www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Fashion & Grooming (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/)
-   -   The Watch Thread - Part 16 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/watch-thread-part-16-a-6275547.html)

cyrenic 10-08-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboyboy (Post 129019027)
looking forward to seeing the presage gen 2 in person. the smaller size appeals to me more. :s12:

Not sure the pattern is nice though. It's not quite "cocktail time". Also not a fan of numbers on dress watches...

Wish I had gotten the Starlight when it was out. That is still my favorite cocktail time. Just the three hander though, I feel that the more complicated versions take a bit away from the dial.

Aingeal 10-08-2020 10:47 PM

Hi everyone, seeking some help, hope its not a noob question to ask.

I am looking to get myself an entry-level luxury dress watch for work and also as a wedding memento for myself next year. I am dead set on Rolex Explorer Ref 214270.

Enquired with some AD like Hourglass and Cortina but all say OOS and to be placed on waitlist. Anyone have any advice whats the best way to get around getting this piece, brand new? "Deadline" is around next year June.

shinoku2 10-08-2020 11:20 PM

I am also interested in a brand new explorer 1 myself however getting one at retail is almost impossible,guess it's better paying prenium rather then be on the wait list that will never happen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aingeal (Post 129028714)

I am looking to get myself an entry-level luxury dress watch for work and also as a wedding memento for myself next year. I am dead set on Rolex Explorer Ref 214270.

Enquired with some AD like Hourglass and Cortina but all say OOS and to be placed on waitlist. Anyone have any advice whats the best way to get around getting this piece, brand new? "Deadline" is around next year June.

red_devilz 11-08-2020 08:52 AM

Explorer 1's premium is quite low so I'd recommend going grey instead of waiting indefinitely for AD.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

cyrenic 11-08-2020 10:34 AM

https://i.imgur.com/MSnn309.jpg

arc13 11-08-2020 01:03 PM

https://i.imgur.com/X5A73xK.jpg

Kyo_kusanagi86 11-08-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aingeal (Post 129028714)

You have to find a way to jump the list bro... couple of ways..

1) Pay the premium like any other bro here. (use to be "Ang baos" to AD long time back)

2) Visit as much AD as you can in Singapore and repeat your story to them, also raise this request on social media as well and hopefully they can response to you. (remember to tag them and praise them if required)

3) Start building up a relationship with them, buy a watch from them then put in a request for the Explorer. Usually buying 1 or 2 tudors to show your sincerely will jump the que. (Simple you support me, I support you logic)

4) Buy online on Ebay or other platforms if the local market is unable to meet your demand.

cichlid 11-08-2020 01:19 PM

test
https://500px.com/photo/194225021/

Aingeal 11-08-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_devilz (Post 129032983)
Explorer 1's premium is quite low so I'd recommend going grey instead of waiting indefinitely for AD.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

Right. Will do have to do some research on some reputable grey sellers then. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyo_kusanagi86 (Post 129037677)
You have to find a way to jump the list bro... couple of ways..

1) Pay the premium like any other bro here. (use to be "Ang baos" to AD long time back)

2) Visit as much AD as you can in Singapore and repeat your story to them, also raise this request on social media as well and hopefully they can response to you. (remember to tag them and praise them if required)

3) Start building up a relationship with them, buy a watch from them then put in a request for the Explorer. Usually buying 1 or 2 tudors to show your sincerely will jump the que. (Simple you support me, I support you logic)

4) Buy online on Ebay or other platforms if the local market is unable to meet your demand.

So say if I have a friend who has good relationship with some ADs, I can get him to ask for me and head down together with him to purchase the watch from that particular AD, provided if they have the stock?

Thanks for your reply!

Kyo_kusanagi86 11-08-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aingeal (Post 129038782)
Right. Will do have to do some research on some reputable grey sellers then. Thanks!

So say if I have a friend who has good relationship with some ADs, I can get him to ask for me and head down together with him to purchase the watch from that particular AD, provided if they have the stock?

Thanks for your reply!

That is possible, but you will be tagging on your friend account / purchase history. But its a long way to goal.I will suggest making friends with all the SA at the ADs and keep connected with them on social media.

All in a Day 11-08-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyo_kusanagi86 (Post 129042760)
That is possible, but you will be tagging on your friend account / purchase history. But its a long way to goal.I will suggest making friends with all the SA at the ADs and keep connected with them on social media.

Can share what have u managed to get from your AD frienship(s) so far? U sound like u did alot of groundwork and AD sexpert in snagging rolexes and special watchbox/winder..

ruffles85 11-08-2020 10:32 PM

Hi does any1 know which shop I can approach to have my Omega PO polished? Also, looking for the PO 8500 rubber strap if any1 happens to have one for sale. Thanks!

crunchytoast 12-08-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboyboy (Post 128997784)
https://i.imgur.com/aL6FqaX.jpg

GS honeymoon continues...

Makes me tempted to get a GS too. Is yours brand new?

Got any AD to recommend? :D

sookainian 12-08-2020 01:04 AM

https://i.ibb.co/FnSXdm7/IMG-1520.jpg

sookainian 12-08-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aingeal (Post 129038782)

Thanks for your reply!

You can use your friendís account to purchase too. Provided your friend is not interested in purchasing the watch that you want as they will normally only sell the same model to each account once. If itís a hot piece high chance your friend will want to purchase that model for himself too.

So I think itís better for you to build your own account. Unless youíre planning to purchase only one watch for the rest of your life.