Zenith , Hublot and Ulysse . I can top up if it’s required .

Next question where do u guys hoot your watches ? Seems no one shared with me here . If it’s a trade secret can pm me where you guys buy it ?

Edit : KC is tempting . It defines rebel . It embraces the dark . However is there any shop carrying it ?
zenith > UN and Hublot.

go to any AD, walk in, ask for discount (15-20%), take out credit card, sign, go home. settled

buy the zenith open work defy ceramic, less than 9k
conti watch
in house
self winding
ceramic case
skeleton
comfortable rubber strap for all occassion.

gaoxing84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.