Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone know any tailors that have stretch materials for shirts?

Most tailors should stock em. Try calling the tailors you're keen on. But I rather you go for 100% cotton with a loser cut. Stretch fabrics usually composes more of polyester and elastic stuffs. Which might be pretty humid to wear.

What u wear reflect your image.
Thats y i always dress semi-formal.

With jeans... I reckon more trendy than semi formal. With a linen jacket or sport jacket I still deem it trendy.. I mean.. my 2cents mate.
But heck, you'll pull it off fine.

Cookie_Mon

Reaction score
What u wear reflect your image.
Thats y i always dress semi-formal.

That's true, I am very open hence I generally don't wear anything :o

speaking of which, anyone following HST on instagram? man its amazing how anyone can pull off wearing such a shirt :s22:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most tailors should stock em. Try calling the tailors you're keen on. But I rather you go for 100% cotton with a loser cut. Stretch fabrics usually composes more of polyester and elastic stuffs. Which might be pretty humid to wear.

With jeans... I reckon more trendy than semi formal. With a linen jacket or sport jacket I still deem it trendy.. I mean.. my 2cents mate.
Actually most tailors won't have it. I reckon only the higher end ones will have stretch fabrics from the branded books.

At the lower end you're looking at mainly 100% cotton or even much worse poly cotton blend.

Mid range similarly you'll mostly be looking at 100% natural fabrics.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score

long sleeve shirts with jeans is semi formal.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
Posting that atrocious looking shirt on IG does HST no good at all.

Looks like something a 7th month getai singer will wear.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HST has never been known for thei good taste at least IMO. If not for CBS doing very good work with his GPGT I believe they would be a lot less well received.

Reaction score

LOL.. Seems more for a hippy auntie..
But being a peranakan myself.. Doubt the nyonya community in katong would dabble in hst fashion sense for that particular shirt wise.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was facilitating a photo-shoot for my CEO earlier on. I was amazed at how clean and beautiful the lines of his suit (both jacket and pants) draped over his body.

Watching him move around in the suit was like watching poetry in motion.

Alas, his ensemble was let down by ugly cemented shoes and an otherwise impeccable white shirt, save for the floral lining and contrast buttonholes.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was facilitating a photo-shoot for my CEO earlier on. I was amazed at how clean and beautiful the lines of his suit (both jacket and pants) draped over his body.

Alas, his ensemble was let down by ugly cemented shoes and an otherwise impeccable white shirt, save for the floral lining and contrast buttonholes.

Did u ask him which tailor did up his suit and dropped him some good shoe contacts?

chickenbackside

Reaction score
long sleeve shirts with jeans is semi formal.
I see we have a fundamental difference in the definition of "semi formal" then. Jeans and long sleeve shirts would be casual for me.

Anything with the word "formal" requires preferably a suit (matching jacket and pants) in my mind. On the higher end of the scale, a suit with french cuffed shirts, a tie and oxfords/derbies. On the lower end of the scale, a not too patterned/loud odd jacket, chinos/wool pants, shirt worn with an open neck and derbies.

Jeans would fall into the casual or smart casual category.

HST has never been known for thei good taste at least IMO. If not for CBS doing very good work with his GPGT I believe they would be a lot less well received.
I doubt that's HST house style though. It's probably somebody's costume. Knowing Mr Goh, he probably posted it up cos of the fun factor.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
Jeans is always and forever a casual outfit.

They were first worn by coal miners (if i remember reading correctly).

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score

Reminded me of how i was told a story of how a division president (American) of the company was complaining that he had to buy US$600 shoes whilst traveling because his usual shoes broke apart. He never spent more than US$300.

Quietly hoping no one realised anything about my shoes.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reminded me of how i was told a story of how a division president (American) of the company was complaining that he had to buy US$600 shoes whilst traveling because his usual shoes broke apart. He never spent more than US$300.

Quietly hoping no one realised anything about my shoes.

Don't think u need to worry too much.. people who know will envy, appreciate or at least not be disgusted by that type of spending. Those who don't (like the division president) won't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.