www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Fashion & Grooming (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/)
-   -   The Watch Thread - Part 16 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/watch-thread-part-16-a-6275547.html)

WatchKnob 06-05-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Nails (Post 126913035)
Your argument is invalid if he is indeed BigStick :o

i watchknob leh :D

Red Nails 06-05-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchKnob (Post 126913328)
i watchknob leh :D

Thanks for admitting that his point is valid :o

WatchKnob 06-05-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Nails (Post 126913543)
Thanks for admitting that his point is valid :o

u gong simi man? simi valid invalid?

confusing like riddle:s11::s11:

cyrenic 06-05-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchKnob (Post 126913290)

if i cannot buy i won't say affordable or ugly or no class hahahahah

Wow, you sound like you have been really following the conversation between Gaoxing and your da zi (Big Stick). Almost as if Gaoxing had the conversation with you!

WatchKnob 06-05-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126915703)
Wow, you sound like you have been really following the conversation between Gaoxing and your da zi (Big Stick). Almost as if Gaoxing had the conversation with you!

u ok bo? low post = big stick?

funny leh i said i read the thread, ugly and no class is about the le ferrari and RM leh. u fan of big stick why everything is about him? and stick is not zi leh. he said big stick de patek is affordable and boring nia leh. wa lau make me go back and read again :s22::s22::s22: u make me blur like sotong :s11::s11:

cyrenic 07-05-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchKnob (Post 126915947)
u ok bo? low post = big stick?

funny leh i said i read the thread, ugly and no class is about the le ferrari and RM leh. u fan of big stick why everything is about him? and stick is not zi leh. he said big stick de patek is affordable and boring nia leh. wa lau make me go back and read again :s22::s22::s22: u make me blur like sotong :s11::s11:

I'm just saying that you seem very absorbed in the conversation, maybe you really follow it very closely. Why need to write long wall of text? :s13:

gaoxing84 07-05-2020 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126917884)
I'm just saying that you seem very absorbed in the conversation, maybe you really follow it very closely. Why need to write long wall of text? :s13:

just leave this here. why bother?

WatchKnob
Junior Member

Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 7

:s13:

feigningfancy 07-05-2020 04:40 AM

I'm actually quite lazy and I always only rmb to wind it after more than 3 days at least. My watch stopped more than 5 times at least already during this cb

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaoxing84 (Post 126913033)
U don't need one.
Just wind abit daily. Can last one


Melvyn_ 07-05-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feigningfancy (Post 126912922)
Any watch winders for 1 watch to recommend? This CB period seldom wear damn lay chay

Can check out Wind-O-Matic. Recently just purchased from them, extremely well build and reasonable price I must say for the price you're paying. Now just got to put both my watches in there and both never stopped. :s12:

Kyo_kusanagi86 07-05-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchKnob (Post 126913328)
i watchknob leh :D

BigStick Welcome back... you know I always on your side de. Patek for the win, time to show some here :s12:

epigram 07-05-2020 09:33 AM

I find winding up the watch before you wear it a good opportunity to rediscover why you fell in love with it

WatchKnob 07-05-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126917884)
I'm just saying that you seem very absorbed in the conversation, maybe you really follow it very closely. Why need to write long wall of text? :s13:

no la just read the thread only, not long leh 4 lines nia:s12:

WatchKnob 07-05-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyo_kusanagi86 (Post 126921051)
BigStick Welcome back... you know I always on your side de. Patek for the win, time to show some here :s12:

hehe you can pm him. but thank for you welcome newbie:s12:

cyrenic 07-05-2020 10:49 AM

https://i.imgur.com/waviFabl.jpg

Saw people doing this on IG so follow lol

arc13 07-05-2020 11:04 AM

Happy Vesak Day

https://i.imgur.com/h1MOqKt.jpg

rboyboy 07-05-2020 12:56 PM

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-cont...7-watch-13.jpg

King Samurai anyone?

cichlid 07-05-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboyboy (Post 126925031)

Nice, didnt know it's already here?

cichlid 07-05-2020 01:47 PM

3 Kings https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...1e84739d_k.jpg

rboyboy 07-05-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlid (Post 126926178)
Nice, didnt know it's already here?

Nah, not released in SG yet. Probably July. Been awhile since there's an automatic white diver from Seiko.

arc13 07-05-2020 02:15 PM

Great except for the cyclops

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboyboy (Post 126925031)


arc13 07-05-2020 02:15 PM

Too bad not kanji version, trying to get JDM one

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlid (Post 126926190)


atypicalsingaporean 07-05-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlid (Post 126926178)
Nice, didnt know it's already here?

