HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 16

Like Tree2322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #1366

Since we are on the Rolex topic,just wondering since allocation is mostly allocated to VIPs, in this case whenever the stores get stocks of the sports model wouldn't they allocate to the VIP?and there's no reason for VIP to reject since all these pieces you can make tones of profit?common people like us or those hoping they can buy a non popular model to up the queue where in reality there's almost 0% change to get a sports model. Just my thoughts and it sucks to play the Rolex game imo
shinoku2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #1367

Since we are on the Rolex topic,just wondering since allocation is mostly allocated to VIPs, in this case whenever the stores get stocks of the sports model wouldn't they allocate to the VIP?and there's no reason for VIP to reject since all these pieces you can make tones of profit?common people like us or those hoping they can buy a non popular model to up the queue where in reality there's almost 0% change to get a sports model. Just my thoughts and it sucks to play the Rolex game imo
For the popular ones, the VIP has to inform the AD first, then the management will need to approve. This is to prevent foul play by store managers/SE to allocate to their family, friends and known flippers.

Of course, it is the prerogative of the management to sell to any customers they want to. From a business perspective, it does not make sense to sell to the same group of people all the time. Hence, new customers with potential may also get allocation. This one is up to the store managers to pitch to their management.
BigStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #1368

Haha double meaning

Wear it with pride!
arc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #1369
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha double meaning
Only if and where applicable
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:43 AM   #1370

Thanks for the information man

For the popular ones, the VIP has to inform the AD first, then the management will need to approve. This is to prevent foul play by store managers/SE to allocate to their family, friends and known flippers.

Of course, it is the prerogative of the management to sell to any customers they want to. From a business perspective, it does not make sense to sell to the same group of people all the time. Hence, new customers with potential may also get allocation. This one is up to the store managers to pitch to their management.
shinoku2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #1371
Arch-Supremacy Member

grey sellers still manage to get local AD stocks nonetheless
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #1372

Well, it's the prerogative of the management to sell to whoever they want. To move those 2-tone DJ, Cellini and ladies watches, they may bundle with those hot pieces. I understand this is very common in HK, Europe and US. I won't be surprised if it is done here also.
BigStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #1373

Yup, and this is one of them lol

I think it's kinda open secret now a lot of under table going on here, and I believe they have a system getting these popular watches into the grey market. The name on the warranty card is just some random name, and I guess from the inventory point of view every sale are unique buyers. I'm not surprised the majority of the VIPs are local or oversea grey sellers.

As BigStick summed it very well, it's the prerogative of the management to sell to whoever they want. However, I think the principle remains the same, if you are a potential buyer that could provide an equivalent profit of them selling to the grey market, you might be allotted the desired model by the AD.

It sucks for a new buyer like myself only interested in getting one piece, LL have to pay the grey market price. Though it does bring a lot of joy to get the watch I wanted finally.

Or you can try calling all the AD in the world, and hopefully, get lucky. It's interesting to hear the AD responses like the vid below

BigStick likes this.
powerpack8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #1374
Great Supremacy Member

this business model has been around for some time
Hermes has been doing it.

AP and PP is following suit because of the hype.

who started it? consumers on the ceramic daytona. blame them.

ADs are just doing what's best for their business. not happy? don't buy rolex.

there's alot watches out there as just as good or not better than a rolex.
discoburg likes this.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #1375
Supremacy Member

arc13, cichlid and mrclubbie like this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #1376
Arch-Supremacy Member

really like the aesthetics of some of those seiko lord matics. any1 has exp in hunting for one?
where to find lobang?
IStayInHougangChalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #1377
Master Member

arc13 and bubblemunche like this.
cichlid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #1378
Supremacy Member

arc13 likes this.
cyrenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #1379
Supremacy Member

Squale Tuesday

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
Kyo_kusanagi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #1380
Supremacy Member

really like the aesthetics of some of those seiko lord matics. any1 has exp in hunting for one?
where to find lobang?
Carousell or eBay bro.. no short cuts.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
Kyo_kusanagi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.