HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Like Tree1066Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 02:22 AM   #7756

Wahsoshiok?
I knew the tailor from there yes, but i tried it myself. The fit wasn't that great off the bat (sleeve too short, too much fabric in some parts) but i knew what i wanted. Therefore, i asked someone to go down with him. If u know how a suit should fit, it is pretty good value for money but have to argue quite abit.

Last edited by Jemchong93; 09-10-2019 at 02:24 AM..
Jemchong93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #7757
Supremacy Member

anyone did their suit at SuitYourself? Are they good?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #7758

A tailor shop told me that they will charge extra 30% for XXL size. Is that a common thing?
ersatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:24 AM   #7759

anyone did their suit at SuitYourself? Are they good?
I think the consensus of most on this forum is to find another tailor if u have the budget.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #7760
Supremacy Member

quick question:

For slim (or skinny fat) body build, would you go with a more italian cutting or british cutting when making a suit for common occasions like attending company function, wedding, special occasions, etc.

Also, the usually recommended places like SB, Dylan, last&lapel etc, does any one know if their preference is towards italian/british cutting?
FatalethaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #7761
Supremacy Member

quick question:

For slim (or skinny fat) body build, would you go with a more italian cutting or british cutting when making a suit for common occasions like attending company function, wedding, special occasions, etc.

Also, the usually recommended places like SB, Dylan, last&lapel etc, does any one know if their preference is towards italian/british cutting?
Those terms are meaningless. Lear to communicate simply with regards to styling and fit and you'll find yourself a happier customer.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #7762
Supremacy Member

Any thoughts on Vivo Seah Im tailor for a simple suit at $300?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 05:54 AM   #7763

quick question:

I agree with darthsid actually. Most suits nowadays come with a mix of british and italian styles.

I think its best if you find pics of customers of different tailors (instagram etc) and go down to the ones u like and speak to the tailor/salesperson.
If they allow, you can even try out some of their rtw/sample jackets to see how it roughly looks like on you.
FatalethaL likes this.
Old 15-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #7764

Hi all

I would like some recommendations to make mandarin collar suits. Any recommendations? Thank you
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #7765

Hey folks,

I'm looking to tailor my first 2 piece suit with Sze Sze, below are the few characteristics that I've gathered:-

Suit:-
  • notch lapel
  • double vent
  • navy or charcoal
  • trousers with no break
  • two-button suit
  • pockets that are sewn in and have a flap
  • Lightly Padded Shoulder

Sample pic, charcoal suit:-

Spoiler!

I'm going to use it for work, conference and meeting clients. Need a classy and timeless piece since it's my first suit.

Anything else that I should note of? TIA!
powerpack8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #7766
Master Member

At least half canvassed

Hey folks,

I'm looking to tailor my first 2 piece suit with Sze Sze, below are the few characteristics that I've gathered:-

• notch lapel
  • double vent
  • navy or charcoal
  • trousers with no break
  • two-button suit

Spoiler!

I'm going to use it for work, conference and meeting clients. Need a classy and timeless piece since it's my first suit.

paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #7767
Supremacy Member

Hey folks,

• notch lapel
  • double vent
  • navy or charcoal
  • trousers with no break
  • two-button suit

Spoiler!

Actually, most impt is fit.

Darth will prob be able to advise u best with his experience. From my limited knowledge, he favours slim house cut, so if itís not your kind of fit, best to sound out early. Wear what you consider yr best fitting shirt/pants to let him have an idea of your preferred fit.
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #7768

At least half canvassed
Thanks! I've to google what's that, definitely will add that to my list.

Actually, most impt is fit.

Darth will prob be able to advise u best with his experience. From my limited knowledge, he favours slim house cut, so if itís not your kind of fit, best to sound out early. Wear what you consider yr best fitting shirt/pants to let him have an idea of your preferred fit.
Great tips! Will do as what you have suggested.
powerpack8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #7769
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody keen to go Collaro together next Sat?
Old 17-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #7770
Supremacy Member

Hey folks,

• notch lapel
  • double vent
  • navy or charcoal
  • trousers with no break
  • two-button suit

Spoiler!

Unless where you work is uber conservative, other than your breast pocket, I'd reccomend patch pockets instead of jetted ones.

Navy over charcoal because if you follow my above advice navy makes for a versatile sports coat/blazer.

How wide do you want your lapel? Try 3 inches minimum to be safe. Do you want negative or a belly on your lapel? A lapel with belly looks a bit old fashioned.

Do you want functional cuffs and lapel holes?

Insist on cupro or rayon lining. And at least half,if not quarter lining.

Insist on a longer jacket length that covers your bum at least.

Do you want a flat front or single pleat trousers? I favour the latter. Cuffs or no cuffs? Belt loops or side adjusters? How high do you wear your pants? Have you tried wearing them at your natural waist (belly button level)?

Make sure you ask for a more "classic"fit if not you might get something very form fitting but uncomfortable. Try and get a fabric without any polyester at all if you can afford it.

Great thing about Sze Sze is unlike pure MTM tailors,Mr Ong knows how to draft so he can accede to most requests depending on how politely you ask.

Most importantly breathe some life back into this thread and share your experience and pictures!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
powerpack8 likes this.

Last edited by darthsid11111; 17-10-2019 at 10:36 PM..
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.