Given that lighting and hair on the arm, I think you can tell immediately it's from ablogtowatch...

:eek:

hwaa 07-05-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc13 (Post 126926784)
Too bad not kanji version, trying to get JDM one

kanji is limited 500pcs.. selling out pretty fast, some jap sites already no stocks.

cyrenic 07-05-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboyboy (Post 126925031)

The white is really nice. Actually the black too. The price is going to be something that we are not used to though. I think need to wait for a while for it to normalise, looking at the King Turtle.

Kyo_kusanagi86 07-05-2020 06:05 PM

Dinner time
https://i.imgur.com/4iSfkqll.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

feigningfancy 07-05-2020 07:29 PM

Thanks bro. The boxes look good. Actually I need a non wired one forgot to say 😅. Got alot of ppl walking around my house so I always need keep in wardrobe zzzz. Rechargeable or battery operated one is fine too

Any recommendations can post here for me will appreciate it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvyn_ (Post 126920497)
Can check out Wind-O-Matic. Recently just purchased from them, extremely well build and reasonable price I must say for the price you're paying. Now just got to put both my watches in there and both never stopped. :s12:


cyrenic 07-05-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feigningfancy (Post 126919505)
I'm actually quite lazy and I always only rmb to wind it after more than 3 days at least. My watch stopped more than 5 times at least already during this cb

You don't need to keep winding the watch unless you have a perpetual calendar, or one of those watches with no quickset date (e.g. Vostok with date window).

It becomes a habit to pick up the watch, set it, and go out...

Anyways, there are various schools of thought about this, some people seem to think that not keeping the watch wound will gunk it up - I think the general consensus is that this no longer applies to modern watches with modern lubricants. I would argue that it makes sense that keeping it wound less often actually reduces wear and tear..

epigram 07-05-2020 09:33 PM

There is actually no need to keep perpetual calendars running continuously. The date can be easily be caught up with the correction pusher or crown turns, depending on model.

cyrenic 07-05-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epigram (Post 126935461)
There is actually no need to keep perpetual calendars running continuously. The date can be easily be caught up with the correction pusher or crown turns, depending on model.

I see, I have not had a perpetual calendar before, but I have seen discussions in WUS talking about overshooting the date by mistake, requiring the watch company to help to reset (and potentially get charged for opening the case etc). Is that no longer an issue these days?

atypicalsingaporean 07-05-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126936657)
I see, I have not had a perpetual calendar before, but I have seen discussions in WUS talking about overshooting the date by mistake, requiring the watch company to help to reset (and potentially get charged for opening the case etc). Is that no longer an issue these days?

Actually an interesting follow-on question is about the new MB perpetual calendar module, since it has a GMT (solid hand) hour hand for local time indication (and a 24-hour indicator for the home time, tracking the skeleton hour hand). Does the perpetual calendar track the local date? if so, it must mean that the PC module allows a date change backwards.

https://hodinkee.imgix.net/uploads/i...o_DSCF2081.jpg

epigram 07-05-2020 11:06 PM

Afaik that only affects certain perpetual calendars, e.g. IWC, JLC. Overly enthusiastic winding might cause the date to overshoot but it should be at most one or two days (unless one is daydreaming while winding). The solution is not to wear the watch, let it come to a stop, and let time catch up with it.

Melvyn_ 07-05-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feigningfancy (Post 126932930)
Thanks bro. The boxes look good. Actually I need a non wired one forgot to say 😅. Got alot of ppl walking around my house so I always need keep in wardrobe zzzz. Rechargeable or battery operated one is fine too

Any recommendations can post here for me will appreciate it!


They are both AC outlet and Battery operated. :flash:

cyrenic 07-05-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atypicalsingaporean (Post 126937180)
Actually an interesting follow-on question is about the new MB perpetual calendar module, since it has a GMT (solid hand) hour hand for local time indication (and a 24-hour indicator for the home time, tracking the skeleton hour hand). Does the perpetual calendar track the local date? if so, it must mean that the PC module allows a date change backwards.

https://hodinkee.imgix.net/uploads/i...o_DSCF2081.jpg

I see, or perhaps it is slaved somewhat to the hour hand...?

cyrenic 07-05-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epigram (Post 126937209)
Afaik that only affects certain perpetual calendars, e.g. IWC, JLC. Overly enthusiastic winding might cause the date to overshoot but it should be at most one or two days (unless one is daydreaming while winding). The solution is not to wear the watch, let it come to a stop, and let time catch up with it.

