HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Working Shoe for Young Exec

Like Tree1075Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #9451

Depends on your feet type. Have you had any carmina experience already?

For most people (based on unsubstantiated & anecdotal whatever-u-can-gather-from-the-internet data) it seems like Rain will fit 'true to size' (hate that term) and simpson requires going up 0.5

Some people may find Rain too spacious and either downsize 0.5, live with the extra space (because overall shoe length does not permit downsizing) or skip the last entirely. These people are likely to take simpson last 'true to size'.
This is quite true. I also do feel that Rain and Simpson are lasts that cater to fairly different feet types. Ie. You probably would fit well in only one of the two lasts and feel that the other fits slightly suboptimally due to sizing up or down with respect to the other
Old 27-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #9452

Depends on your feet type. Have you had any carmina experience already?

For most people (based on unsubstantiated & anecdotal whatever-u-can-gather-from-the-internet data) it seems like Rain will fit 'true to size' (hate that term) and simpson requires going up 0.5

Some people may find Rain too spacious and either downsize 0.5, live with the extra space (because overall shoe length does not permit downsizing) or skip the last entirely. These people are likely to take simpson last 'true to size'.
I don't even know what is the definition of "true to size" anymore.
Old 27-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #9453

I would just take it to loosely mean -
The length that works most often for you, if the shoe was of "normal" or "F" width
Old 27-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #9454

And to further add to the confusion, I just recently measured myself on the Brannock device and voila, I am a size 8.5US EE.

By the way, these are my sizings, if they are of any help to the folks in the forum:

Carmina Rain: 8.5UK
Carmina Inca: 8.5UK
AS 724 last : 8.5UK
Edetal : 43
Birkenstock(!) : 41
Old 27-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #9455
High Supremacy Member

i size up by half for simpson on most occasions apart from loafers. Sometimes i feel i might get away taking my "true size" (Which is typically 8.5) for simpson suedes. But i repeatedly chicken out at the last minute.
Rain 8.5 fits me pretty good.
As a comparison,
Simpson 9
Rain 8.5
Inca 8.5
Uetam (loafer last almost exclusively) 8.5
Forest 8.5
Oscar - I'm not going to try again. Omg
Thank you bro. I think this is pretty helpful.
Old 27-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #9456

Thank you bro. I think this is pretty helpful.
most welcome dude
Old 27-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #9457

What's the damage? Where do u rate them on a scale of popular shoemakers?
Slightly below SGD$500 (no GST incurred btw. heh).

Personally, it's tad too early for me to judge as I have just received it the previous weekend. But, comparing QC & price ratio, I will rate it slightly below Carmina. The latter being better. Do note that Andres Sendra's RTW shoes are open channel sole stitching unlike Carmina's closed channel sole stitching. I prefer the latter anyway.

However, what I fancy about Andres Sendra is due to their highly interactive website that offers a wide range of customisation tool/options to their clients. Their occasional sales are enticing too! Last month, they had sales (15% off) in lieu of Father's Day. Currently, clients will get a FREE pair of shoe trees with every shoe purchase. This is applicable till 28 April 2015. On top of that, Andres Sendra offers gorgeous patina concepts too. Finally, their sales dept are prompt in replying queries as well; notably Mario Rodriguez.

All in all, if one wants to venture into unexplored, mid-tier realm, I suggest giving Andres Sendra a try.

Last edited by lirahs; 27-04-2015 at 03:50 PM..
Old 27-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #9458

Slightly below SGD$500 (no GST incurred btw. heh).

Personally, it's tad too early for me to judge as I have just received it the previous weekend. But, comparing QC & price ratio, I will rate it slightly below Carmina. The latter being better. Do note that Andres Sendra's RTW shoes are open channel sole stitching unlike Carmina's closed channel sole stitching. I prefer the latter anyway.

However, what I fancy about Andres Sendra is due to their highly interactive website that offers a wide range of customisation tool/options to their clients. Their occasional sales are enticing too! Last month, they had sales (15% off) in lieu of Father's Day. Currently, clients will get a FREE pair of shoe trees with every shoe purchase. This is applicable till 28 April 2015. On top of that, Andres Sendra offers gorgeous patina concepts too. Finally, their sales dept are prompt in replying queries as well; notably Mario Rodriguez.

All in all, if one wants to venture into unexplored, mid-tier realm, I suggest giving Andres Sendra a try.
Pretty fun website to explore how different colours look on different models.

EUR350 a pop for patinated shoes seems like an attractive proposition vis-a-vis those from SL.
Old 27-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #9459

Thanks all for the expressed interest,

I have already settled the factory on their end, opening a hwz thread will only take a minute. What is left will be the pure logistical side of this.

I would say if all goes as planned. June will be a good opening date. Meanwhile you guys can prepare your budget ..

On a side note any one with logistics experience could pm me with your handphone number? I would like to seek advice so as to bring costs down, alongside reasonable freight times...

Thanks in advance!
Old 27-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #9460

Thanks. The prices u quoted are reasonable imho n i believe there is definitely a market for loake at your pricepoint in SG IF there is more awareness and opportunity for sizing before taking the plunge.

On this forum, loake probably see a market in mainly 1st timers in GY welt shoes. Many of the rest here would be into higher tier brands. I have a soft spot for loake mainly becos their popular lasts work well for me.

Regardless, i wish u luck n let me know if a MO does materialise.
I'm one of the above-mentioned first-timers that might be interested. Please keep us posted. Good luck.

Along the same lines, if anybody orders those cedar shoe trees from Taobao as mentioned by yanbros and likehotbutter in post #9325, please hit me up! Thanks.
Old 27-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #9461
d3n
High Supremacy Member

Along the same lines, if anybody orders those cedar shoe trees from Taobao as mentioned by yanbros and likehotbutter in post #9325, please hit me up! Thanks.
i might start a taobao shoetree MO to save cost. but it is a one off.
Old 27-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #9462

Thanks all for the expressed interest,

I have already settled the factory on their end, opening a hwz thread will only take a minute. What is left will be the pure logistical side of this.

I would say if all goes as planned. June will be a good opening date. Meanwhile you guys can prepare your budget ..

On a side note any one with logistics experience could pm me with your handphone number? I would like to seek advice so as to bring costs down, alongside reasonable freight times...

Thanks in advance!
Do take note on the gst that might be incurred on your end, and I bet the local ADs, might not be too pleased.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:01 PM   #9463

Do take note on the gst that might be incurred on your end, and I bet the local ADs, might not be too pleased.
Thank you for your input, I have already factored in GST as a cost.
Old 28-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #9464

any recommendation for a pair of shoe range of 100-200 prefer to be able to try instead of ordering online

my pair of rad russelis is breaking and decided to buy a new pair

reading through it seems like aldo/pedro are to be avoided.
Old 28-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #9465
Supremacy Member

Bata

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.