HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2018, 03:37 AM   #181

probably need a new round black oxford shoelace replacement. accidentally stepped on the aglet and it kinda cracked. any suggestions ?
d4rkw1sH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #182
wiz

Will recommend this

https://www.yeossal.com/collections/...t=304825827353

probably need a new round black oxford shoelace replacement. accidentally stepped on the aglet and it kinda cracked. any suggestions ?
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #183

looking at shoelaces or aglet replacement
d4rkw1sH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #184
wiz

Oh hahaha

looking at shoelaces or aglet replacement
Old 29-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #185

Angry Antonio Meccariello sizing

Hi guys

I have been going through the forum the last few days. My most expensive shoe previously was Prada but nothing of quality.

Lately, I had an urge to go for Shell Cordovan shoes. On Sunday, by impulse, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Carmina Shell Cordovan WHOLECUT 910 RAIN from Carmina's website. Yesterday, I thought since there was a local store at Capitol, I should go and try out the shoe size.

Then I discovered that the price at the are actually almost similar to the online store price 681.82€ vs S$1075. After trying out the sizes there, I also found out that I ordered a size too big. My size is US10.5 which should be UK10 but I ordered a UK10.5.

After that, I went home and promptly cancelled the order, thinking I should buy local and get the local support. Then after going through this forum today, I realised that the EB's and AMs are more sought after here... and after some more research, I concurred. So now, I am leaning towards getting an AM handwelted or Argentum welted. I saw that I should be going up half size higher for these choices correct? Which means I should be going for UK10.5?

Yeossol seems to not have sizes for UK10 or UK10.5 for HW or Argentum at the moment. Any suggestions?
spencert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #186
Supremacy Member

Any wearers of earnest collective ¿ , what do u think of the constant promo code℉
nomoreliaola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 10:56 PM   #187

Hi guys

I have been going through the forum the last few days. My most expensive shoe previously was Prada but nothing of quality.

Lately, I had an urge to go for Shell Cordovan shoes. On Sunday, by impulse, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Carmina Shell Cordovan WHOLECUT 910 RAIN from Carmina's website. Yesterday, I thought since there was a local store at Capitol, I should go and try out the shoe size.

Then I discovered that the price at the are actually almost similar to the online store price 681.82€ vs S$1075. After trying out the sizes there, I also found out that I ordered a size too big. My size is US10.5 which should be UK10 but I ordered a UK10.5.

After that, I went home and promptly cancelled the order, thinking I should buy local and get the local support. Then after going through this forum today, I realised that the EB's and AMs are more sought after here... and after some more research, I concurred. So now, I am leaning towards getting an AM handwelted or Argentum welted. I saw that I should be going up half size higher for these choices correct? Which means I should be going for UK10.5?

Yeossol seems to not have sizes for UK10 or UK10.5 for HW or Argentum at the moment. Any suggestions?
Would advise you email yeossal for advice.

You could also get a pair from the Aeris series or the Corno Blu Lyra, which are pretty nice too.
You will want at least 2-3 pairs for rotation instead of busting your budget on HW.
LegendZenify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 12:16 AM   #188

Hi guys

Sorry to butt in but are the prices of other Carmina shoes in Singapore's boutique store comparable to its online store?
Old 30-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #189
Master Member

You probably saw some standard calfskin at 1k... Carmina at capitol wont have 1k or so sgd shells unless theres a mega sale going on.
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #190
wiz

For AM, the general sizing should be half size up from Rain last. Contact yeossal to confirm, they have return policy.

If this is your first adventure into the above $500 category, will recommend physically trying the size and feel the shoes. They are quite different between makers.

Hi guys

Old 30-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #191
Master Member

This page needs some pics....

New kicks that just came in!

Darknight55 likes this.
Old 30-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #192

Sorry to butt in but are the prices of other Carmina shoes in Singapore's boutique store comparable to its online
Didn’t have a chance to check others. Shouldn’t be much of a difference I feel.

You probably saw some standard calfskin at 1k... Carmina at capitol wont have 1k or so sgd shells unless theres a mega sale going on.
Actually not looking at Cordovan for AM. Don’t see any last for that as well

For AM, the general sizing should be half size up from Rain last. Contact yeossal to confirm, they have return policy.
Going to their “showroom” at Geylang East to try out sizes. Was told by AM online that I should still be size UK10 even for their chisel last after I provided my A B C sizes. Was just having same thoughts of have 2 Aeris range to start. Planned to check out their Aeris range when I am there.

If this is your first adventure into the above $500 category, will recommend physically trying the size and feel the shoes. They are quite different between makers.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Quick reply from Yeossol to ask me to try out at their “showroom”.
spencert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #193
Master Member

Calf should be in the 600-700 range. Unless the operators here have gone bonkers.
Old 30-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #194
wiz

Enjoy your session there, ask politely to try the rest of the offerings and you may walk away with more than 1 pair, I know I did

Didn’t have a chance to check others. Shouldn’t be much of a difference I feel.

Actually not looking at Cordovan for AM. Don’t see any last for that as well

Going to their “showroom” at Geylang East to try out sizes. Was told by AM online that I should still be size UK10 even for their chisel last after I provided my A B C sizes. Was just having same thoughts of have 2 Aeris range to start. Planned to check out their Aeris range when I am there.

If this is your first adventure into the above $500 category, will recommend physically trying the size and feel the shoes. They are quite different between makers.
Yes. Quick reply from Yeossol to ask me to try out at their “showroom”.[/QUOTE]
Old 30-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #195
wiz

Nice!

May I ask what are those pants?

This page needs some pics....

New kicks that just came in!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.