www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Fashion & Grooming (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/)
-   -   The Watch Thread - Part 16 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/watch-thread-part-16-a-6275547.html)

arc13 07-05-2020 02:15 PM

Too bad not kanji version, trying to get JDM one

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlid (Post 126926190)


atypicalsingaporean 07-05-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlid (Post 126926178)
Nice, didnt know it's already here?

Given that lighting and hair on the arm, I think you can tell immediately it's from ablogtowatch...

:eek:

hwaa 07-05-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc13 (Post 126926784)
Too bad not kanji version, trying to get JDM one

kanji is limited 500pcs.. selling out pretty fast, some jap sites already no stocks.

cyrenic 07-05-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboyboy (Post 126925031)

The white is really nice. Actually the black too. The price is going to be something that we are not used to though. I think need to wait for a while for it to normalise, looking at the King Turtle.

Kyo_kusanagi86 07-05-2020 06:05 PM

Dinner time
https://i.imgur.com/4iSfkqll.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

feigningfancy 07-05-2020 07:29 PM

Thanks bro. The boxes look good. Actually I need a non wired one forgot to say 😅. Got alot of ppl walking around my house so I always need keep in wardrobe zzzz. Rechargeable or battery operated one is fine too

Any recommendations can post here for me will appreciate it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvyn_ (Post 126920497)
Can check out Wind-O-Matic. Recently just purchased from them, extremely well build and reasonable price I must say for the price you're paying. Now just got to put both my watches in there and both never stopped. :s12:


cyrenic 07-05-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feigningfancy (Post 126919505)
I'm actually quite lazy and I always only rmb to wind it after more than 3 days at least. My watch stopped more than 5 times at least already during this cb

You don't need to keep winding the watch unless you have a perpetual calendar, or one of those watches with no quickset date (e.g. Vostok with date window).

It becomes a habit to pick up the watch, set it, and go out...

Anyways, there are various schools of thought about this, some people seem to think that not keeping the watch wound will gunk it up - I think the general consensus is that this no longer applies to modern watches with modern lubricants. I would argue that it makes sense that keeping it wound less often actually reduces wear and tear..

epigram 07-05-2020 09:33 PM

There is actually no need to keep perpetual calendars running continuously. The date can be easily be caught up with the correction pusher or crown turns, depending on model.

cyrenic 07-05-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epigram (Post 126935461)
There is actually no need to keep perpetual calendars running continuously. The date can be easily be caught up with the correction pusher or crown turns, depending on model.

I see, I have not had a perpetual calendar before, but I have seen discussions in WUS talking about overshooting the date by mistake, requiring the watch company to help to reset (and potentially get charged for opening the case etc). Is that no longer an issue these days?

atypicalsingaporean 07-05-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126936657)
I see, I have not had a perpetual calendar before, but I have seen discussions in WUS talking about overshooting the date by mistake, requiring the watch company to help to reset (and potentially get charged for opening the case etc). Is that no longer an issue these days?

Actually an interesting follow-on question is about the new MB perpetual calendar module, since it has a GMT (solid hand) hour hand for local time indication (and a 24-hour indicator for the home time, tracking the skeleton hour hand). Does the perpetual calendar track the local date? if so, it must mean that the PC module allows a date change backwards.

https://hodinkee.imgix.net/uploads/i...o_DSCF2081.jpg

epigram 07-05-2020 11:06 PM

Afaik that only affects certain perpetual calendars, e.g. IWC, JLC. Overly enthusiastic winding might cause the date to overshoot but it should be at most one or two days (unless one is daydreaming while winding). The solution is not to wear the watch, let it come to a stop, and let time catch up with it.

Melvyn_ 07-05-2020 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feigningfancy (Post 126932930)
Thanks bro. The boxes look good. Actually I need a non wired one forgot to say 😅. Got alot of ppl walking around my house so I always need keep in wardrobe zzzz. Rechargeable or battery operated one is fine too

Any recommendations can post here for me will appreciate it!


They are both AC outlet and Battery operated. :flash:

cyrenic 07-05-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atypicalsingaporean (Post 126937180)
Actually an interesting follow-on question is about the new MB perpetual calendar module, since it has a GMT (solid hand) hour hand for local time indication (and a 24-hour indicator for the home time, tracking the skeleton hour hand). Does the perpetual calendar track the local date? if so, it must mean that the PC module allows a date change backwards.

https://hodinkee.imgix.net/uploads/i...o_DSCF2081.jpg

I see, or perhaps it is slaved somewhat to the hour hand...?

cyrenic 07-05-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epigram (Post 126937209)
Afaik that only affects certain perpetual calendars, e.g. IWC, JLC. Overly enthusiastic winding might cause the date to overshoot but it should be at most one or two days (unless one is daydreaming while winding). The solution is not to wear the watch, let it come to a stop, and let time catch up with it.

You are right - I think the fundamental problem could be in the context of no quick set date. When I had my Vostok Amphibia (yes, a far cry from perpetual calendars), I ended up hardly wearing it because when I left it alone and wanted to set the date, sometimes it was a rather ghastly affair.

I can imagine if there is somehow no quick set function for perpetual calendars, when you have to catch up after a long period of not wearing, that would be very painful indeed (months! years! oh dear..).

So perhaps I was mistaken about perpetual calendars as a whole category needing winding, the issue is quick set date.

atypicalsingaporean 07-05-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrenic (Post 126937513)
I see, or perhaps it is slaved somewhat to the hour hand...?

I think it's worth finding out... by visiting their boutique and ask hahaha.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.