The Watch Thread - Part 16

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not a vintage expert, but the four Submariner references that are collectible are:

1680 "Red" Submariner

Rolex_Submariner_1680_5D3_6070-Edit-6-1.jpg

The Big Crown Submariner

DSC04065.jpeg

The "Explorer dial" Submariner

292_001.jpg

And lastly, the MilSub

117_001.jpg
oh these are beautiful!!
are they arcylic crystal?? the yellowish is not very appetizing for me.
and (forgive me) I actually prefer the aesthetic of the modern-day design

anyway sorry I dont mean vintage, I mean, must-have for rich collectors
like how the 5711 from Patek is a statement piece for collectors, outside of that it's not much

thanks for sharing :)

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
oh these are beautiful!!
are they arcylic crystal??

anyway sorry I dont mean vintage, I mean, must-have for rich collectors
like how the 5711 from Patek is a statement piece for collectors, outside of that it's not much

thanks for sharing :)
Do you mean current production pieces? In the current Submariner range, maybe the green Submariner 126610LV? If a collector is into Submariners, then very likely he/she has to go into vintage.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you mean current production pieces? In the current Submariner range, maybe the green Submariner 126610LV? If a collector is into Submariners, then very likely he/she has to go into vintage.
was just wondering if there are "must-haves"
like how the 5711 (out of production now) is a must-have for the truly rich collectors

Just trying to understand the collection etc.
thanks for your input

as for the 126610LV, no wonder so many brands were pushing out green dials
seems to me they all tried to emulate Rolex's design language

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
was just wondering if there are "must-haves"
like how the 5711 (out of production now) is a must-have for the truly rich collectors

Just trying to understand the collection etc.
thanks for your input

as for the 126610LV, no wonder so many brands were pushing out green dials
seems to me they all tried to emulate Rolex's design language
Before the 126610LV, there's the Hulk 116610LV, and the Kermit 16610LV before that.

I think it's kinda difficult to answer your question, because the most sought after references for Rolex are all in the Daytona series... the green daytona, the RBOW etc.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before the 126610LV, there's the Hulk 116610LV, and the Kermit 16610LV before that.

I think it's kinda difficult to answer your question, because the most sought after references for Rolex are all in the Daytona series... the green daytona, the RBOW etc.
I just have a good look at all the models you mentioned and also briefly searched Daytona
putting aside ego and wealth and what a status symbol the Rolex is for some

I have to say I am not a fan of Rolex's design language

what is clear to me however is that the Rolex Submariner is the best looking one (vs diver watch from other manufacturers Omega e.g.)

But aesthetic is very subjective and personal, so it is just me.
I do like how the Explorer 2 looks but I guess ultimately I might not be a Rolex person beyond the usual Submariner (and Explorer)

thanks for sharing everyone !! :)

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows the price of a skx007 now? Saw it's going for $500 to even $700 in forums lol

Already has one, not intending to get another. Just wondering how absurd it can get
There are some turning up at $200-$300 on Carousell still...

To be honest, I don't think it will rise that much, think some people are just trying their luck. There's probably NOS here and there still.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boutique their smelly pattern will start from 3%, max I squeezed was 8%. AD max offer I got was 10%, AD maybe can go down abit lower but I didn't bother cos eventually, I went grey.
grey shld be around 5-5.5k

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.