Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I made a VBC pants with Matt at $270, though I think this is before another round of price increase and the current promotion. He does have in house fabrics which will be cheaper, however.

Wow.. pretty premium pricing.. proof of good demand for his tailoring!

koburn

Reaction score
Wow.. pretty premium pricing.. proof of good demand for his tailoring!

I believe the baseline for VBC pants (Perennial super 100s) for most tailors are in the region of $220-250 and up. Wouldn't consider KJ's pricing a pretty premium considering that he drafts the pants himself.

That being said, if that $270 is for VBC Revenge series what would be IMHO pretty fair price.

xterious

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if pleats on pants can be removed??

don't like the pleats, and I want to alter the crotch area, excess cloth there makes it bulge out

Sent from pulau semakau offshore landfill using GAGT

thats because the pleats are, badly made. Pleats are supposed to create more room space for your tights. And will look decent (imo).

12715771_1094750527212255_1312635050359357832_n.png

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe the baseline for VBC pants (Perennial super 100s) for most tailors are in the region of $220-250 and up. Wouldn't consider KJ's pricing a pretty premium considering that he drafts the pants himself.

That being said, if that $270 is for VBC Revenge series what would be IMHO pretty fair price.

I stand corrected on this especially if each customer comes with his own pattern done by KJ himself

zan82

Reaction score

KJ's was Perennial. I believe for people new into wool pants can try Lusso. Their VBC is, erhem, priced competitively.

Just made an experimental safari jacket with Ryan, hope the results come out good :D

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who made this pair of pants at Kay-Jen? I think you're right on track. :love:

12804744_1000206540053953_6509142260069905918_n.jpg

boomeray

Reaction score
First GPGT

Collected my first pair of trousers from Lusso yesterday.

Fabric: Dark grey, mixed-wool from in-house selection.
Design: Flat front, side adjusters with keepers, cuffs. Opted for a more classic fit for better drape in mind.

Pictures are taken after a day of work, please excuse the untidy shirt.... and my feet.

postimg.org/image/5utrryukt

postimg.org/image/nx88mc32f

postimg.org/image/gm1dsb4dx

(Would appreciate if any kind users can help to embed the pic)

After the first day of wearing I cant think of any major adjustments I will make for my next commission, then again, I'm new to this scene. To the more senior and educated users around, please feel free to comment and advise accordingly.

Overall I am quite pleased with the results as this is only my first commission with a somewhat reputable tailor. For someone as young as him, Ryan definitely knows his stuffs and is extremely meticulous with his measurements.

I do have a few more shirts and a pair of trousers yet to be collected, will post pictures if I can. Thanks.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Design: Flat front, side adjusters with keepers, cuffs. Opted for a more classic fit for better drape in mind.

Pictures are taken after a day of work, please excuse the untidy shirt.... and my feet.

After the first day of wearing I cant think of any major adjustments I will make for my next commission, then again, I'm new to this scene. To the more senior and educated users around, please feel free to comment and advise accordingly.

Overall I am quite pleased with the results as this is only my first commission with a somewhat reputable tailor. For someone as young as him, Ryan definitely knows his stuffs and is extremely meticulous with his measurements.

I do have a few more shirts and a pair of trousers yet to be collected, will post pictures if I can. Thanks.
How much did it cost you and who measured you?

Personally, I'm impressed that your pants still look like that after a day's wear. The big plastic grey button is a bit too much for me though. Did you specifically request for a thicker waistband?

Sent from erotic feelings as my post count accumulates. using GAGT

boomeray

Reaction score
I believe it helped that the trousers were quite nicely pressed when I collected them.

Damage wise it was $138 and it was Ryan who measured me, from the looks of it Lusso is still very much run by him alone.

For the size of the button, its still acceptable for me. It looks and feels more like a horn button but I may be wrong. Also seems to be hand shanked as well.

postimg.org/image/w8sot7unp

postimg.org/image/rjiyxd3x1

Lastly for the waistband it is the 'default' thickness as I did not specify any dimensions, though I believe he would be able to comply if you do. I did a quick measurement and its just over 1.5" thick.

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score

Very well done. You don't need to make any adjustments. If any, it would be cosmetic rather than fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.