You are right - I think the fundamental problem could be in the context of no quick set date. When I had my Vostok Amphibia (yes, a far cry from perpetual calendars), I ended up hardly wearing it because when I left it alone and wanted to set the date, sometimes it was a rather ghastly affair.

I can imagine if there is somehow no quick set function for perpetual calendars, when you have to catch up after a long period of not wearing, that would be very painful indeed (months! years! oh dear..).

So perhaps I was mistaken about perpetual calendars as a whole category needing winding, the issue is quick set date.

atypicalsingaporean 07-05-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126937513)
I see, or perhaps it is slaved somewhat to the hour hand...?

I think it's worth finding out... by visiting their boutique and ask hahaha.

epigram 07-05-2020 11:49 PM

Afaik, most perpetuals have a quick set in the sense that you (a) turn the crown to move all the date indications at once without having to go through a 24 hour cycle: or (b) adjust the indications using a corrector.

It can be painful for the crown only calibres if you have to catch up months and years because you have to quick set through every single past day. It is even worse if the the year is indicated (if the watch was worn more than 4 years ago!). For those that don't track the year, the most is to quick set through a 4 year cycle of 1461 days.

For those calibres with correctors, it's relatively quick and simple to set the day, date, month, and year in a 4 year cycle to bring it up to date. At worst you have to click through 48 months if year and month are coupled together.

atypicalsingaporean 08-05-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epigram (Post 126937846)
Afaik, most perpetuals have a quick set in the sense that you (a) turn the crown to move all the date indications at once without having to go through a 24 hour cycle: or (b) adjust the indications using a corrector.

It can be painful for the crown only calibres if you have to catch up months and years because you have to quick set through every single past day. It is even worse if the the year is indicated (if the watch was worn more than 4 years ago!). For those that don't track the year, the most is to quick set through a 4 year cycle of 1461 days.

For those calibres with correctors, it's relatively quick and simple to set the day, date, month, and year in a 4 year cycle to bring it up to date. At worst you have to click through 48 months if year and month are coupled together.

I also think that it's due partly to the "complexity" of the sequence of setting the corrector pushers.

At least for the cal. 240Q in the Patek, you have to set to a safe time first, then set to the 1st of the month (pusher 1), then set to the correct month in the correct year (pusher 2), then set the date (pusher 1), and then the day of the week (pusher 3), then moonphase (pusher 4), then time, in this specific sequence.

cyrenic 08-05-2020 09:56 AM

https://i.imgur.com/stRxWjbl.jpg

arc13 08-05-2020 01:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/7OfA6NK.jpg

arc13 08-05-2020 01:25 PM

Still can get and it is 1000 pieces for black one and the bronze like one

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwaa (Post 126930738)
kanji is limited 500pcs.. selling out pretty fast, some jap sites already no stocks.


Strangemushroom 08-05-2020 05:00 PM

This is 1 hell of a conversation starter:

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/...psw1p0dzyf.jpg

Running on a reliable and easily replaced movement:

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/...psysykcke5.jpg

Lume is decent, (taken from inside a toilet roll):

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/...psgx7ickpi.jpg

hwaa 08-05-2020 05:54 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

peaceheart 08-05-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maya (Post 126807307)

Still very breitling which is good. That bracelet look new though and it's no longer slanted

peaceheart 08-05-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclubbie (Post 126811908)

I have a similar one in titanium

slow_mo 08-05-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peaceheart (Post 126953870)
Still very breitling which is good. That bracelet look new though and it's no longer slanted

The bullet bracelet is actually a reissue from an old design.

peaceheart 08-05-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow_mo (Post 126954144)
The bullet bracelet is actually a reissue from an old design.

Ah OK, learned something today

hwaa 08-05-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc13 (Post 126946599)
Still can get and it is 1000 pieces for black one and the bronze like one

so its 500 for the green one.

anyway... sharing is caring

there's 4pcs of green left in amazon jp.

those who are keen, mai tu liao.

:D :D

epigram 08-05-2020 08:33 PM

Green dials seem to be used frequently for middle eastern special editions.

KoChi 08-05-2020 10:00 PM

anybody know where can I get this watch at a good price?
thanks!
longines master collection
https://i.ibb.co/kDn1VL4/Screenshot-...9-57-53-PM.png

cichlid 08-05-2020 11:31 PM

SAT soon :s13:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0f836a3a_k.jpg


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.